Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Logistics with Premier Pass and Fast Pass +?

Logistics with Premier Pass and Fast Pass +?

I'm taking a hiatus from having a DLAP, and am planning a trip to WDW for October 2015. I just booked the hotel as a room only. I was planning on purchasing a Premier AP just before the trip (activating early October) so it would be good through September 2016 . Am I understanding correctly that I need ticket media in addition to the resort to book FP+ 60 days out? Is there such a thing as a Premier "voucher" that I can add to my account? I don't mind buying the pass earlier, I just don't want to activate it.

2. # ADS

You can't purchase the Premier Passport online. One way around your situation would be to purchase the WDW annual passport, allowing you to book your FP+, then upgrade to the Premier when you get to the parks.

Quote Originally Posted by stan4d_steph View Post
    You can't purchase the Premier Passport online. One way around your situation would be to purchase the WDW annual passport, allowing you to book your FP+, then upgrade to the Premier when you get to the parks.
    I didn't even think of that! For some reason I was just thinking of going to Disneyland in person to do it and then not go into the parks. That would actually solve my problem though and spread the cost a little. Plus I wouldn't have any of the issues with my DME account if I waited until I got back to DL to do the upgrade. Hmmmm.

Does it matter that my sister (on the same reservation) will have a different type of ticket? She will probably get a 7day PH.

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

You can have different types of tickets for each person. And I'm going to do exactly what Steph described (WDW Voucher, now, upgrade to premiere on site) since I don't have the option of just going toDL to get one.

Cathy

I have a voucher for my Premier pass and I will look at it again when I get home, but I don't think that there is anyway to add it to my account.

For our trip, we have a package with a one-day ticket so my plan (hope) is to use that to make the FP+ reservations and then link the AP to it once it is obtained. I spoke with customer service who said that the one-day ticket will, essentially, live on my Magic Band/account until it is used, but that there is a way to add the annual pass to the Magic Band AND to give it a higher priority so that it would be used before the one-day ticket. I feel multiple phone calls and one or more trips to customer service are in my future as the trip approaches.

Blog Entries

Where did you get a voucher for a Premier? I didn't think they had those available anywhere?!

Cathy

I don't know if they are still selling them, but they did for at least a period of time earlier this year when they put that pass on sale for DVC members.

Blog Entries

Ah, the DVC Premier thing - I think I do recall something special about that. Thanks.

Cathy

Wouldn't the 1 day ticket only allow 1 day of FP's to be booked?

We bought DVC passes, but our oldest won't be going multiple trips, so we bought him a 7 day that we were going to upgrade to a 10 day when we get there. MDE will not let us book days 8, 9 and 10 because the ticket will only allow booking 7 days. He is listed on the reservations as staying on site for all 14 days, but his ticket limits the FP's.

DL ~ June 1981 ~ March 2000 ~ Oct/Nov 2001 ~ March 2006 ~ Oct/Nov 2007 ~ March 2009 ~ Sept 2010 ~ March 2011 ~ Sept 2011 ~ Sept 2012 ~ Sept 2013 ~ Sept 2015 ~ Aug/Sept 2016
    WDW ~ March 2005 ~ Sept 2009 ~ Aug//Sept 2014
    DVC MEMBER since March 2011
    Next trip: WDW August 20-Sept 4

Quote Originally Posted by jsilkey View Post
    Wouldn't the 1 day ticket only allow 1 day of FP's to be booked?

We bought DVC passes, but our oldest won't be going multiple trips, so we bought him a 7 day that we were going to upgrade to a 10 day when we get there. MDE will not let us book days 8, 9 and 10 because the ticket will only allow booking 7 days. He is listed on the reservations as staying on site for all 14 days, but his ticket limits the FP's.
    Hmm, that's a good point. This just became that much more complicated.

I can confirm, having just gone through it, that you can't currently get the Premier pass anywhere but at the parks. I was told that I could get it at any ticket booth, but the Epcot booths couldn't print one. So they made me buy a regular AP, and then told me to upgrade it once I was inside the park. This worked OK, but was something of a hassle. I guess you should start at a ticket booth and then go from there. As to what that does to your ability to book FP+'s, I don't know, as I didn't even try to book till I had the Premier.

The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

As of 2 months ago, you could not attach a Premier voucher as valid ticket media. We had to take our Premier vouchers to a ticket booth in Anaheim and have them converted to actual annual passes. We were in the same scenario of not wanting our pasess activated until we were actually on our trip. Many ticket booth CM's will tell you this cant be done. Be persistent. They need to find a senior CM who knows how to manipulate the system and put in a future start date.

BAZINGA!!!

The only thing I love more than Disney, is my family.

I was just at WDW beginning of August. I bought the Premium Annual pass which they sent me a voucher for and activated on my account. I was able to make as many FP+ selections as I wanted. When I got to the park, I upgraded at guest services (I was at AK), to the Premier pass, they transferred over all my FP+ etc... My friend had a regular 5 day park ticket and I got her all her FPs as well. The annoying thing was not knowing which day she would take a 'break' on and only being able to set up 5 days of FPs for her. Instead of setting up 6 and cancelling one when we decided to not go whatever day. You will also have to activate the card at Disneyland when you get back from your trip as well (however parking will tend to let you by). What was very frustrating at Disneyland was that they told me it would take 24 hrs for the pass to activate because of some linking between the two sets of machines. SOOO they gave me a comp. pass to get in and use for FPs at Disneyland that day, but I was not able to get my AP discount for food (luckily a nice Cast member helped me out any ways on the food discount).

The nice thing about buying the Premium pass then upgrading was that I didn't have that full $1000+ on one credit card statement, but $600 & and $400 on separate statements.