Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Sneaky, sneaky. Matterhorn has seats!

Sneaky, sneaky. Matterhorn has seats!

Went on Matterhorn this evening. There are now seats in the sleds. About 5 to 6 inches off the floor of the sleds. I was not rolled back on my tailbone and I didn't have to sit up to not be on it. I was in the front of the second sled, but my almost 6' son said he was able to get his feet further into the foot wells and was comfortable as well. He was in the back of the front sled.
    Someone has been listening.

2. # ADS

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

Hmm, thanks for the info. May need to try it this weekend.

Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Sneaky, sneaky. Matterhorn has seats!

Interesting. We'll have to check it out in a few weeks .

I never had a problem with the old seating but if this makes it more comfortable for some then that's a good thing!

John

Since the major refurb, carolinakid, many here just haven't ridden it anymore. the lack of a seat in the new sleds made it painful. I still rode it by leaning forward so I was off my tailbone. Getting up from the flat bottomed sled was difficult at times.

Anyone have pictures?

Have a Disney Day!
    You don't have to walk on water, it's how you walk on land.

I got all excited last night, only the front seat has a seat. The middle and back only have an extra inch of padding on top of the inch that was there to start with. So, if you have trouble getting off thhe flat bottom, ask for a front seat (row 1 or 4). Now, we just need them to do the other seats as well.
    HoM, I tried to get a picture but you can't really tell anything from it.

This is good news! Might be worth trying that ride again.

Team "Club 34" - NOW MASTERS!
    1st place Family in MouseAdventure Ready Player One (Spring 2015)
    2nd place Family in MouseAdventure Card Games: Deuces Wild (Spring 2014)
    1st place Family in MouseAdventure 365 (Fall 2013)
    1st place Family in MouseAdventure Musical (Spring 2013) - top score in all of Basic!

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

i tried to look yesterday afternoon (4pm) but the ride was closed and it was hard to see inside the sleds. I guess by evening they opened again.

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Hopefully my tailbone will able to stand the new padding.

I just rode on Sunday and was greatly reminded if why I never go on this. It beat me up top to bottom no matter if I sat up or not. One new factor, I got completely drenched at the end. Apparently the left side's water was overly full that day and was showering guests. Like, buckets of water on us, lol.

Wow, a real seat? Is it a seat like we have here at WDW in the vehicles for Space Mountain?

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

So is it a seat bottom without.a new back? Or a whole molded seat installed on top of the old one.

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Does the seat come with shiatsu massage devices for the back and neck? Might as well get a head start on what you'll need by the end of the ride.

Working for Disney. No, no. Working (in a Modesto office) for (the money to take a trip to) Disney (World/Land)

WDW Trips: June 2002, Feb 2004, Dec 2006, Dec 2008, Jan 2010, Feb 2011, Dec 2012
    Disneyland Trips: Feb 2006, Nov 2013, Nov 2014, Feb, March, June 2015 (x2), Nov 2015

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandgirl View Post
    I just rode on Sunday and was greatly reminded if why I never go on this. It beat me up top to bottom no matter if I sat up or not. One new factor, I got completely drenched at the end. Apparently the left side's water was overly full that day and was showering guests. Like, buckets of water on us, lol.
    This happened to me while I was there for the Disneyland Half! I was shocked because I wasn't expecting it! I'm glad I wasn't the only one!
    "If you can dream it, you can do it."
    "You can't run from trouble, there ain't no place that far."

Interesting! I've never had a problem with the ride, but I've noticed getting quite wet over the summer on the left side. I hardly ever ride the right side but I did last weekend and it felt much rougher than the left. I've never noticed a lack of seats or the presence of seats - but I do remember how fun it was In the original configuration :-)

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

I got photos of the sleds this weekend. I've been asking around, and can't pinpoint when they made this change. It doesn't look to me like they added a seat to the front row; rather, they removed a floor panel that was flat with the seat.

If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

I could see it as removing the floor panel. Probably just having my feet down helped keep me off my tailbone.

I wonder if they made this change a while ago, as I rode it in June and I thought it didn't seem as bad. Not sure though. DD wanted to ride Saturday, but we were ready to go and the line was a little long (it had been closed earlier that morning). For me it is the jostling around as I try to brace with my arms that is so bad on the ride. We also noticed getting wet in June. It was HOT this weekend though, so it would be a nice touch if they did make it wetter for guests.

I totally would ride it again with seats. I did not even ride it on our last trip December 2013.

Living life to the fullest

http://www.oilyhabit.com/

Thanks AVP for the pictures. I think you are correct, it looks like they removed part of the flooring. It's not like the seats that we have over here in Space Mtn. I am glad though, that they are still trying to improve the seating. It's good to know that they realize some changes and tweaks still need to be made.

GnP

The trick for not getting jerked around in my experience is riding the bob sleds as if you were on.....wait for it........ready......well.....a BOBSLED! Just lean when the car leans as if you are steering it and not only is it less herky-jerky but also more fun and more active....just a little tip....keep in my that I am mad!

My wife and I went on the updated ride in late August with much regret. My kids had never been on it. At 38 years old it is already too much for my neck and back. Never again Matterhorn! I keep thinking in my head that every time they refurbish the ride they are gonna somehow make it smoother but they never do.

Quote Originally Posted by MadasaHatter View Post
    The trick for not getting jerked around in my experience is riding the bob sleds as if you were on.....wait for it........ready......well.....a BOBSLED! Just lean when the car leans as if you are steering it and not only is it less herky-jerky but also more fun and more active....just a little tip....keep in my that I am mad!
    That's a big 10-4!! Mad, I always lean into the curves on the Matterhorn. I'll even call it out to others while on the sled. "Lean Baby, Lean!" It's just so much fun to pretend and race the other bobsled if you happen to come next to them.

GnP