Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ITINERARY FOR 7 nights at AKL and YACHT CLUB....

ITINERARY FOR 7 nights at AKL and YACHT CLUB....

I am planning my next big UN BIRTHDAY! I am so excited that I have been staring at the WDW web site for days and just thought I would blob a rough cut out for you all......Stayed at ALL STAR RESORT last time and did ALL of the PARKS (no AK yet) I have been to DLR about 100 times and my favorite 3 things at WDW are RESORTS, WATERPARKS/SWIMMING POOLS and RESTAURANTS....so keep that in mind when reading my plan......I have also lived in Europe so I am (GASP) planning on skipping Epcot ( we spent LOTS of time there last trip).....here goes

Fly in from CALIFORNIA and check into ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE (going to request Savannah view)

DAY ONE- BLIZZARD BEACH and Dinner at JIKO - This gives me time to sleep in have breakfast in room with view. Explore Hotel....maybe jacuzzi at night.....have a cocktail by the pool before dinner.....listen to story telling etc....

DAY TWO- ANIMAL KINGDOM and SANAA for dinner-advice about the Lion King show and Finding Nemo..... I saw Lion King on Broadway so not that excited but maybe it is time to re-look.....I would love to do the wake up Safari but I don't know what a KILAMANJARO guest is????As much advice about this park is welcome...can I walk there from resort? I want to FP Everest twice!!! What about SANAA for lunch break and then back to the park for an evening close???

DAY THREE- Moving day to YACHT CLUB....Morning Coffee and rolls on balcony maybe morning swim- maybe LATE Character Breakfast at CAPE MAY or BEACHES AND CREAM sundae for early lunch? restaurant at Yacht CLUB while room is readied.....explore hotel and long afternoon by the pool...nap.....Dinner at FLYING FISH across the bay

DAY FOUR- MAGIC KINGDOM with light lunch and then last reservation for AFTERNOON TEA at Grand Floridian....evening swim back at YACHT CLUB

DAY FIVE- TYPHOON LAGOON (didn't do this last trip) So for those of you that say I MUST go to EPCOT.....could I do both of these in one day?....only need to see the AMERICAN PAVILION for sure again and skip the front half of EPCOT for sure.....Dinner at YACHT CLUB STEAK if no EPCOT....Otherwise dinner at EPCOT.

DAY SIX- HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS- another short day here....must needs ride ROCK N ROLLER COASTER twice! Stunt show and Car show are new so want to take that in.....the Movie Ride is a must do again and BROWN DERBY for lunch for sure......Finish the trip with CA GRILL and FIREWORKS

Whaddya think? Am I mad?

2. # ADS

That sounds great as you clearly know what you like. One thing about a Savannah view. You can't request it, you can only pay for it!!!!!! There are different savannah views too.

You could easily do Typhoon Lagoon and World Showcase in a day if you open the water park as you can be done there by 2pm easily and be back out to Epcot for the evening. It is a five minute walk from the Yacht Club, possibly 10 from the furthest room, to the International Gateway entrance of Epcot. The quickest route is through the hotel into Beach Club hotel and through there to the door near their quiet pool.

If you want to ride R and R twice your best strategy is to head there at rope drop and ride standby and get a FP for it for later in the day as well. FPP seems to have had a negative effect on the single rider line which was very long all day when I visited in May. Cape May Cafe is a good breakfast and some of the calmest character interaction on site. Beaches and Cream now requires an ADR apart from for take out ice cream in case you didn't realise that.

You will LOVE the Yacht and Beach club pool. It's fab. They will also walk to your lounger, take cocktail orders and then bring the drink to you. I really liked that !!!

If no-one out there understands, start your own revolution and cut out the middle man (Billy Bragg)

Quote Originally Posted by scoobydooby View Post
    One thing about a Savannah view. You can't request it, you can only pay for it!!!!!!
    I'm not sure what this means.
    The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post
    I'm not sure what this means.
    To me request means you are asking for it from a range of things. Requests are not guaranteed. May be a language thing.

If no-one out there understands, start your own revolution and cut out the middle man (Billy Bragg)

I think this is one of those things that you CAN request. You can't demand it, but you can certainly ask for it.

- James Taylor

MadHatter,

I think it sounds like a good trip and that you are pretty certain what you want out of it. Just a quick question- why Yacht club? Just curious ... I know some love it but I semi-wonder about that location if at least *eating in EPCOT* isn't a priority.

Fly in from CALIFORNIA and check into ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE (going to request Savannah view)
    I say pay for it because it is one of the few places where it makes a big difference in the whole experience. Plus you mention looking forward to the view and breakfast but it isn't likely to happen if you don't pony up and pay.

DAY ONE- BLIZZARD BEACH and Dinner at JIKO - This gives me time to sleep in have breakfast in room with view. Explore Hotel....maybe jacuzzi at night.....have a cocktail by the pool before dinner.....listen to story telling etc....
    AKL is a long bus ride to everywhere except AK and BB, so that will be nice for you to hit this park while at the AKL.

DAY TWO- ANIMAL KINGDOM and SANAA for dinner-advice about the Lion King show and Finding Nemo..... I saw Lion King on Broadway so not that excited but maybe it is time to re-look.....I would love to do the wake up Safari but I don't know what a KILAMANJARO guest is????As much advice about this park is welcome...can I walk there from resort? I want to FP Everest twice!!! What about SANAA for lunch break and then back to the park for an evening close???
    The Kilmanjaro guest = club level/concierge. That safari is only up to those guests and also just changed- now to DVC members staying at AKL or AKL Kidani. What about this instead? http://allears.net/acc/faq_aklsunset.htm Plus, you get to try Jiko too! Maybe a win/win?

DAY THREE- Moving day to YACHT CLUB....Morning Coffee and rolls on balcony maybe morning swim- maybe LATE Character Breakfast at CAPE MAY or BEACHES AND CREAM sundae for early lunch? restaurant at Yacht CLUB while room is readied.....explore hotel and long afternoon by the pool...nap.....Dinner at FLYING FISH across the bay
    I'd pick Beaches for breakfast, it's one place I heard good things about and didn't get to try ... can't go wrong with a sundae for breakfast. I've heard the Cape May breakfast can be very noisy.

DAY FOUR- MAGIC KINGDOM with light lunch and then last reservation for AFTERNOON TEA at Grand Floridian....evening swim back at YACHT CLUB
    I wouldn't say I was disappointed w/the tea when we did it about a year ago, but I was underwhelmed with the non-sweet food choices. I had the Prince Edwards and it wasn't too filling (I still wanted dinner) http://allears.net/dining/menu/garde.../afternoon-tea In fact, thinking we wouldn't, we actually all DID want something later that evening.... hey EPCOT will be right close by....

DAY FIVE- TYPHOON LAGOON (didn't do this last trip) So for those of you that say I MUST go to EPCOT.....could I do both of these in one day?....only need to see the AMERICAN PAVILION for sure again and skip the front half of EPCOT for sure.....Dinner at YACHT CLUB STEAK if no EPCOT....Otherwise dinner at EPCOT.
    Sounds good... but why not try to FP+ for TT that evening? Then you could get one very fun ride in and dinner and still be nice and close to your hotel.

DAY SIX- HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS- another short day here....must needs ride ROCK N ROLLER COASTER twice! Stunt show and Car show are new so want to take that in.....the Movie Ride is a must do again and BROWN DERBY for lunch for sure......Finish the trip with CA GRILL and FIREWORKS
    Sounds like a good plan
    Last edited by Teddi; 06-16-2014 at 02:29 PM. Reason: ETA
    Teddi ~ Wife to Rob. Mom to Bert 14, Chloe & Kaylie 9
    1st trip to WDW 2013: Jan 28-Feb 6 Cabins@ Fort Wilderness & Villas @ AKL Kidani
    2013 May 11 - 18, Boardwalk Inn CL, Great-Grandma's 1st trip
    DLR 2013: Feb 20-22: DLH, April 2-4: offsite June: 18-22, Paradise Pier
    2014: DLR May 24 - 27, Paradise Pier

Thanks for confusing me Dan and ScoobyDooby.....but I think I get it.....you can only PAY for an ARUSHA view and the rest are requests???? The Arusha is the main one that you see from the lobby...do I have that right?

Thanks Teddi....I see you are a neighbor of mine....The Yacht Club had the coolest looking rooms (preferred the lobby AND rooms to the BEACH CLUB) and that POOL was my main choice. I know staying at one of the resorts near MK might be better LOCATION WISE but again....it's those pools.....PLUS YACHT CLUB is in the center of the TL/HS/MK loop. Now that I see how Dang close it is to the EPCOT part that I like I think an evening there with dinner at EPCOT.....now the question is .....researching dinner at EPCOT....sigh. Thought a tea break would be good to escape MK as none of the eateries look that appealing to me......what WERE the non sweet edibles with the tea??? The usual fair is cucumber sandwhiches and egg salad which I adore.......You know how I like a tea service! I am mad!

ITINERARY FOR 7 nights at AKL and YACHT CLUB....

No. All savannah views have to be paid for. There are different categories within that, one of which is Arusha view. Some people have been lucky booking a standard view and getting a savannah view but that's random luck. If you must have one then you will need to book a savannah room and pay accordingly. I think Arusha is more expensive than other savannah views.

Last edited by scoobydooby; 06-17-2014 at 02:05 AM.

Dining in Epcot is a truly great experience. My favorites are Monsieur Paul's in France, the Cantina de San Angel in Mexico (the one that's right by the water), and of course one of my all time favorites - the Coral Reef, with underwater views of the Living Seas Lagoon. Enjoy!

- James Taylor

At Epcot I really like Akershus, and Tokyo Dining is good too. At MK Be Our Guest was very good the only time we have been there (supper). And The Brown Derby is unparallelled at DHS.

Nick Andrews, DL misc74-76,85,91,12/11,1/13, WDW 78,83,85,1/92-8/92,95,99,04x8,5/11,2/12, 9/12,6/13,3/14,11/14,3/15,9/15,4/16,9/16,12/16,4/17,11/17,4/18,10/18,1/19,5/19,10/19, 2/20, 9/20, 1/21, DLP 3/20
    Magic Kingdom Cast Member 1/92-8/92 (WDW CP) 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea

Wow! Y'all are on the right track for Disney Dining...I think I will skip a sit down place for MK and maybe do a late breakfast that day at MK and an Afternoon Tea at GRAND FLORIDIAN and then Room Service or snacks....

As for EPCOT....I am thinking TOKYO DINING! My sis will probably most likely be joining me on this trip and we love SUSHI and really miss the Sushi Restaurant from Pacific Pier at DLR.....also......the web site isn't very clear on the FIREWORKS dining at said restaurant.....can anyone dining there see the fireworks???? Anyone done this?

And thanks for the clarification about the Savannah Views Scooby Dooby.....that is what I gleaned! Now I know....

Always ask for a window seat at Tokyo Dining. Should be a great view of Illuminations from there.

Nick Andrews, DL misc74-76,85,91,12/11,1/13, WDW 78,83,85,1/92-8/92,95,99,04x8,5/11,2/12, 9/12,6/13,3/14,11/14,3/15,9/15,4/16,9/16,12/16,4/17,11/17,4/18,10/18,1/19,5/19,10/19, 2/20, 9/20, 1/21, DLP 3/20
    Magic Kingdom Cast Member 1/92-8/92 (WDW CP) 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea

We were first timers as Tokyo Dining last year and we were impressed! We ate too early for Illuminations, though. We have stayed at both AKL (Arusha view) and the Yacht Club (standard view) and we adored them both. They also have a great breakfast menu (buffet or a la carte) at the Captain's Grille right in the Yacht Club where you'll be! Check it out. I had the lobster omelet and cheese grits and my boyfriend had Eggs Benedict, washed down by a Bloody Mary or three! Delish!
    You also can't go wrong at the Flying Fish Caf and Yachtsman Steakhouse! Both great choices!

John

Quote Originally Posted by MadasaHatter View Post
    Wow! Y'all are on the right track for Disney Dining...I think I will skip a sit down place for MK and maybe do a late breakfast that day at MK and an Afternoon Tea at GRAND FLORIDIAN and then Room Service or snacks....

As for EPCOT....I am thinking TOKYO DINING! My sis will probably most likely be joining me on this trip and we love SUSHI and really miss the Sushi Restaurant from Pacific Pier at DLR.....also......the web site isn't very clear on the FIREWORKS dining at said restaurant.....can anyone dining there see the fireworks???? Anyone done this?
    I didn't have a table at Tokyo Dining, but did Dine at Teppan Edo when I was last there. (They are right next to one another, Teppan Edo is behind Tokyo dining. I am pretty sure you can't see Illuminations at all from Teppan Edo due to the wall between the restaurants.)

You may be able to see some of Illuminations from your table at Tokyo Dining , depending on where you are with respect to the front windows. There is a nice balcony/walkway right in front of the Tokyo Dining windows that I (and many others) camped out on after my meal to see Illuminations. Several people came out of the restaurant for a break from their meal during Illuminations.

The view is decent, but if you are really interested in an unobstructed view, you are probably better off viewing from somewhere around the perimeter of World Showcase.
    -Dave

Good to know Dave1313....the official Disney Site makes this seem like the CALIFORNIA GRILL version of the Fireworks and states there is a private balcony for guests only.......we are planning on staying at YACHT CLUB so is there a good view from the beach areas there??? I have no problem eating at the TOKYO DINING place and then walking to a better view.....what are your tips on the view?

Quote Originally Posted by MadasaHatter View Post
    Good to know Dave1313....the official Disney Site makes this seem like the CALIFORNIA GRILL version of the Fireworks and states there is a private balcony for guests only.......we are planning on staying at YACHT CLUB so is there a good view from the beach areas there??? I have no problem eating at the TOKYO DINING place and then walking to a better view.....what are your tips on the view?
    1) Please don't totally discount the Tokyo Dining idea based solely on my comment, those were just my casual observations. Nick has been many more times than me and he indicates it can be a good view, hopefully some others will comment as well.

2) I can't say if some of the fireworks aspects of Illuminations are up high enough in the air that you may be able to see them from local Epcot resorts or not, but you certainly cannot see the whole show from outside the park. Illuminations has many elements that are actually on or close to the water level, so you definitely want to see it from inside the park at least once, I think.

3) I can't claim to know the best spot to see the show from, but I had read on line somewhere a while back that Canada was a decent spot, and I watched it from there once and thought that it was pretty good (at that point I had only seen it once before, and I was somewhere near China or Germany - I seem to recall my view of some of the water level elements of the show was blocked by the trees on one of the islands)
    -Dave

Thanks carolinakid for the tips and don't worry Dave1313....still planning on TOKYO DINING with or without the view....IF I am going into EPCOT I am DINING in Epcot and it will give me the WELCOMEBACKSUSHIFROMDLR feel that I miss every damn time I go down there.....You all rock...I am mad.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1313 View Post
    ...I had read on line somewhere a while back that Canada was a decent spot...
    That may have been from me. Just across from the steps leading up into the Canada pavilion is an excellent spot. With big rocks and trees around it looks like it might be a crummy spot, so it never fills up early. Just get there 10 to 15 minutes before showtime and you'll have a great view of the show!
    - James Taylor

So they do say that there is fireworks viewing at TOKYO DINING but he didn't know if they piped the soundtrack in.....hmmmmm? May have to give the Disney Dining a ring......anyone??? Bueller???? Bueller?

D'oh!

I was under the STRANGE assumption that all parks would have a MM or EARLY ENTRY every day......I don't know why I thought that......So that changes my plans a wee bit!!!!! SO my question is......I notice the hours seem to be the SAME going into the off season. I also see some great discounts for the autumn and that is my birthday next year so I am thinking of doing that .....I KNOW things can change on a dime but I wonder if that is the general plan for years now....seems like a good schedule and I can totally make it work with some shifting....what about the WATER PARKS closing down......do they have a pretty regular schedule for shut down maintenance.....It wouldn't be a deal breaker if one was down as the hotel pool is also a very nice and closer option....thanks again, gang....

There used to be a pretty set schedule for which parks had early entry. But I think it's gone to a somewhat variable schedule. Maybe someone else can contribute more.

- James Taylor

Planning a WDW trip takes A LOT more out of you than a DLR trip......Reservations and FPs all procured and timing your park visits with EARLY/LATE ENTRY....sheesh....also closures of attractions.....there is a lot going on here. I am planning on booking about 6 fancy meals and the rest.....I will just snack at the bar and order room service for breakfast sort of thing. Very excited.....

Yeah it can be a lot of research and effort, but at least it gives you something to do at work while you anticipate the upcoming journey...

IN my free time you mean. I have to work at work.