Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Animal Kingdom to Downtown Disney?

Animal Kingdom to Downtown Disney?

Is there a bus from AK to DTD?

Kathy

Beach Club 16 stays
    Boardwalk 1 Stay
    Yacht Club 1Stay

2. # ADS

I did some nosing around, and I can't find anything specific about that route. At worst you can take a bus from AK to any hotel and then pick up the DTD bus from there.

The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

There wasn't a couple of years ago. The CM we asked said that there were no direct buses to or from any park and DTD. If I remember correctly it was to keep people from parking there for free(?) and taking the buses. We were staying at POFQ so just took the bus there and then the boat to DTD, easy but a direct bus would have been nice and faster.

Read Everything-Assume Nothing GusMan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If there is not a direct bus (and there are supposedly talks that there are now - though I did not see any last month) from AK, take the SSR bus. Get off at the Congress Park stop, which I believe is the 4th stop. Its a 5 min walk from there. Its probably the fastest way instead of waiting for other buses, etc...

Disney-Inspired Author and Blogger
    CoHost of the Behind The Ears Podcast... Check it out on iTunes
    Admin of The WDW Community Facebook page.

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!

Read Everything-Assume Nothing GusMan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Thats funny, Joey. Hope people see on that site that it says specifically that it "was made for fun."

Disney-Inspired Author and Blogger
    CoHost of the Behind The Ears Podcast... Check it out on iTunes
    Admin of The WDW Community Facebook page.

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!

Quote Originally Posted by GusMan View Post
    Thats funny, Joey. Hope people see on that site that it says specifically that it "was made for fun."
    lol I totally have 1 laminated on my office wall...but I want to order the big one on canvas for my house...
    Joey

Ooh want

If no-one out there understands, start your own revolution and cut out the middle man (Billy Bragg)

Quote Originally Posted by dawz1026 View Post
    Is there a bus from AK to DTD?
    There was a trial period in fall 2013 where they had direct buses from Animal Kingdom to Downtown Disney. It's not currently running at this time.

I second the recommendation to take the Saratoga Springs bus then get off at Congress Park and walk. This will be much shorter when the pedestrian bridge is completed, but it's not a long walk for anyone without health issues. If you can't do this, you can take a bus to Animal Kingdom Lodge (nearest resort), then transfer to a Downtown Disney bus there.

Out of this world for Disney DwarfPlanet's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It's now my new desktop
    "Although we think it's DOPEY that Pluto has been downgraded to a dwarf planet, which has made some people GRUMPY and others just SLEEPY, we are not BASHFUL in saying we would be HAPPY if Disney's Pluto would join us as an 8th dwarf. We think this is just what the DOC ordered and is nothing to SNEEZE at."

Lovin the map//

Kathy

Beach Club 16 stays
    Boardwalk 1 Stay
    Yacht Club 1Stay

Quote Originally Posted by dawz1026 View Post
    Lovin the map//
    One of these days I will spring for the large canvas print. It's awesome...
    Joey

Quote Originally Posted by stan4d_steph View Post
    There was a trial period in fall 2013 where they had direct buses from Animal Kingdom to Downtown Disney. It's not currently running at this time.

I second the recommendation to take the Saratoga Springs bus then get off at Congress Park and walk. This will be much shorter when the pedestrian bridge is completed, but it's not a long walk for anyone without health issues. If you can't do this, you can take a bus to Animal Kingdom Lodge (nearest resort), then transfer to a Downtown Disney bus there.
    If that walk isn't doable, you might want to reconsider travelling to Animal Kingdom in the first place.

Just did this yesterday. We had just missed the SSR bus, so took the waiting OKW bus. Easy transfer and fairly quick, all things considered.

DL ~ June 1981 ~ March 2000 ~ Oct/Nov 2001 ~ March 2006 ~ Oct/Nov 2007 ~ March 2009 ~ Sept 2010 ~ March 2011 ~ Sept 2011 ~ Sept 2012 ~ Sept 2013 ~ Sept 2015 ~ Aug/Sept 2016
    WDW ~ March 2005 ~ Sept 2009 ~ Aug//Sept 2014
    DVC MEMBER since March 2011
    Next trip: WDW August 20-Sept 4