Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone doing Weight Watchers?

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

My goal size is what many women think is their fat size. I think I'm going to go back to meetings after Mardi Gras.

Cathy

2. # ADS

Quote Originally Posted by Drince88 View Post
    My goal size is what many women think is their fat size. I think I'm going to go back to meetings after Mardi Gras.
    Me, too. I tell myself it's because I'm tall.
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world... Those who know binary and those who don't.

Anyone doing Weight Watchers?

I am in a head space where I think being honest with myself is totally important if I am to get to goal so when we have people new at group whose starting weight is the same as mine now or thereabouts and they moan about being fat I don't feel hurt by it I feel spurred on. Because frankly they are correct. They are unhealthily big and so am I. Still. I realise I haven't looked properly in a full length mirror for over three years. That's like lying to myself every day. Those people who say they are fat who are the same size as me are not trying to hurt me they are just been honest from their perceptive and from that of a mirror. For me I'm finding that helpful not hurtful. It doesn't mean I'm not feeling really proud of how far I've got I am. That said I've had a rubbish week....... Will be lucky not to gain.

If no-one out there understands, start your own revolution and cut out the middle man (Billy Bragg)

My appropriate BMI weight is some people's "fat" weight. But nothing will change that.

I've exercised well lately, but I've not been eating well. So I know what I have to do.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world... Those who know binary and those who don't.

Yes BMI is useful as a meaningful comparator. I was interested in what a difference height makes.

If no-one out there understands, start your own revolution and cut out the middle man (Billy Bragg)

Not that I'm particularly tall ha ha! I'm 5 foot 5 1/2 inches.

Because of the height, I'll be overweight under the BMI guidelines and no one will think I'm fat. I had someone compliment me this weekend and I have as much weight to lose as I ever have.

It's a treasure-we found it together
    MousePad Subscriber

I'm back on WW too. Any go to foods in DL that tastes decent?

Why do people go on The Amazing Race without bothering to learn how to drive a stick shift?

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid View Post
    I'm back on WW too. Any go to foods in DL that tastes decent?
    Not a food specific strategy but Doc and I found ourselves doing a lot of food sharing at WDW. One day we split a bratwurst sandwich in Germany thinking "then we'll split something else later when we're hungry" and... we weren't hungry later. So I'm big right now on eating lots of smaller bites throughout the day to keep from getting hungry. Also: Pack your own low-point or point-free snacks to fill between the higher point foods at the parks. We did our own breakfasts in our room at WDW and had bananas on hand. Eat a piece of fruit and/or drink a glass of water before you sit down to eat so you'll be fuller on less food.
    Parenting in the Parks[/url]
    Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% what you do with what happens to you.[/b]
    "You should do totally do this thing, but just remember, it's going to suck eggs" #ThingsMyFriendsSayToMe

Maybe it's time to update our article, adriennek!

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

My sister and I have sometimes split a kids meal as a snack to get some protein - and with them coming with decent 'sides' now - that's a nice option.
    Also do they still have the kids power pack with yogurt and a couple other protein-y things.

Cathy

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stan4d_steph View Post
    Maybe it's time to update our article, adriennek!
    HOW was that 9 years ago?????
    Parenting in the Parks[/url]
    Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% what you do with what happens to you.[/b]
    "You should do totally do this thing, but just remember, it's going to suck eggs" #ThingsMyFriendsSayToMe

It's a treasure-we found it together
    MousePad Subscriber

Good idea about eating fruit ahead of time. I am hoping to stay strong and have fruit for snacks most of the time. I'll splurge once or twice, but I want to be as good as possible the rest of the time. We went to the Pro Bowl this weekend and I thought I was decent, but I was up, and up more than I thought. But to be honest, the Pro Bowl was a misstep in weeks of missteps.

Drince- those power packs are totally in my radar for my kids, I think they'd love it and it's enough for a lunch for them. Never considered it as a healthy snack for me. Great idea!!

Why do people go on The Amazing Race without bothering to learn how to drive a stick shift?

Eating healthily at WDW is going to be a challenge having reviewed the menus. We have free dining for 15 days too so I am pretty concerned about how I will manage......

Yeah, add being vegetarian on top of that and you'll feel my pain. It's tough to manage WW and a veg diet at WDW. I brought some low point snacks in with me and used my best judgement for the rest.

Apples are my favorite healthy thing. I eat two or so a day. Filling and healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by adriennek View Post
    HOW was that 9 years ago?????
    It really doesn't seem that long ago.

Only lost 1lb this week. Disappointed but not a gain I suppose.....

Down 1.6 today but this week is going to be a tough one.

1.6 is great well done

I lost 2lb this week. Should be in the 11's next week.

Great job!!!!!
    I was down 1.4 this week. Hoping to repeat that loss next week!

Well done

I finally lost this week. Down three pounds. Finally!

Wow 3lb in a week is magnificent! I've only managed that three times in six months well done