Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Best way to get to Disneyland itself from SNA

Best way to get to Disneyland itself from SNA

I didn't see anything recent about best/ best for the price rides from John Wayne directly to Disneyland itself. Do the " official" Disney busses take you to the park or somewhere else? Disneyland hotel? Where is the transportation center?

Thanks

LL

-I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way-

2. # ADS

There is no transportation center or official transportation from any airport. The Disneyland express is ran by Greyhound I think. It takes you to your hotel (onsite or offsite) for a fee.

The taxis charge a flat rate.

Team MousePlanet
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

Which is a good deal depends on how many people in your party. If you have a family, a cab ride might be cheaper.

Also, keep in mind the shuttle bus doesn't run late at night.

MousePlanet Staff Copy Editor. Keep calm and carry on! Learn how you can travel with just your carry-ons, at my Travelite FAQ! Go Team MousePlanet! My dream came true! I qualified for the 2016 Boston Marathon. Required finish time: 4:00. My BQ time: 3:54:48! All-time marathons completed: 11; halfs: 45.

Quote Originally Posted by 3Princesses1Prince View Post
    There is no transportation center or official transportation from any airport. The Disneyland express is ran by Greyhound I think. It takes you to your hotel (onsite or offsite) for a fee.
    The Disneyland Express is run by Gray Line, not Greyhound.

You could take it to the Disneyland Hotel and then walk from there to the park. I agree with Lani; best price depends on the size of your party. A cab from SNA might be a better deal if you have a group.

I use the Super Shuttle.

Shelley
    DLR '80, '05, '06, '07(x2), '09, '14, '15, '16; WDW '97, '10, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16; DCL '13, '16

Out of this world for Disney DwarfPlanet's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Ditto, we never had a problem with Super Shuttle.

"Although we think it's DOPEY that Pluto has been downgraded to a dwarf planet, which has made some people GRUMPY and others just SLEEPY, we are not BASHFUL in saying we would be HAPPY if Disney's Pluto would join us as an 8th dwarf. We think this is just what the DOC ordered and is nothing to SNEEZE at."

Quote Originally Posted by stan4d_steph View Post
    The Disneyland Express is run by Gray Line, not Greyhound.

You could take it to the Disneyland Hotel and then walk from there to the park. I agree with Lani; best price depends on the size of your party. A cab from SNA might be a better deal if you have a group.
    I was close....kinda.....

How many people in your group? We have taken a cab many times but there are 4 of us. I am not sure about a bigger group. The cost was about $50.00.

We used Uber in February. I think it was about $35.00 total. It worked well for us. I had a coupon at the time of $20 off, I think so the total was $15.

Thanks for mentioning Uber, gonna look into that!

I did some research last night and read somewhere that the lowest priced Uber (which I used in February) can't pick up at the SNA airport. But, I am not sure about this. I am alsodoing some research into Lyft and I'll post when I get any more information.

I emailed Lyft and found out they do pick up at the SNA airport. If you search the internet, you can find a coupon for a first time user for either $25 or $50 (not sure if the $50 is still valid). I am going to use it, and the coupon, when we fly in next month.

I remember reading that you could take the ART from SNA to DL but I haven't checked into it.

Has anyone tried this?

I don't think ART leaves the resort area, but OCTA probably has lines that run to the airport.