Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: First Trip to DLP January 2015!

First Trip to DLP January 2015!

So my fiancee and I have booked our honeymoon and we are going to Paris for 3-1/2 days during the trip. We really want to go to Disneyland Paris and would like some advice.

Should we only plan on 1 full day at the resort? Is a park-hopper ticket worth it for a 1 day trip? Or are we better off only going to Disneyland and skipping the Studios?

What are the "Must-Do's" for first timers?

What is the best place to eat? We hope to have a nice dinner on the day we visit.

Any other tips?

Thanks!

MouseAdventure Luau - Ladies & The Tramp - 6th Place
    MouseAdventure Zone - The Squirrel Squad - 5th Place
    MouseAdventure Card Games - The Squirrel Squad - 7th Place

2. # ADS

Congrats on the upcoming wedding and honeymoon!
    I have never been to DLP but we did look into going about five years ago and decided against it at the time because the only time of the year we could get away was January/February and we thought it might be too cold for a theme park resort.

I hope you get some responses it would be interesting to hear what people have to say on the weather.

Thank you!

It is going to be cold, and we have accepted that Just hope it doesn't make it a bad experience. The average high temp is in the mid 40's and lows in the mid 30's. We will be bundled up for sure!

MouseAdventure Luau - Ladies & The Tramp - 6th Place
    MouseAdventure Zone - The Squirrel Squad - 5th Place
    MouseAdventure Card Games - The Squirrel Squad - 7th Place

I've been twice... We spent most of our time at Disneyland and hardly anytime at HS. (Roller coasters and tower of terror). You will spend a lot of time in Disneyland! Plan for that. Not sure about restaurants.

Pirates is themed very well. Big Thundy (when not getting stuck)is good. Haunted Mansion is awesome! Make sure to do Fantasyland! And of course space mountain!

Hope you have a great trip!

I was there 10 years ago, and it was great! Only got to spend one day, so we didn't make it to the Studios.
    One word of advice, if you go to a table service restaurant, do not be in a rush. We did the character dinner in Downtown Disney, and servers really take their time. Normally I don't think I would have minded, but we only had two days in Paris, and the first one was at Disney, and we were at dinner until really late! Then we had to get up early, and tackle the city.

Visit History: Disneyland: 1976, 1979, 1981, 1984, 1987, 1989, 1990, 1996, & July 2016
    Walt Disney World: Aug 2003 & Aug 2008
    Tokyo Disneyland: May 90 & Feb 92
    Disneyland Paris: Nov 04

Check out my Mickey Mouse collection at Jerm's House Of Mouse