Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: AP Party, 9/02

AP Party, 9/02

This sounds like fun. Hoping it will be more organized than the earlier events, since Disney has had more experience with this by now. Who's planning on going?

2. # ADS

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

For those wondering what she's talking about, here's the info that will be in this week's Update. Some passholders have already received the invitation postcard, and the information is on the AP website if you know where to look.

If your Disneyland Resort annual passport expires between October 1 and December 5, 2014, be on the lookout for an invitation to a special annual passholder event at Disney California Adventure. This special event is targeted at passholders with soon-to-expire passes, and is the third renewal event in a series designed to improve passholder renewal and retention rates in a year where there's very little new happening at the Disneyland Resort.

The after-hours event on Tuesday, September 2 has a retro theme, and passholders are encouraged to wear "dapper duds from the 1940s through the throwback threads of the 1980s." The "special offerings, surprises and experiences" for this event include an 80's band in Paradise Pier, a 40's dance party with a live swing band, and character meet-and-greet opportunities.

If your pass expires during the target window, visit the Annual Passholder website starting August 20 at 10 .m. Pacific to register for the event. Eligible passholders can invite up to 5 annual passholder guests, and those guests need not have passes that expire during the same October 1 through December 5 window. Be prepared with the names and pass numbers of your guests, as you'll likely be required to provide those during the registration process. Registration closes August 30, 2014.

My pass renewal falls just after the cutoff for this, so I'm checking with friends to see who falls in this window. I've been fortunate to attend the first two events so far this year.
    If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

Ooh, I fall in that window. Sounds fun! Slightly ripping off Dapper Day, but I'm still interested in going :-)

We would love to see you (and your outfit!) there! Let us know if you'll be attending.

And thank you, AVP, for the clarification. We're usually in the last group to receive mailings and announcements from Disney, so I assumed other people had already received their invites.

Headless Chicken - Ball & Chain rakkwhite's Avatar

I tried registering at 10:17 a.m. today, August 20th, and the website said "Registration for all events is currently closed". Does this mean the event is full, or the website is overwhelmed and shut down?

Really frustrating, isn't it? I've been refreshing and retrying since 10am with no luck. Looks like the registration link is wonky. Sigh....

Other people have posted about the same problem.

Last edited by tea4two; 08-20-2014 at 10:03 AM.

Finally got through (took well over an hour). Others have reported the same experience. The site is just overloaded. Keep trying and be ready with all your info as soon as you get to register. Good luck!

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

I'm going, but it took FOREVER for my friend to register our group. No idea what was going on with the site.

If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

Someone on another board said that she got through on the phone, and the CM said that the registration page was absolutely jammed all morning. It seems to be all right now, but, yes, FOREVER is a good description for what happened this morning.

Wow, if these are the logistical problems registering this quarter it makes me wonder (1) just how big the turnout will be and (2) what the next period will be as it was my general sense that Christmas/after Christmas was a popular time for AP gifting. Our passes currently expire in mid-December, as we are trapped into buying vouchers at a discount that must be activated by the end of the year, so we are just past the cutoff for this period.

Quote Originally Posted by currence View Post
    Wow, if these are the logistical problems registering this quarter it makes me wonder (1) just how big the turnout will be and (2) what the next period will be as it was my general sense that Christmas/after Christmas was a popular time for AP gifting. Our passes currently expire in mid-December, as we are trapped into buying vouchers at a discount that must be activated by the end of the year, so we are just past the cutoff for this period.
    Our APs expire Dec 12 and we got the invite for this event. I was surprised to see it in our mail last weekend.

Does anyone know if all the rides will be open during the event? ie Radiator Springs...

Did anyone go to the AP renewal event?

I want to know what to expect at the event if anyone went?
    Mine is next Tuesday and I haven't decided to go or not.
    What happens there, what can you do, etc

Anybody going to this? I'm registered, but I'm wondering what the crowds will be like. I'm not sure it will be worth the drive after work from West LA.

I noticed that registration for this event closed several days ago. Is that normal so that Disney can have a few days to compile the list of registered guests or does that mean that this event is at full capacity? Hmmmmm...

I registered on Friday I think and was able to get in.

Are rides open during this?

Yes, rides are open. But, as stated below on the event webpage, the list of available rides can change and there is no guarantee that all lines will be short.

Information and event elements, such as locations, product and service offerings, and select attractions are subject to capacity, scheduled park events, change or cancellation without notice and other restrictions.
    The event does not guarantee access to any attraction or location and may involve long wait periods.
    Information and event details are subject to restrictions, change and cancellation without notice.

Can't make it after all, bummer. Hope everyone who goes has a great time! Report back so we can live vicariously :-)

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I think that its great that DLAND has learned from previous parties and provided more structure, and a small parting gift (but they can't put one in a magazine ;-) ). I wish they had thought this through before the 1st party - which I was eligible for. Bummer for me - yay for the rest of y'all.

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

It wasn't very crowded. Sample: we waited about 15-20 minutes in single rider for RSR, and a similar wait for ToT.

The lovely parting gift was a pair of really cheap sunglasses.

Lots of people in lines for character meets. Several light projections of AP messages of thanks.

I wanted to see the Oswald cartoons, but the others in our party didn't, so I was disappointed that I didn't see these.

Reluctant Runner
    1st Place Advanced: Ready Player One, Spring 2015 =====Now Masters=====
    2nd Place Advanced: Sugar Rush, Fall 2014
    1st Place Basic: Deuces Wild, Spring 2014
    1st Place Basic: Mouseadventure 365, Fall 2013

I did not attend this event but my last pair of free sunglasses from Disneyland were given to AP holders at innoventions ages ago and lasted quite a long time. Now I want to see if I can make the next event (assuming of course that there is a next event)

WHEN YOU WISH UPON A STAR..... MKY4ME's Avatar

AP Party, 9/02

Funny aside I keep getting letters cards etx to renew my annual pass which since I am. CM have not needed for 7 years however Tracy has his own premium pass and he had not received any party invites etc and he expires this month
    Crazy

You reach a point where you don't work for money.
    Walt Disney

AKA mrs motomickey

We had a nice evening. Checked in around 4:30pm without any lines or hiccups. Studied the event map over a leisurely dinner at CCR. Then hit Ghirardelli's for dessert and danced it off to Swingtown by the TOT. (Oh my, is that concrete hard on the legs! At least the concrete at PFF is smooth.) Had a 5 min. wait for CS and a 20 min. wait for RSR. Lovely weather and lots of smiling CMs. Received some nice comments on our retro outfits. The sunglasses will go to friends overseas (the kids will be excited -- ooooh! exotic sunglasses from Disneyland!). Overall a relaxing, fun time.

Some info for future events like this: we met a friend who had not received an invitation, but had heard about the event. She called the AP hotline to ask why she hadn't received anything (her AP was going to expire within the stated time frame), and the CM mailed her an invite. So try calling if nothing shows up in the mail for next time.

Quote Originally Posted by tea4two View Post
    Some info for future events like this: we met a friend who had not received an invitation, but had heard about the event. She called the AP hotline to ask why she hadn't received anything (her AP was going to expire within the stated time frame), and the CM mailed her an invite. So try calling if nothing shows up in the mail for next time.
    Oooh, thanks for the hint. We'll be eligible for the next event and now I know what to do if the magical invitation doesn't arrive.
    Team "Club 34" - NOW MASTERS!
    1st place Family in MouseAdventure Ready Player One (Spring 2015)
    2nd place Family in MouseAdventure Card Games: Deuces Wild (Spring 2014)
    1st place Family in MouseAdventure 365 (Fall 2013)
    1st place Family in MouseAdventure Musical (Spring 2013) - top score in all of Basic!