Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Halloween Time 2014 food and beverage

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

Halloween Time 2014 food and beverage

Foodies and collectors of Disney's souvenir food containers are in for a treat when Halloween Time begins tomorrow at Disneyland, though the expanded selection of offerings will do a trick on your wallet.

I have a rundown of what to expect at some of the food and beverage locations around the resort, and here are some of the highlights:

Souvenirs:

• Maleficent Dragon souvenir sipper - Award Weiners in DCA; several New Orleans Square locations in Disneyland
    • Pumpkin Mickey, Poison Apple and Jack Skellington glow cubes - Various lemonade carts around Disneyland
    • Zero's Doghouse popcorn bucket - New Orleans Square popcorn cart)
    • Hot drink mug and popcorn bucket with black-and-white images from the 1929 Silly Symphony animated short, "The Skeleton Dance" - throughout Disneyland and DCA

Menu items:
    • Blue cheese and onion marmalade burger - Hungry Bear
    • Korean BBQ skewer - Bengal BBQ, but ONLY on Halloween
    • Buffalo chicken flatbread - Village Haus
    • "Cobweb"-topped (Swiss cheese, grilled onions and mushrooms) burger or grilled chicken sandwich - Taste Pilots Grill
    • Turkey pot pie soup - Pacific Wharf Cafe
    • Monsters U Burger - cheeseburger topped with burger sauce, lettuce, tomato, pickles and grilled onions, served with french fries covered in parmesan ranch "ooze." BTW - the ooze is blue - Tomorrowland Terrace
    • Macaroni and cheese pizza - Redd Rockett's Pizza Port
    • Pork tamales - Rancho del Zocalo

Drinks:
    • Raspberry Magnolia lemonade - Mint Julep Bar
    • Mango habanero lime iced tea - Golden Horseshoe
    • Tropical habanero punch - Royal Street Verandah
    • Caramel apple smoothie - Schmoozies

Desserts:
    • Apple pie funnel cake - Hungry Bear
    • Pumpkin beignetes - Cafe Orleans and Mint Julep Bar
    • Banana fritters - Royal Street Verandah
    • Ice cream nachos - Golden Horseshoe
    • Pumpkin twist - Cozy Cones and Maurice's Treats
    If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

2. # ADS

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

And I thought I was saving for avengers half.

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

When we were there today, in DCA at the pizza place they had a sign of for keeping away vampires pizza, chicken with roasted garlic. Sounds good.
    I'm excited about the Skeleton dance popcorn bucket and mug , and Zero's bucket !

So many things to eat! I really want to try the blue cheese burger at Hungry Bear. I really like the one at Taste Pilots but this one is a little different. The buffalo chicken pizza sounds good too and also the cobweb burger at Taste Pilots. I always have to get a Mint Julep but I may have to get the raspberry lemonade instead. Or maybe DH can get that and I'll taste it . How am I going to eat all the new things and the regular things I want to eat too? So many decisions.

Do we know what ice cream nachos are? I don't remember that from previous years, but I may have just not seen them :-)

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shortpix77 View Post
    Do we know what ice cream nachos are? I don't remember that from previous years, but I may have just not seen them :-)
    The "chips" are waffle cone pieces. It looks YUMMY

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by AVP View Post
    The "chips" are waffle cone pieces. It looks YUMMY
    Oooh. Now I need pumpkin beignets and ice cream nachos. Yummmm...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TTFN92 View Post
    How am I going to eat all the new things and the regular things I want to eat too? So many decisions.
    My sentiments exactly. I guess they do want passholders to come back often. Hmmm....
    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Blog Entries

They had me at Turkey Pot Pie Soup.

Team Happy Place - Winners Spring 2009 MouseAdventure: Trains, Trams & Monorails
    Would rather be looking at the back side of water...
    Everything in life is only for now.
    Nope - it never ends.

Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    My sentiments exactly. I guess they do want passholders to come back often. Hmmm....
    As a kid, my dad wanted to maximize the value our annual visits by going on as many rides as possible, and minimize the costs by making us eat lunch from home in the parking lot out of a cooler. This seemed perfectly normal to me growing up.

The first year I got my annual pass I was in college, and didn't have a car, so I only went when one of my floor mates (who also had a pass) was going. She introduced me to all of the food offerings at Disneyland. I think I spent my first year as a passholder eating my way through Disneyland. I think limited time food offerings are a great way to maximize getting passholders to spend money they might not otherwise without impacting the less frequent park goers. I now have several restaurants on my "to eat at" list that I can't recall when I ate their last. And by spreading out the offerings it makes me want to go and eat multiple times.

Blog Entries

@currence - good point, though I bet we'll still get the "management thinks APs don't spend enough" rant. It would be a neat exercise to see how many food choices are selected by passholders or how many go for the standard dogs, burgers, fries, pizza. I finally got my boys to try and like the asparagus skewer at Bengal and they went and raised the price (ugh!). I look forward to HalloweenTime visits thought not as frequent as I would like. Bummer is definitely that I am the sole passholder in my house, so its difficult to try all of the items without bloating your way through the day. If i had more in my party we could share bites.

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by currence View Post
    I think limited time food offerings are a great way to maximize getting passholders to spend money they might not otherwise without impacting the less frequent park goers.
    No kidding. I can't remember if it was the night time special events like the Soundsational ones or if it was the 24 hour event 2 years ago, but we went chasing after a lot of the special food being offered. Glad the mac and cheese dog is on the regular menu at Coke Corner, but I really wish they'd bring back the yummy cherry pie at Stage Door from the 24 hour event!
    Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Headless Chicken

Must have those habanero drinks. OMG!

First 5K - Neverland - January 19th, 2013
    First Half Marathon - TinkerBell - January 19th, 2014

It's amazing what is possible in just one year.

Quote Originally Posted by cstephens View Post
    Glad the mac and cheese dog is on the regular menu at Coke Corner,
    I can't understand how this would be good, and I love Mac n cheese.

Any word if they are doing Halloween demitasse cups this year? I got ones last year and in 2010. not sure if it is an every year thing. Thanks

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TTFN92 View Post
    I can't understand how this would be good, and I love Mac n cheese.
    Dunno what to tell you. I like it. I've put chopped up hot dogs in my mac and cheese before, so I figured I'd like this. Oh, and I think it's actually a bacon mac and cheese dog. It's been a while since I've had one.

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Oh, and I think it's actually a bacon mac and cheese dog. It's been a while since I've had one.
    It's the normal hot dog, topped with macaroni and cheese and then topped with bacon bits (which are really more like shredded bacon IMHO). You can order them without the bacon if you want.

AVP

It would be great to see any pics of the food and drink items if anyone went yesterday or as the parties go on

Always on my way to Disneyland: 84, 87, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 03, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 11

We haven't been to the Hungry Bear in years, but went yesterday because we wanted to try something new. I had the Blue Cheese and Onion Marmalade burger. It was actually quite good! It is served on ciabatta bread rather than a traditional bun. It was a bit too much onion for me, so I took most of it off, but the sandwich was enjoyable. You can get it with fries or slaw. We also ordered the apple pie funnel cake (I believe the sign said it was caramel apple funnel cake). We each cut off a small piece, decided it was waaaaay too sweet for us, and gave it to the table of teenagers next to us. They devoured it. Just a note: I would advise being prepared to look at your phone or take a list of where the seasonal food offerings are available. I think if you were there without having read something like this thread, you could easily miss it.

To all who come to this happy place...quit stepping on the back of my shoes!

Blog Entries
    Dunno what to tell you. I like it. I've put chopped up hot dogs in my mac and cheese before, so I figured I'd like this. Oh, and I think it's actually a bacon mac and cheese dog. It's been a while since I've had one.
    I know a few MPers who also order a cup of chili and put it on the Mac and Cheese dogs....
    Planning 3 trips at once...

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    I know a few MPers who also order a cup of chili and put it on the Mac and Cheese dogs....
    Yeah, I haven't indulged in that yet.

Thanks for posting. Doesn't French market usually do some HMH items?

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleeping Suzi View Post
    Any word if they are doing Halloween demitasse cups this year? I got ones last year and in 2010. not sure if it is an every year thing. Thanks
    I was told last year was the end of that series.

Quote Originally Posted by miss bianca View Post
    Thanks for posting. Doesn't French market usually do some HMH items?
    Yes, they have the Oreo mousse coffin cake and the Shrimp Po Boy back this year. IMHO, that coffin cake needs to stay IN the coffin - the white chocolate mousse is just too much.

Quote Originally Posted by lweigel View Post
    It would be great to see any pics of the food and drink items if anyone went yesterday or as the parties go on
    Here are some of mine, hopefully other people can share theirs.

That green and blue ooze is just nasty looking. Reminds me of the committed ketchup they used to have that my kids wouldn't touch.

Disney blue cheese.jpg Hungry Bear Blue Cheeseburger
    To all who come to this happy place...quit stepping on the back of my shoes!