Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival 2014!

EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival 2014!

Who's got plans in the works? Figured we should start the conversation to get the cravings going...

This pork belly and black beans at Brazil sounds pretty good!

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2014-e...d-food-photos/

Joey

2. # ADS

This will be our 7th year at the F&W Festival. We love it so much we're going twice this year. Our F&W days (no ADRs needed those days!!) tentatively will be Tuesday September 23, Thursday September 25, Saturday November 8 and Monday November 10. Can't wait! We're also glad to see that Puerto Rico is back in 2014! And Scotland which is the only booth we missed last year!

John

This will only be my 2nd really. We first went in 2012. I was thinking everything looks good on the Puerto Rico menu! Can't wait to try some new stuff. I haven't made a single ADR for this trip as we pretty much plan to spend the afternoon and evening eating around the WS all weekend. I just wish they had the cottage heirloom tomatoes and mozzarella that I'm pretty sure didn't return last year. That was good stuff!

Joey

Registered User fairestoneofall's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Finally got my hubby to join me this year!

If you can dream it, you can do it. ~Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by fairestoneofall View Post
    Finally got my hubby to join me this year!
    Just for the half or staying a few days for the festival? I can't wait to try all the new stuff since 2012...
    Joey

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by josephbandrews View Post
    Just for the half or staying a few days for the festival? I can't wait to try all the new stuff since 2012...
    Staying a week!! Of course, we'll be running the half as well.
    Last edited by stan4d_steph; 07-07-2014 at 08:17 AM.

When do the events get announced?

Haven't seen anything on official events list...a few things mentioned in these two articles. Breakfast events and boot camp series and special dinner events to come...

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/guide...ents/index.htm

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/trave...0,1901251.post

Joey

The DFB guide for 2014 is expected to be published in late July or early August...which might be the soonest the full schedule will be available.

Joey

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm actually skipping it this year I think I've gone every year since '06 (and a year or two before then, but its been a decent streak).

Cathy

Quote Originally Posted by DoodleMushyBoo View Post
    When do the events get announced?
    Just saw this more detailed list that will be officially out 24 July and available for booking 31 July...

http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/show...s-Open-July-31
    Joey

This is my first year for F&W. I'm only going for a quick trip/weekend. I'm excited to try all the various foods.

You will love it! We went for the first time in 2008 and were so impressed and had such a good time we've gone every year since!

John

Has anyone been to one of the Saturday cheese seminars? I love cheese (could probably survive on cheese, pickles, beer), but $80...gotta know about what it is.

Joey

If anyone's planning on visiting at any other time than right at the beginning, Josh over at easywdw.com always does an excellent F&W review, booth by booth, with lots of pictures. He'll post it within a couple days for the Festival's beginning.

The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

Mmmm Beef Tenderloins at Africa pavilion... Cheese plate in Ireland... Pork in Puerto Rico... Can't wait!

Joey

Blog Entries

Does anyone have anything to report yet? 44 days...

The full food passport is out. I've seen it on an e mail drop I receive. Eat to the Beat info was on there too. Not sure I am allowed to post the link? It's not an official WDW one.

If no-one out there understands, start your own revolution and cut out the middle man (Billy Bragg)

Go ahead and post!

- James Taylor

Josh over at EasyWDW has his F&W reports up. Lots of great pictures and info - easywdw.com.

- James Taylor

I've started a petition that will ban Dan from MP if he doesn't post some photos here... So far I can't even get my dags to sign it....but they're warming up...or they just want biscuits... Not certain.

Joey

Blog Entries

I'm making a list of things to try. DH and I are going for the W&D Half, but really focusing on F&W. The HM will just be a means to work off some of the food. 😁 We'll be just coming off of a full marathon and this trip will be all about the festival.

So excited... It's going to be my first F&W, and while a very short trip (Arriving Saturday Morning, leaving Sunday early evening), I can't wait to try to much food. I've got my list of things to try, broken up into 'proteins', 'snacks' and 'desserts'. I tried to get a last minute breakfast thing for Sunday, but that was filled of course. But I did splurge and get the Saturday night 'Feast for the Senses' ticket. I just hate that my local friend is busy this weekend, so I'll be doing it alone. Who will I get to pass off half my foods to...

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Your last point was an issue for me when I've gone solo! If you eat it all, then you're full after 1/2 as many items!

Let us know how Party for the Senses is for a solo visitor!

Cathy