Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: 2014 CHOC Walk - Sunday, October 12

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

2014 CHOC Walk - Sunday, October 12

Team MousePlanet will be back for our seventh consecutive year at the CHOC Walk in the Park, benefiting Children's Hospital Orange County. Thanks to the efforts and generosity of our readers, Team MousePlanet has raised over $42,000 for CHOC since 2008.

The 2014 race is Sunday, October 12 at the Disneyland Resort. Team registration is NOW OPEN! Come join us for a day you won't soon forget.

One of the best things about walking with Team MousePlanet is that we handle check in for our walkers who want us to do so! Instead of making you drive to Irvine the week before the race to collect your wristband and t-shirt, or paying the $10 shipping and handling charge, we can get your items for you. You only have to meet us in Downtown Disney the morning of the walk to collect your goodies, and then head right into Disneyland to start the walk.

If you prefer to have your shirt and wristband before the walk (some people like to personalize them), you can also have them shipped to you. Be sure to select this option when you register - we don't know if you can add it later.

Are you ready to CHOC Walk with Team MousePlanet? It's easy to sign up - just CLICK HERE!!!
    If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

2. # ADS

Headless Chicken

I am signed up! Will remind the DH to do so this week.

First 5K - Neverland - January 19th, 2013
    First Half Marathon - TinkerBell - January 19th, 2014

It's amazing what is possible in just one year.

My husband and I joined your team for the first time last year, and we probably will sign up this week to walk again this year!

Headless Chicken
    Quote Originally Posted by A Shellie Day View Post
    My husband and I joined your team for the first time last year, and we probably will sign up this week to walk again this year!
    Squeeeeeeee!

DD and I signed up! She will be bringing her 5y/o does he need to be signed up too? We are really looking forward to joining you all for this event.

Registered User fairestoneofall's Avatar
    Blog Entries

We had a blast last year and we're so bummed we'll miss it this year. But, the DH and I will be running the Long Beach Marathon (my first full!) that same day. I'll be sure to spread the love and support Team MousePlanet though.

If you can dream it, you can do it. ~Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by GrannyGear View Post
    DD and I signed up! She will be bringing her 5y/o does he need to be signed up too? We are really looking forward to joining you all for this event.
    Last year age 3 and over had to raise or pay the $50. I assume it's going to be the same this year.

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GrannyGear View Post
    From the CHOC Walk website:

Walkers, ages three(3) and up, must register, Raise $50 and wear a wristband to Walk.
    Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Thanks! I'll let her know.

Quote Originally Posted by AVP View Post
    Are you ready to CHOC Walk with Team MousePlanet? It's easy to sign up - just CLICK HERE!!!
    About that easy to sign up... I'm almost done with the registration process and it shows me as an individual walker even though I clicked the join team button. Just wanted to verify if that's what it's supposed to look like or if I missed something somewhere or if I'm too late.

Thanks -

Quote Originally Posted by DMommyP View Post
    About that easy to sign up... I'm almost done with the registration process and it shows me as an individual walker even though I clicked the join team button. Just wanted to verify if that's what it's supposed to look like or if I missed something somewhere or if I'm too late.

Thanks -
    Our pages looked like that, too. Don't worry!

Excited to be signed up and really looking forward to CHOC Walk weekend!

When is the deadline to sign up if we want Team MP to take care of check in?

I signed up but unexpectedly, will not be able to attend. There does not appear to be a way to change status on the CHOC site to reflect that I will have to be a " sleeping bear" this year. I was really looking forward to participating. I will continue efforts to raise funds. Not easy here in NorCal with local fundraisers in full swing.

Headless Chicken

Do they have the discounted ticket purchase perk again this year?

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tea4two View Post
    When is the deadline to sign up if we want Team MP to take care of check in?
    October 7. I'll do team pick up on the 8th.

AVP

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Disneyphile View Post
    I believe so, but I don't have the details. I'll see what I can get.

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyphile View Post
    yes, from the FAQ: Sunday Only: Present your CHOC Walk In the Park wristband to a Disneyland Resort Ticket Booth to purchase a special CHOC-Tober Disneyland Resort 1-Day Park Hopper ticket for $78 or a 1-Day 1-Park Ticket for $50 for use on this or your next trip to Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure Park! A maximum of 5 tickets may be purchased per wristband. Offer valid on 10/12/2014. Tickets must be purchased on the day of the Walk and expire 11/7/2014. - See more at: http://choc.convio.net/site/TR/Event....0mKVQpLe.dpuf

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by currence View Post
    yes, from the FAQ: Sunday Only: Present your CHOC Walk In the Park wristband to a Disneyland Resort Ticket Booth to purchase a special CHOC-Tober Disneyland Resort 1-Day Park Hopper ticket for $78 or a 1-Day 1-Park Ticket for $50 for use on this or your next trip to Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure Park! A maximum of 5 tickets may be purchased per wristband. Offer valid on 10/12/2014. Tickets must be purchased on the day of the Walk and expire 11/7/2014. - See more at: http://choc.convio.net/site/TR/Event....0mKVQpLe.dpuf
    ARGH! Thank you! I didn't think to look under the FAQ - I figured it would be under Prizes or Promotions.

Will some team members be wearing the turquoise Team MousePlanet shirts like they did last year? When we missed you in DtD, those shirts helped us find you on Main Street!