Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Question about Rider Swap

Question about Rider Swap

Hi all,
    So we are going to attempt out first trip with our new little guy (7 months old at time of visit). I know, I know, I wasn't going to take him until he was older, but I have to be in So Cal for a conference and we have friends in the area so..

Anyway, I have a question about different rider swap scenarios.

I know the rider swap for each ride is pretty much in a different place. My question is: if the ride has FP (such as SoC or RSR) do we need to get a fast pass for the ride? If we just walk up to the ride and say we want to do rider swap do we get admitted to the fast pass line? Have to wait on the standby line? Just trying to strategize our FPs and our trips through both the parks. I have a feeling the adults will still need the FPs but any help/advice from here would be great! We are nervous because we don't have EMH entry for DCA on an EMH day! Gonna have to book it over to Cars Land. Lucky DS is a morning person. lol

Oh, and any other rider swap advice/experiences/tips would be most welcome!

Thanks!

Cool Runnings
    Doc

"All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them." -Walt Disney

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." -Jackie Robinson

2. # ADS

Blog Entries

Rider swap - The first person will go through Standby or if they have a FP, they can go through the FP line. The second person doesn't need a FP, they will go through the FP line if available.

Search in the Parenting forum. AdrienneK has a detailed report on how to use it.

Planning 3 trips at once...

What Mal said. We had 2 days last week that we got RSR fast passes at 3:30/4:00 in the afternoon. We had 8PM close times for DCA and they were both for the last 40 minutes or so of the day. RSR is also a great one to use the single rider line for.

Figuring out the mom thing
    Quote Originally Posted by RockDoc07 View Post
    with our new little guy (7 months old at time of visit). I know, I know, I wasn't going to take him until he was older
    Around here you might get teased for waiting so long to take him! Have a great trip!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Leap for Joy View Post
    Around here you might get teased for waiting so lopng to take him! Have a great trip!!!
    True, he is kind of an "Old man" for his first trip.

At the entrance to the FP you will see a Cast member. Ask them how it works for that ride.

It's been a while since we had to use them but it seems like it differed a little for each ride.

"If you can Dream it you can Do IT." Walt Disney

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Don't forget to visit Mickey!

Cathy

I would take advantage of every ride that has a single rider option too. Or you could do a combo of the two FP and single rider.

Definitely get a pic with all the characters you can; they are so sweet with the infants. You will get some great expressions from the Princesses