Thread: World View: Around the World for Anna and Elsa

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff

World View: Around the World for Anna and Elsa

Around the World for Anna and Elsa by Jeff Kober

Jeff looks at navigating two major standby lines, even at rope drop

Read it here!

2. # ADS

We were in MK this past Sunday (July 6th). We got there about 5:00 pm. The wait time to see Anna and Elsa was about 2 hours. We planned on staying for the extra magic hours...from 12:00 am - 2:00 am. We decided if the wait time went down during that time, we would stand in line to see them. At 12:45 am, the wait time for them was listed at 35 minutes. We got in line and got to see them within 30 minutes. We had never been in the new princess meet and greet. It was beautiful! After we met them, we got in line to meet Cinderella and Rapunzel (their wait time was 20 minutes). Both listed wait times were spot on.

Great character interaction!

We did not venture over to HS for the new Frozen experience. It was only the second day that it had been opened, and according to people on the bus and at the resort the wait to get inside was over 2 hours!

We witnessed Frozen merchandise being snatched up at the World of Disney gift shop at Downtown Disney. People really like the stuffed doll that is Elsa on one end and Anna on the other. A CM noticed we were looking at the Frozen merchandise and asked my youngest daughter if she would like an Anna doll. It was one of those plastic dolls that look like the Disney baby princesses. She said it was not usually sold in Downtown Disney, but someone had returned it there. They were all sold out in the parks. So of course, we fell into the Frozen merchandise frenzy, and bought Anna so she could be a part of our family! :-)

If you can dream it, you can do it. ~ Walt Disney ~
    1982 Off-site, BC 9/01, ASMo 1/04, ASMu 8-9/08, POFQ 4/09, BC/POR 7/10, AKL and Wyndham Grand Resort at Bonnet Creek 7&8/12, CS 11/12, Disney Dream 3/13, POR and BW 12/13-1/14, Pop Century 7/14, Fort Wilderness 8/15, POR/AoA (MNSSHP and Food and Wine Festival 10/15), Fort Wilderness 7/16, Off-site 12/16, Off-site 12/17, Off-site 12/18 and Disney Magic, 7/19 Off-site DL/DCA

Maybe Disney could help families with small children who want to see these characters. With demand so high, why did Disney remove these characters from Epcot? I can visit Mickey in multiple parks why not Princesses? So glad my kids are past the character meet & greet age. I would not go on vacation where I had to wait this long, especially with small children. Seems cruel to me on Disney's part.

Quote Originally Posted by wyseguy View Post
    Maybe Disney could help families with small children who want to see these characters. With demand so high, why did Disney remove these characters from Epcot? I can visit Mickey in multiple parks why not Princesses? So glad my kids are past the character meet & greet age. I would not go on vacation where I had to wait this long, especially with small children. Seems cruel to me on Disney's part.
    Yes, how cruel for them to provide a meet-and-greet experience that is really popular.

Duplicating the meet-and-greet would require them to find and employ twice as many Friends of Anna and Elsa as they already do. I can't imagine that would be easy. And the layout of the Norway pavilion is not conducive to the sorts of lines they'd see anyway.

Powers &8^]

Sounds like a poor excuse, hire additional employees to play the part (they did it for DHS) and place them in an appropriate place. I h6ave a couple of under utilized spaces. Can anyone think of a few locations for th6ese princesses?