Thread: Save the Date - MouseAdventure Sugar Rush! Sunday, October 26, 2014

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

Save the Date - MouseAdventure Sugar Rush! Sunday, October 26, 2014

Save the Date!

Are you ready for another Adventure in 2014? Mark your calendars and save the date for our fall event:

MouseAdventure Sugar Rush
    Fall 2014 Disneyland Resort

Sunday, October 26, 2014

Additional details will be included in a future Newsletter, but the contracts are signed and the date is official.

Start making your plans now to join us as we whip up a batch of sweet challenges.
    Are you ready for a RUSH?

If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

2. # ADS

Fighting the urge to wear my full Sugar Rush costume.... Must. Fight. Urge.Day4_Group.jpg

So excited!!!

Blog Entries

Don't fight the urge! DOOO EEEEET!

We've got our hotel booked & I'm doing a happy dance at my desk. SO EXCITED!

Team Happy Place - Winners Spring 2009 MouseAdventure: Trains, Trams & Monorails
    Would rather be looking at the back side of water...
    Everything in life is only for now.
    Nope - it never ends.

Team MousePlanet
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

Obviously a hook into the fact it's right before Halloween, time for collecting candy!

MousePlanet Staff Copy Editor. Keep calm and carry on! Learn how you can travel with just your carry-ons, at my Travelite FAQ! Go Team MousePlanet! My dream came true! I qualified for the 2016 Boston Marathon. Required finish time: 4:00. My BQ time: 3:54:48! All-time marathons completed: 11; halfs: 45.

We've been hoping the fall event would be before youngest's birthday so we could squeeze in one more event in the Family division.
    His bday is the 27th!

Bummer! I saw last year's was the last weekend in Sept which is when we have a trip scheduled. I was hoping it would be the same so we could go.

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yippee, Jodi!

Cathy

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

So this is themed to Wreck-It Ralph? I love this song - the CD is actually in my car. I've been meaning to ask Lani if she's heard it and can tell me what they're actually singing.

Shortpix77 - You should totally do the outfit again! I saw a few amazing ones at the last D23 Expo, and last year at Mickey's Halloween Party, there was a spot-on Calhoun.

Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Woohoo!! Love it! I think my whole team can make it this time. Yipee!!

Love the costumes Shortpix77. I agree...don't fight the urge!

Tricia: Member of the ORIGINAL Oswald Returns.

Quote Originally Posted by gfy4dland View Post
    Love the costumes Shortpix77. I agree...don't fight the urge!
    Thanks! If I wasn't worried about not being let into the park, I'd totally do it... perhaps a toned-down version could work...

Blog Entries

Might we soon find out when sign-ups are going to be?

Team Happy Place - Winners Spring 2009 MouseAdventure: Trains, Trams & Monorails
    Nope - it never ends.

Usually it's a month in advance.*

*past performance does not indicate future results

This is about the time I really start feeling MA withdrawals

Quote Originally Posted by Granola View Post
    This is about the time I really start feeling MA withdrawals
    LOL. I pulled out 2 of our old game packets today just to sooth the cravings...
    Team "Club 34" - NOW MASTERS!
    1st place Family in MouseAdventure Ready Player One (Spring 2015)
    2nd place Family in MouseAdventure Card Games: Deuces Wild (Spring 2014)
    1st place Family in MouseAdventure 365 (Fall 2013)
    1st place Family in MouseAdventure Musical (Spring 2013) - top score in all of Basic!

Looking for a warm up for Mouse Adventure? Come on down to San Diego and play Puzzle Pursuit:Time Machine, a great charity fundraising event. It's this coming Saturday, Sept. 20th, so get your team together and sign up today. Check www.puzzle-pursuit.com for details. Hope to see you there and will see you in October for Mouse Adventure.

------------------------------------------
    The Entrapment: A thrilling, escape room experience
    http://www.theentrapment.com

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

If you are registered for the MouseAdventure Newsletter, (and don't use Earthlink or Hotmail or some other wonky ISP), you just received this in your e-mail earlier today.

MouseAdventure Sugar Rush!

MouseAdventure Sugar Rush will have teams literally racing through quests to be the first to reach the finish line, following a game style based on our mad scramble format. This format requires teams to correctly solve one quest before starting another.

So, get your team together, tune up your racing skills and get ready for a MouseAdventure that is sure to be NUTS!

Whether you've played every game since 2000 or are forming a team for your very first Adventure, there's a division that will suit you just right! More information about MouseAdventure can be found at www.mouseadventure.com.

Basic Division
    October 26, 2014
    Disney California Adventure Park, and Disneyland Resort Esplanade

MouseAdventure Sugar Rush will put you through a series of quests and challenges to be solved throughout Disney California Adventure, and the Disneyland Resort Esplanade.

Registration for the Basic Division is $165 per team, and includes admission to the post-event Award Ceremony. Each player will need admission to Disney California Adventure on Sunday, October 26. MouseAdventure registration does not include theme park admission.

Advanced Division
    October 26, 2014
    Disney California Adventure Park, and Disneyland Resort Esplanade

If you crave even more of a challenge, register for the Advanced division and try your hand at all of the Basic Division quests many at a more difficult level plus a second "lap" of quests!

Registration for the Advanced Division is $165 per team, and includes admission to the post-event Award Ceremony. Each player will need admission to Disney California Adventure on Sunday, October 26. MouseAdventure registration does not include theme park admission.

Be Prepared!

MouseAdventure registration does not include theme park admission. All registrations are final. Registration is strictly limited by the capacity of the event venue, and teams may not change divisions or add players after registration closes. Once we are fully registered, we cannot make special exceptions or extend registration. There is no waiting list for this event.

Your MouseAdventure team must consist of at least two players and no more than four players. Some people like having four brains on their team; some teams work better with just two or three players. It is up to you to decide whether you want 2, 3, or 4 people on your team, but there are often advantages for larger teams.

MouseAdventure events can sell out very quickly, so you'll want to have your team's details before registration opens:

• Pick a team captain who will be responsible for registering your team. Don't assume your teammate is going to register for your team!
    • Decide on a team name. (optional, but if you are going to have a team name, you must provide it during registration)
    • Be sure to have the first name, last name, and email address for each member of your team. This is a really good time to add mouseadventure@mouseplanet.com to your e-mail client's approved sender list. (If you use Earthlink or Hotmail, we can not guarantee that you will receive event-related e-mail from MouseAdventure. We STRONGLY encourge players with Earthlink or Hotmail accounts to register for another e-mail address [GMail is free, and works just fine] to ensure you receive all of the messages from MouseAdventure.)
    • Names for personalized buttons (optional)

Registration

Registration for all divisions will open at 9am Pacific Time on Tuesday, September 30 online at www.mouseadventure.com.

Registration will close on October 17, or whenever the division sells out. Space for each division is extremely limited. Players must be at least 6 years of age and one player on each team must be at least 18 years of age.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

Woohoo!!

Will there be discount tickets this year?

I am very excited....my good friend and neighbor would like to play MouseAdventure. Her two sons and my DD(14) are planning to play too, making a team of four. They decided they would like to be called L.O.V.E. M.U.F.F.I.N, however I thought I recalled a team with that name in the past. I wanted to check if there was a team that had used it, and plans to again, as I don't want to "steal" anyone's beloved name. Thanks!

I don't specifically recall that name, but I think you could see all of the past team names by looking at the results that are posted online?

We are getting quite a few teams asking, so we thought we would post this here:

Teams will only receive quests during the course of event play. Teams will not be able to collect quests they did not attempt after the event.

MouseAdventure - You ride rides?

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

Also:

The link to purchase discounted tickets will be in the registration confirmation e-mail sent to the TEAM CAPTAIN immediately after registration. We will also include it in a MouseAdventure Player newsletter before the event, but Disney has asked that we NOT post the link on MousePad.

Therefore, IF you are looking to purchase discounted tickets for this event, ASK YOUR TEAM CAPTAIN for the link. ;o)

AVP

Quote Originally Posted by currence View Post
    I don't specifically recall that name, but I think you could see all of the past team names by looking at the results that are posted online?
    I see a team with the name L.O.V.E. M.U.F.F.I.N.S. back in MA Zone in Fall of 2011. I will assume they haven't been playing in the last three years or have since changed their name (unless they post otherwise before 9:00 a.m. tomorrow morning).

Blog Entries

Woohoo! Team Happy Place is in!

Nope - it never ends.

All registered as Basic Team #14!

We're Lazos, We're Late!
    Consisting of... Nikara, Ignacio, Chris, and Bethany

Previously known as Beware the Groove.

2015: Star Wars 10k + Avengers 10k
    2016: Star Wars 10k, Paris Half and 5k, Avengers Half
    2017: Star Wars Light Side Half, Star Wars Dark Side Half, Paris Half and 10k, Avengers 10k
    MouseAdventure Addict- Usually "Beware the Groove"