Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Volunteer registration opens for Star Wars Half Marathon weekend

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

Volunteer registration opens for Star Wars Half Marathon weekend

Volunteer registration for the 2015 Star Wars Half Marathon weekend events opens today October 7, 2014 at 9:00 a.m. (PDT), via the volunteer page on the runDisney website. Use the drop-down menu to select the Star Wars event.

All volunteers must be 14 years old, and volunteers under 16 years of age must be accompanied by an adult throughout their volunteer shift. Volunteers receive a commemorative event t-shirt and a snack. Volunteers who complete one Sunday shift or any two Wednesday through Saturday shifts receive a 1-day Disneyland Resort Park Hopper ticket.

Even if you're a passholder, this is a really good opportunity to earn tickets to use for friends and family to join you for a day, or heck - send the link to those same people and tell them to earn their own ticket. With 4 runDisney events a year now, that's four "give a day, get a day" opportunities per year. Notice the change from past events - Sunday shifts now count double, so your non-runner friends and family can earn a ticket while you're out running.

I know that the best assignments go first, so register as early as possible to get your choice of jobs. I've volunteered at several runDisney events, and it's always a fun time. As someone participating in the Rebel Challenge this year, I am especially grateful to the volunteers who will help get me through three days of runDisney events!

Adrienne
    If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

2. # ADS

Ah man, I have an appointment when the window opens. Crossing fingers that I can get in.

Contributing Writer RunningFool's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Here's a bit more detail on the opportunity.

Changes have been made to Volunteer Appreciation.

VOLUNTEER APPRECIATION:
    Each individual volunteer must work and complete two assigned volunteer shifts between Thursday and Saturday or one shift on Sunday, this event weekend, to be eligible for appreciation. Theme park tickets earned between Thursday and Saturday will be distributed by mail within sixty days of the event. Theme Park tickets earned on Sunday will be distributed the day of the event.

SCHEDULING & CONFIRMATIONS:
    You will receive official confirmation materials with your specific volunteer schedule approximately one month prior to the event. The time and date on the automated confirmation email is not your official volunteer shift time. Write down the shifts you have selected for your own reference. Please note, Volunteer Management reserves the right to limit the number of shifts per volunteer based on demand and the needs of the operation. Thank you!

RunningFool

Next non-Disney short distance event: Good question...
    Next non-Disney Half: TBD
    Next runDisney event: W&D Two Course Challenge & 5k