Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Korkis Korner: Ken Anderson's Haunted Mansions, Part One

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff

Korkis Korner: Ken Anderson's Haunted Mansions, Part One

Ken Anderson's Haunted Mansions, Part One by Jim Korkis

Jim looks at the Disney Legend's connection to the attraction.

Read it here!

2. # ADS

Great article! Can't wait to read part 2!

-Dave

"I understood the story of the Haunted Mansion while others kept claiming there was no story in the attraction, just a series of experiences."

I hope you tell me the story in Part 2 because I don't have a clue from Part 1. The result from the various story treatments that you described with great effort is nothing really took hold. They are backstories, which are essential in designing of the set pieces, but did not result in a cohesive story in the attraction itself. So the attraction is just a series of experiences, although they are pretty good in itself.

All I left with is the 999 happy ghosts are looking for 1 remaining person. I'm sure many tried to contribute their ashes.

Nice article, but I do not understand what you mean by: "Next time, look over to your right as you leave tha attic through the window and you will see that the shingles of the roof of the house do not match the ones on the outside of the houses at Disneyland nor Walt Disney World.". What is the significance of the shingles?

Romance @ Disney Goddess
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

I think he means that the shingles on the roof of the house IN the attraction (as you leave the attic and head to the graveyard), are not the same as the shingles you see on the top of the attraction itself

Hakuna Matata
    Parent of a Princess, Disney Cruise Line Community Leader, DL College Program Alum (PM me for info) , and former Disney Store Plush Princess
    There's nothing like listening to "Feed the Birds" while sitting on the steps of St. Paul's.