Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Best place for stroller naps

Best place for stroller naps

My first trip with my 2 year old son, we made a valiant attempt the frist few days to go back to the hotel room and have him nap. It worked out terribly because he was so hyped up from the morning that he couldn't wind down enough to nap and we would end up wasting an hour or two waiting for him to wind down, then 3 more hours once he finally fell asleep! By our last day I just gave up and let him fall asleep in the stroller at the park. He slept or a good 2 hours, which isn't quite what he would normallly sleep, but definitely not bad either! We decided for our last trip to just do all naps in the stroller and it really worked out for the best.

I'm wondering if anyone has some suggestion for places that like to camp out and let their toddler get some rest in the stroller? My son usually naps around lunch time, so it works out perfectly for us to grab an uninterrupted bite to eat while he gets some rest someplace slightly quieter and a lot cooler that walking around the park. However, recently I have found that certain table service restaurants won't let you pull the stroller up to the table. Anyone have a favorite place they like to escape to?

A dream in a wish your heart makes! Engaged at DL December 2008, honeymooned at DL December 2009, too many other trips to mention! Happiness is being and AP holder! Looking forward to the day my kiddo is old enough to enjoy the parks as much as I do

~Shelby

2. # ADS

Hungry Bear, Pizza Port all the way in the back there is a patio.

If this is about Disneyland, a hit or miss great place is Aladdin's Oasis. It is highly shaded, which is nice, and really quiet. BUT, there are a lot of steps and if they are doing a character meet and greet you would have to carry the stroller up or down to get out of the way of the meet and greet line.

In DCA: animation building for sure.

Romance @ Disney Goddess
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

The lobby of mr Lincoln is always a great place.

Lower level at Hungry Bear.. The old Donald Duck motor boat dock (used to be the soking section but they moved it) look towards Small World from the Matterhorn challet, you'll see it.
    One of our favorite out of the way places is a little hard to describe. If the Columbia is docked its a bit easier to describe. Across from HM is the Harbor Galley walkup window. If you are looking at the window, there is a walkway to the right side of the building, the walkway wraps around the "parking spot" for the Columbia. If you follow it there are some quiet, shaded tables back there overlooking the ROA. If you were to continue up the 2 steps of the path you can watch the Splash mountain logs after the big hill and as they turn back into the ride, continue down this path and there are 2 steps down next to the fruit cart above the Canoe dock.

Innoventions. Air conditioned and guaranteed to put anyone - adult or child - to sleep.

Your attention, please. The Disneyland Limited now leaving for a grand circle tour of the Magic Kingdom. Aboaaard!

Users Awaiting Email Confirmation

I agree with the lower level of the Hungry Bear Restaurant in Critter Country. Also, Fantasia Gardens, across from the Matterhorn loading zone in Fantasyland (former site of the Motor Boat Cruise) has lots of shaded seating away from the hustle and bustle. Finally, the lower level of Innoventions in Tomorrowland. Last time I was there, I kept feeling like maybe I wasn't supposed to be, since there was literally nobody in sight much of the time and it was so quiet. My whole time down there I ran into maybe two cast members and three other guests, and there were large areas without any displays to draw any guests that did find their way into the area.

Hungry Bear.

The bathrooms are close by and while you run the risk of a loud group it's usually pretty boring and sedate over there. You'll have to deal with the train and maybe the sounds of the Mark Twain.

And if you can get a spot, Harbor Galley is usually nice. Innoventions is pretty nice too but it's a production if you want to leave and come back to use the restroom or eat something.

You drank my weights?!? ~MDM

Lower level of the Hungry Bear.

It's a treasure-we found it together
    MousePad Subscriber

We also did lower level of Hungry Bear and a side table on the water at Pacific Wharf Cafe (the bread place). These were both shaded and quiet- too quiet for our nappers. My kids are not stroller nappers. It takes quite a bit of strolling to get them to sleep. I am always jealous of those kids who were slumped over strolling down Main Street! So, when they finally slept and we parked them at one of the usually recommended places, it was so quiet that when a cart rolled by or a nearby child yelled out, it startled and woke them- rather grumpily. So, my new favorite spots is on the benches in the middle of the walkway in Frontierland- kind of across from Rancho Del Zolcolo's seating area. There is no reason anyone will stop right by us and startle my sleepers but there is a steady background noise of people walking by, so a louder noise is more easily absorbed and slept through. I also liked the benches in Bug's Land for the same reasons. They aren't as nice as the restaurant spots, but they work better for us.

Why do people go on The Amazing Race without bothering to learn how to drive a stick shift?

Hungry Bear is a great option inside Disneyland. Tom Sawyer Island is another one, although I can't remember if they allow strollers (I'm thinking they do not). If Aladdin's Oasis is accessible but nothing is going on, that is a perfect place to hang out. If you're back near Splash Mountain, there are some nice shady spots there as well. Outside Disneyland and far less exciting is the parking structure (if that's where you parked), or the Picnic Area outside the main entrance. Mickey & Friends gets pretty dull and quiet in the afternoon hours, so you can just go camp at your car. Another place is the Grand Californian or the Disneyland Hotel. Both have places to just wander among the landscaping and just find a place to sit down and rest.

I usually walk with mine (and go about 5 miles on a park day doing so) as they sleep when moving only. However, for quiet and off the beaten path, you can't beat the path behind Grizzly River Rapids, plus there's the added bonus of the waterfall for white noise. Also, Frontierland behind Big Thunder is a good place with less traffic and no loud music. I also used to walk them around the path between Tomorrowland and Small World by the Matterhorn. Only problems there, and behind GRR, are the smoking areas at either end . . .

Last edited by Simba0614; 06-30-2014 at 09:24 AM. Reason: error

I have seen several people recommend Aladdin's Oasis. If they are not doing meet and greets, isn't it usually roped off? I didn't know that you could just wander back there.

You can't go into the theatre area, but the courtyard between the entrance and Jungle Cruise exit is usually available and shaded.

During daylight hours it is usually open as a quiet respite and/or for upcoming meet & greets. Come evening, they do rope it off.

I suppose it may be roped off on a day that no meet and greets are scheduled. I'm just not normally fortunate enough to go during those off peak times

But yes, there is also an outside courtyard that is usually pretty devoid of people. I don't remember it being shaded, but I also don't think I have ever looked.

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapunzelthorn View Post
    I have seen several people recommend Aladdin's Oasis. If they are not doing meet and greets, isn't it usually roped off? I didn't know that you could just wander back there.
    Quote Originally Posted by candles71 View Post
    You can't go into the theatre area, but the courtyard between the entrance and Jungle Cruise exit is usually available and shaded.
    Quote Originally Posted by currence View Post
    During daylight hours it is usually open as a quiet respite and/or for upcoming meet & greets. Come evening, they do rope it off.

I suppose it may be roped off on a day that no meet and greets are scheduled. I'm just not normally fortunate enough to go during those off peak times

But yes, there is also an outside courtyard that is usually pretty devoid of people. I don't remember it being shaded, but I also don't think I have ever looked.
    We wandered inside a couple months ago cause we hadn't been there in ages and were surprised to see that they had all these tables and chairs set up. There was a meet and greet going on at the time, but it only took up a small piece of the place. It's a great place to go especially if you've just gotten food from Bengal BBQ and are having a hard time finding a place to sit and eat. It was really nice inside.

Aladdin and Genie meet and greet.

Seating area.
    Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Nice. I love that area. The first trip that I remember all of (went twice when I was 3, but have just a few memories of it) was for my 8th bday and we had dinner at the Polynesian Restaurant that used to be in that space, so a special fondness . Anytime we have gone, they had the meet and greet either in the courtyard, or just inside the curtained hallway to the seating area. We have, also, nevver met Genie.

In addition to what has already been suggested, the Frontierland and Tommorowland train stations are also pretty good for napping. If you are carrying a shoulder napper as opposed to a stroller napper you can even ride the train for a several loops.

Other quieter spots include areas on TS island, particularly on the east side, the patio above Tomorrowland by the SM queue, and the wishing well just east of the castle .

Last edited by JLM; 08-08-2014 at 10:43 AM. Reason: Typo