Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Had anyone rented a vacation house near Disneyland?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Had anyone rented a vacation house near Disneyland?

We are planning a trip with our family of 5 plus extended family for June 2015
    This will be about our 10th trip but will have been 3 yrs since our last
    Seems like hotel rates have gone up SO much! We've typically stayed at. Hojo

So I've been looking at houses on VRBO. We've used VRBO before.
    Just wondering if anyone has rented a house they could recommend and if it was truly walking distance?

We don't rent a car typically

Thanks.... I haven't posted here in a while

NVmom

How many people are you looking to house? We rented one 4 years ago that was walking distance. It's behind BW Stovall across from the convention center vendor access area. We had 20 people though. It's 6 bedrooms/5 baths with a pool.

There are a couple, I saw online, awhile back, that would be walkable to Mickey and Friends as they sit behind the garage and hotel.

Friends of mine rented a home two blocks from the parking structures near the Disneyland Hotel. They said is was an easy walk to the structure and then they took the shuttle to the park. They were trying to find more information on the place buy could not find it (sorry I could not be more helpful).

Can they give you the address? Then you could do a Google Maps, selecting the pedestrian feature.

I know someone who rented a place on South Walnut St. Airbnb seems to have a lot of condos listed for that area.

Quote Originally Posted by josephfive View Post
    Can they give you the address? Then you could do a Google Maps, selecting the pedestrian feature.
    No they could not find the address either.

My friends found the house on FRBO - for rental by owner website.

Quote Originally Posted by jmorgan View Post
    My friends found the house on FRBO - for rental by owner website.
    I think it's VRBO...

We rented one 4 years ago that was walking distance. It's behind BW Stovall across from the convention center vendor access area. We had 20 people though. It's 6 bedrooms/5 baths with a pool.
    Oh wow... that would be really perfect actually if it's truly a reasonable walking distance.
    Do you have more info on this place?

Thank you all for you responses. My apologies that it took so long to get back here.

nvmom

http://www.vrbo.com/263821ha

I think They have 2 homes next to each other so this ad includes both properties. We had 6 bedrooms and 5 baths I think. It is definitely walkable (we did with 10 kids in tow). I think the address is 1863 S. west st

We rented not even close (30 minutes) but big enough to hold 20 people and fabulous views.

We have often stayed near there and always walked. S. West st turns into Disneyland Dr when you cross Katella. You just walk up until you get to the Grand California and cut through the lobby and into Downtown Disney. Probably about 15 minutes with kids.

Oh wow. Thanks... maybe I can make a walking distance house work for a larger group of 25+

We rented a three bedroom condo within walking distance to the Mickey and Friends parking. We walked and took the shuttle most days. This was in July and it was hot, but a close walk wasn't too bad. We had nine of us and it was fine. Reasonably priced. We just googled vacation rentals. The people we rented from have several condos they rent out. There was a pool and air conditioning.

Gramiangel420