Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: What's this? A new Photo Gallery?

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

What's this? A new Photo Gallery?

MousePlanet has installed a new photo gallery program called PhotoPost for our MousePad discussion board. Our goal is to make it easier for readers to share photos they take during their Disney travels.

We are still working out a few details with the new system, but here are some basics to get you started. We hope you have a LOT of fun with this!

Oh, and yes, it works from your mobile device! Just go to MousePlanet.com/photos to log in to your MousePad account and upload right from the parks! I know I'm going to be sharing lots and lots of photos now that I have an easier way to add them to MousePad.

• You may create your own User-specific albums, post photos to general theme albums (like "Disneyland" or "Halloween"), or both. User-created albums may be set to Public or Private.
    • Photos may be no larger than 2MB each. The system may not display an error if your photo is too large - we're working on that. If you have trouble uploading an image, check the image size, resize if necessary, and try again.

• All use of the Gallery tool is subject to the same terms, conditions and MousePad Community Policies as your written posts, including, but not limited to:
      • You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this message board to post any material that is knowingly false and/or defamatory, libelous, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, threatening, an invasion of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.
      • You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by this Web site/message board. These include, but are not limited to images, photos, videos, and audio files.
      • Please remember that you are our guest here, and that we must reserve the right to exclude you at our whim, for any or no reason whatsoever. By registering and using the board you acknowledge this right and agree to abide by our rules and to submit to their interpretation and enforcement by our moderators and editors.

• You represent and warrant that you own the photo or image uploaded through this service. The photographer retains the copyright of any photos uploaded onto our server. By using this service to upload and store photos on the MousePlanet servers, you grant MousePlanet, Inc., our subsidiaries or sub-licensees the non-exclusive, royalty-free right to use your images. For example, photos uploaded to the Gallery may automatically be included in a rotating display on the MousePad main page. You can set your albums to "Private" if you do not wish others to see your photos.
    • The photos you upload through this tool will be hosted on MousePlanet, Inc. servers.
    • Photos can be removed from our servers by the user at any time by simply deleting the photo. However, doing so will not remove them from any archive, index or cache (such as Google's Wayback tool.) Think before you post - once posted, a photo can never truly be completely erased from the internet.
    • Moderators and administrators reserve the right to remove any photo at any time, for any or no reason.
    Last edited by AVP; 09-17-2014 at 10:12 PM.
    If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

2. # ADS

Sounds cool!

Does this intertwine with the current area within our account that we can have photos stored in ("attachments")? Or is it totally separate without the limit that is currently set for how large our cumulative collection of attachments can be?

Thanks!

-Dave

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave1313 View Post
    Sounds cool!

Does this intertwine with the current area within our account that we can have photos stored in ("attachments")? Or is it totally separate without the limit that is currently set for how large our cumulative collection of attachments can be?

Thanks!
    It is a separate area and limit.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

Team MousePlanet
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AVP View Post
    You may create your own User-specific albums, post photos to general theme albums (like "Disneyland" or "Halloween"), or both. User-created albums may be set to Public or Private.
    I can't seem to find instructions on how to create a user-specific album. Am I missing a link to instructions somewhere?
    MousePlanet Staff Copy Editor. Keep calm and carry on! Learn how you can travel with just your carry-ons, at my Travelite FAQ! Go Team MousePlanet! My dream came true! I qualified for the 2016 Boston Marathon. Required finish time: 4:00. My BQ time: 3:54:48! All-time marathons completed: 11; halfs: 45.

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

I didn't post a link to the User Guide because it's a lot to slog through, but if you're having trouble creating albums or adding photos, it's available for anyone to reference.

http://www.photopost.com/manual/userinterface.html

To get started, just go to the GALLERY tab at the top of any MousePad page, or click this link to the Gallery page. You'll see the following options lined up across the top every Gallery page, under the navigation tabs:

Home
    My Favorites
    Search
    My Albums
    My Profile
    My Photos
    Admin
    Upload Photos
    No messages

From there, create photos and add albums to your heart's content. Every time you upload a photo, you are given the option of which album you want it to go to - your personal album, or one of the shared public albums.

Team MousePlanet
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

Thank you!

MousePlanet Staff Copy Editor. Keep calm and carry on! Learn how you can travel with just your carry-ons, at my Travelite FAQ! Go Team MousePlanet! My dream came true! I qualified for the 2016 Boston Marathon. Required finish time: 4:00. My BQ time: 3:54:48! All-time marathons completed: 11; halfs: 45.

Does these photos accrue towards the max limit of space we allotted by MP?

"If you can Dream it you can Do IT." Walt Disney

This is awesome! It should make sharing pictures way easier. Very excited!

2015: Star Wars 10k + Avengers 10k
    2016: Star Wars 10k, Paris Half and 5k, Avengers Half
    2017: Star Wars Light Side Half, Star Wars Dark Side Half, Paris Half and 10k, Avengers 10k
    MouseAdventure Addict- Usually "Beware the Groove"

Quote Originally Posted by sjhanksaz View Post
    Does these photos accrue towards the max limit of space we allotted by MP?
    See above. It is a separate accounting.

Is there a way to delete photos? I checked the referenced manual, but the menus shown in the guide don't seem to exist when I try to follow the instructions for photo editing or deletion.

I was learning the tool and posted 3 pics to (I think) my general user gallery before I created a special album for them. (this link is the ones I would like to keep)

I'd like to delete the 3 that are not in the album so I don't have duplicates, but I could not readily see how to do so. (the ones I would like to delete:link1 link2 link3)

Thanks!

-Dave