Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Refillable Cups

Refillable Cups

I may have missed this discussion along the way, but first of all, for others who may have missed it, this is what the new chip-enabled refillable cups look like (see below). And as far as a delay in filling up your cup, I have not noticed any delay; in other words, I like to mix sprite Zero with the pomegranate juice, and I can still do this with the chip enabled cups. You set the cup down on the pedestal (to enable the chip), and then press the dispenser button; then move it to another pedestal immediately after, and without waiting any length of time, you can add the second drink. Perhaps there is a window of time in which you can do this and then maybe it shuts you off for a length of time, I don't know, maybe someone else can chime in, but I thought I'd mention it.

1999 - Coronado; 2003 - DL's Paradise Pier ; 2005 - All Star Music; 2007 - POP; 2008 - Paradise Pier; 2009 - POP ; 2010 - Dolphin; 2011 - POP; 2012 - POFQ; 2013 - POFQ; 2014 - POFQ; 2015 - Art of Animation; 2016 - Pop; July 2017 - POFQ

What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas, but what happens at Disney stays with you a lifetime

2. # ADS

Thanks for the pic and info. I can hardly wait to add this cup to my collection from past World visits. Just thought of something...hope cup is microwavable even with the chip (??) in the base.

Disneyland ~ Forever Close To My Heart ~

Quote Originally Posted by coronado_g View Post
    Thanks for the pic and info. I can hardly wait to add this cup to my collection from past World visits. Just thought of something...hope cup is microwavable even with the chip (??) in the base.
    Nope

If no-one out there understands, start your own revolution and cut out the middle man (Billy Bragg)

Read Everything-Assume Nothing GusMan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I do the same mixing of drinks and after a certain period of time you will have to wait 2-3 minutes. The little display on the machine will tell you. I does, however, give you more than enough time to do drink mixing without a lot of issues.

And I will also mention this... Just so that everyone knows...
    IF your stay spans resorts, you can 1) tell them the last day of your entire stay at time of purchase and they will extend the date to that point and 2)you CAN use it at any resort. So you do not have to repurchase them if you switch resorts. ie: they are NOT linked to any sort of reservation number, magic band, or anything like that.

Disney-Inspired Author and Blogger
    CoHost of the Behind The Ears Podcast... Check it out on iTunes
    Admin of The WDW Community Facebook page.

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!

Quote Originally Posted by GusMan View Post
    I do the same mixing of drinks and after a certain period of time you will have to wait 2-3 minutes. The little display on the machine will tell you. I does, however, give you more than enough time to do drink mixing without a lot of issues.

And I will also mention this... Just so that everyone knows...
    IF your stay spans resorts, you can 1) tell them the last day of your entire stay at time of purchase and they will extend the date to that point and 2)you CAN use it at any resort. So you do not have to repurchase them if you switch resorts. ie: they are NOT linked to any sort of reservation number, magic band, or anything like that.
    Since the pool at WL will be closed when I am there, they said we can use the Contemporary's main pool. Say we take our mugs filled to the pool, but want more to drink, can I refill it at the Contemporary or only at WL?
    WDW 2008 off-site, WDW 2010 Polynesian (Club), WDW Polynesian Dec 15-21 2011 (Club), WDW WL Nov 20-Nov 27 2014

Blog Entries

Yes, you can refill them at any resort hotel filling station. (To my surprise, the signs advertising the mugs even say this.)
    For the Contemporary, you have to go up to the Contempo Cafe on the 4th floor.

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!

Quote Originally Posted by GusMan View Post
    Yes, you can refill them at any resort hotel filling station. (To my surprise, the signs advertising the mugs even say this.)
    For the Contemporary, you have to go up to the Contempo Cafe on the 4th floor.
    Very nice to know. Going to the 4th floor will still be better than boarding the boat back to WL to get a drink. Thanks!
    WDW 2008 off-site, WDW 2010 Polynesian (Club), WDW Polynesian Dec 15-21 2011 (Club), WDW WL Nov 20-Nov 27 2014

How much are the refillable mugs now??

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by menicksmom View Post
    How much are the refillable mugs now??
    It depends on the length you want them to be active for, but I really don't recall the range.
    Cathy

Blog Entries

To add to what Drince mentioned... It starts like at $13 and goes up to $18.99 for "length of stay."
    (See post # for for more info if your stay spans more than one resort.)