Thread: Team MousePlanet: A Kiss for Luck on Main Street

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff

Team MousePlanet: A Kiss for Luck on Main Street

A Kiss for Luck on Main Street by Lorree Tachell

Lorree Tachell offers ideas for how to support your runDisney athlete

Read it here!

2. # ADS

More power to the folks who get in shape or stay in shape in the many ways that are fun and challenging. Here's hoping every runner stays injury-free and ahead of the sweepers and has a wonderful time. I also hope they get their oarking and t-shirts and medals and race-related merch with as little hassle as possible.
    And, speaking as a track & field/runner since middle school, when I go to Disney, I'm on vacation. I can run for free at home, I can run for charity at home and save hundreds, if not thousands, in expenses. To each his or her own. I just don't get it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MyTwoCents View Post
    And, speaking as a track & field/runner since middle school, when I go to Disney, I'm on vacation. I can run for free at home, I can run for charity at home and save hundreds, if not thousands, in expenses.To each his or her own. I just don't get it.
    My family started with the runDisney runs because my daughter wanted to run in Disneyland and to support a MPer's son. It also fun to see all our friends run. We come out to support one another. (And I appreciate all the team mates who are there for my daughters and son.)

We have grown from my daughter running, to both daughters and my mom, and now both daughters, one son, my mom, 3 of my sisters, 2 nephews, and 1 niece.
    Planning 3 trips at once...

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If you are going to be 'meeting up' with your participants in a crowded area, if you're carrying a balloon, so it can be seen easier from a distance, it can help.

Cathy

Love this article and will forward it to my hubby.

Contributing Writer RunningFool's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    And, speaking as a track & field/runner since middle school, when I go to Disney, I'm on vacation. I can run for free at home, I can run for charity at home and save hundreds, if not thousands, in expenses. To each his or her own. I just don't get it.
    Not everyone gets it and that's ok. I personally find something magical in running through the parks that keeps me coming back (plus let's be honest, the bling is awesome). There is also a 'family' vibe that you don't get at other races such as Rock n Roll. I run a lot of runs every year and the runDisney events are always the highlight of my year.
    RunningFool

Next non-Disney short distance event: Good question...
    Next non-Disney Half: TBD
    Next runDisney event: W&D Two Course Challenge & 5k

Registered User fairestoneofall's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    More power to the folks who get in shape or stay in shape in the many ways that are fun and challenging. Here's hoping every runner stays injury-free and ahead of the sweepers and has a wonderful time. I also hope they get their oarking and t-shirts and medals and race-related merch with as little hassle as possible.
    It's not for everyone, and that's fine. Although it is for thousands, which is why they sell out so quickly.

The expenses are there whether you go on a race weekend or not. The benefit of running for a charity is that in some cases you can get your race entry paid for in exchange for your fundraising commitment. So, it doesn't have to add more in expenses. I personally run for charity at every single west coast runDisney event. Why? My charity raises money for my son's muscle disease clinic at Rady Children's Hospital in San Diego. They treat children with muscular dystrophy and other neuromuscular diseases like ALS. I have personally never seen a bill for that clinic. Yeah, I'll continue to run for charity.

But, you're right, to each their own.
    If you can dream it, you can do it. ~Walt Disney

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    So you read an article about how to support people who run in Disney races just so you could comment that you don't understand people who run in Disney races? Color me confused.
    Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...