Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Resort pool closure (Changing Reservation)

Unhappy Resort pool closure (Changing Reservation)

Hello All,

I just received a letter saying the Wilderness Lodge Silver Creek Pool will be closed during our stay. This bums me out because I specifically booked this hotel because we love the pool area. I am thinking of either cancelling the reservation or seeing if I can move to another resort. Has anyone out there every had this happen and called in to do either of the options I am thinking about? Let me know what you did in your situation or what you think might be the best bet. Thank you in advance for your assistance,

2. # ADS

Read Everything-Assume Nothing GusMan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I think you will also be allowed to pool hop with the Contemporary during the refurb. Its worth checking into.
    You can call to change your ressie, but keep in mind that if you go to a more expensive resort, you will most likely foot the difference. They might upgrade you for free if you ask nicely, but I would not count on it to be open and honest.

As an alternative, I would consider the Caribbean Beach Resort or even French Quarter, even though they are moderates. Even Animal Kingdom Lodge for what might be a few bucks more. They have an awesome pool there - as well as much more.

Disney-Inspired Author and Blogger
    CoHost of the Behind The Ears Podcast... Check it out on iTunes
    Admin of The WDW Community Facebook page.

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!

Quote Originally Posted by kiowa View Post
    Hello All,

I just received a letter saying the Wilderness Lodge Silver Creek Pool will be closed during our stay. This bums me out because I specifically booked this hotel because we love the pool area. I am thinking of either cancelling the reservation or seeing if I can move to another resort. Has anyone out there every had this happen and called in to do either of the options I am thinking about? Let me know what you did in your situation or what you think might be the best bet. Thank you in advance for your assistance,
    I called 2 times and was told they were not price matching rooms with other resorts. If I changed to another one that cost more I would have to pay the difference. I was told that upon check in if the pool is still closed I could request free water park passes. When we go in November Blizzard Beach will be the only water park open. We can also use the pool at the WL Villias, the main pool at the Contemporary and the pool at the campground.
    WDW 2008 off-site, WDW 2010 Polynesian (Club), WDW Polynesian Dec 15-21 2011 (Club), WDW WL Nov 20-Nov 27 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    I called 2 times and was told they were not price matching rooms with other resorts. If I changed to another one that cost more I would have to pay the difference. I was told that upon check in if the pool is still closed I could request free water park passes. When we go in November Blizzard Beach will be the only water park open. We can also use the pool at the WL Villias, the main pool at the Contemporary and the pool at the campground.
    It's just not the same as having a pool at our own resort to use. I don't want to travel to another resort or park to have to relax and lay out. Bummer they won't price match to another resort. I guess I'll have to cancel and go next year.

It's just not the same as having a pool at our own resort to use. I don't want to travel to another resort or park to have to relax and lay out. Bummer they won't price match to another resort. I guess I'll have to cancel and go next year.
    Canceling is not an option for me, I'm going for my 25th anniversary. But as I am going the week of Thanksgiving and they said late November, maybe it will be open by the time I go. The pool at the WL Villias is onsite, I think it has a hot tub but I'm not sure. Also the Contemporary is just a short boat ride away and the main pool is just off the dock. My youngest son loves the idea of going to Blizzard Beach if the pool is still closed. I did warn him that if it were open we would not go to the water park. He is good with that.
    WDW 2008 off-site, WDW 2010 Polynesian (Club), WDW Polynesian Dec 15-21 2011 (Club), WDW WL Nov 20-Nov 27 2014

Read Everything-Assume Nothing GusMan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Keep in mind, you can use the pool at the Villas, which is still on WL property.
    Disney-Inspired Author and Blogger
    CoHost of the Behind The Ears Podcast... Check it out on iTunes
    Admin of The WDW Community Facebook page.

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!