Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: More Mouse: The Vacation Kingdom of the World: Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff

More Mouse: The Vacation Kingdom of the World: Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade

The Vacation Kingdom of the World: Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade by Tom Richards

Join us as we bid a fond farewell to this Animal Kingdom parade.

Read it here!

2. # ADS

I'll certainly will miss this parade. It was a lot of fun.

One of the things I noticed, as a huge Donald Duck fan, was that several character floats (Minnie, Goofy, one other that I can't remember) have some DD items hanging on them. Minnie has a Donald floatie, as does Goofy's float. Not sure what significance this holds, other than "rubber Donald Duckies" being throughout the parade. Maybe someone knows something more about it.

Working for Disney. No, no. Working (in a Modesto office) for (the money to take a trip to) Disney (World/Land)

WDW Trips: June 2002, Feb 2004, Dec 2006, Dec 2008, Jan 2010, Feb 2011, Dec 2012
    Disneyland Trips: Feb 2006, Nov 2013, Nov 2014, Feb, March, June 2015 (x2), Nov 2015

I'll miss this one for sure. I really enjoyed it on almost all visits to DAK. Even without the big speakers found in the other theme parks the music was still catchy and the floats colorful. I hope that once Pandora opens, they'll begin a new daytime parade.

You didn't mention my favorite part of this parade which was the animal puppet-floats. These were large and colorful animals that were pulled/worn by performers and could interact with the crowd. They were some of the most creative parade units I have seen.