Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: WDW pulls the plug on electronics charging lockers

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

WDW pulls the plug on electronics charging lockers

Disney will pull the plug this week on a test of electronics charging lockers in the Magic Kingdom. The test began in April at two locations in Tomorrowland. Unlike the charging lockers at Disneyland, the service at Magic Kingdom was free. The lockers will be removed as of this Saturday, September 13.

If you have your own charger, there are several authorized places where you can still charge your phone around the Magic Kingdom. Designated power outlets for charging mobile devices are available in the Tomorrowland Arcade, and the seating area near Pete's Silly Sideshow.

Power outlets and USB ports are available in Rapunzels village (the Fantasyland bathrooms) look inside the faux tree stumps in the seating area.

Disney strongly discourages people from plugging in elsewhere, but there are dozens of other accessible outlets around the parks.

If you'd rather have a portable recharge, Disney sells a variety of instant chargers for various mobile devices. You'll generally find these in the same stores that sell camera accessories, or the D Tech product line.

If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

2. # ADS

Self-proclaimed Diz nut TinaMouse's Avatar

Hmmm...no mention as to why? Wonder if it was a big hit that they can capitalize on for future or if it was a bust?

Working hard for that next WDW trip!

Read Everything-Assume Nothing GusMan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TinaMouse View Post
    Hmmm...no mention as to why? Wonder if it was a big hit that they can capitalize on for future or if it was a bust?
    Well...
    Disney sells a variety of instant chargers for various mobile devices.
    I think there is the answer.... (Just my guess) Dont need to give away something for free when you can sell something, make a profit, and is reusable for the guest.

I know having my little portable battery pack was a great addition to my camera bag this past trip. My "big" pack, no bigger than a deck of cards, could recharge more than three phones from nearly dead to full and still have capacity to spare.
    Disney-Inspired Author and Blogger
    CoHost of the Behind The Ears Podcast... Check it out on iTunes
    Admin of The WDW Community Facebook page.

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!

Self-proclaimed Diz nut TinaMouse's Avatar

I have one of those are rarely used it, but it would have been good to have at WDW.

Working hard for that next WDW trip!