Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Can you pool hop between Art of Animation and Pop Century?

Can you pool hop between Art of Animation and Pop Century?

Just wondering....

If you can dream it, you can do it. ~ Walt Disney ~
    1982 Off-site, BC 9/01, ASMo 1/04, ASMu 8-9/08, POFQ 4/09, BC/POR 7/10, AKL and Wyndham Grand Resort at Bonnet Creek 7&8/12, CS 11/12, Disney Dream 3/13, POR and BW 12/13-1/14, Pop Century 7/14, Fort Wilderness 8/15, POR/AoA (MNSSHP and Food and Wine Festival 10/15), Fort Wilderness 7/16, Off-site 12/16, Off-site 12/17, Off-site 12/18 and Disney Magic, 7/19 Off-site DL/DCA

2. # ADS

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Good question. I have no idea.

Cathy

Does anyone have an update on this question? I'm thinking of booking a stay at the PoP and walking across the bridge to Art to tour the grounds. It sure would be cool to be able to try out their pool.

GnP

Team MousePlanet
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

I can't speak of what the formal policy is, but so much of what you can do is based on how you behave.

If you are staying across the street at PoP, I suspect if you quietly and calmly walk over to the pool at Art, they won't tell you to leave, especially if you clearly wear your MagicBand to show that you are a resort guest.

Nobody has ever harassed me when using the pool for the resort I'm staying at. As long as you look like you belong there, don't make a fuss, and behave nicely, you probably won't get in trouble.

MousePlanet Staff Copy Editor. Keep calm and carry on! Learn how you can travel with just your carry-ons, at my Travelite FAQ! Go Team MousePlanet! My dream came true! I qualified for the 2016 Boston Marathon. Required finish time: 4:00. My BQ time: 3:54:48! All-time marathons completed: 11; halfs: 45.

Some people are worth melting for oregontraveler's Avatar

I was going to say the same thing as Lani. BUT looking at GoogleEarth it appears they have actual gates around the 2 main pools, so you might have a problem after all. The MagicBand might not work across the pond afterall.

I'll be sure to give both hotels a call to see if you can. I'm not sure if I'll be going in August or not. It was brutally hot here last year in Aug. It might be best to stay home indoors.

But thanks so much for the replies!
    GnP

AoA's pool is fenced and gated so you probably need to scan your band to get in.

If I am not mistaken, WDW is in the process of fencing all of their feature pools.

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by libbylovespluto View Post
    AoA's pool is fenced and gated so you probably need to scan your band to get in.

If I am not mistaken, WDW is in the process of fencing all of their feature pools.
    My brain was remembering (probably incorrectly) that ALL the pools were being fenced, quiet and feature.
    Cathy

First, please let me apologize for being so late with this information. I simply forgot all about this post, so I do apologize.

Anyway, I called the Pop Century resort directly and spoke with their CM directly. Unfortunately Pop guests cannot use the AA pools. Pop guests can walk across the bridge and look at the resort. And they can eat there and shop in the AA gift shop. But they are not allowed to use the pools. So if anyone wants to experience the underwater sounds in the AA pool they would need to book a room there.

I hope this helps!
    GnP

We did walk over to the resort and looked around. They have gates to the pool that you open with your magic band. One gate was wide open. I did for a moment think about going in...so I could stick my head under...just so I could hear Dory...but I am pretty sure my teenagers would have disowned me over that one! Ha! Ha!

It looks like a great resort to stay at though!

1982 Off-site, BC 9/01, ASMo 1/04, ASMu 8-9/08, POFQ 4/09, BC/POR 7/10, AKL and Wyndham Grand Resort at Bonnet Creek 7&8/12, CS 11/12, Disney Dream 3/13, POR and BW 12/13-1/14, Pop Century 7/14, Fort Wilderness 8/15, POR/AoA (MNSSHP and Food and Wine Festival 10/15), Fort Wilderness 7/16, Off-site 12/16, Off-site 12/17, Off-site 12/18 and Disney Magic, 7/19 Off-site DL/DCA

Quote Originally Posted by mickeymom5 View Post
    We did walk over to the resort and looked around. They have gates to the pool that you open with your magic band. One gate was wide open. I did for a moment think about going in...so I could stick my head under...just so I could hear Dory...but I am pretty sure my teenagers would have disowned me over that one! Ha! Ha!

It looks like a great resort to stay at though!
    Hi Mickeymom5, Can you tell me if it was a long walk over the bridge to the food court? See, I was thinking of staying at PoP and then walking across the bridge to look over the AA grounds and try out their food court. But I'm thinking that it's going to be too hot for that. Hmmm, let's put it this way. When I stay at Riverside, I actually drive my car to the front to eat and will also drive it to Port Orleans to eat there. So I thought if I stayed at the PoP I would get a room in the far building with the shortest drive to AA and visit that way. What do you think? You know how bad the heat was in July and it's worse now.

GnP

Quote Originally Posted by Goodnplenty View Post
    Hi Mickeymom5, Can you tell me if it was a long walk over the bridge to the food court? See, I was thinking of staying at PoP and then walking across the bridge to look over the AA grounds and try out their food court. But I'm thinking that it's going to be too hot for that. Hmmm, let's put it this way. When I stay at Riverside, I actually drive my car to the front to eat and will also drive it to Port Orleans to eat there. So I thought if I stayed at the PoP I would get a room in the far building with the shortest drive to AA and visit that way. What do you think? You know how bad the heat was in July and it's worse now.

GnP
    The walk over isn't that bad. The bridge is straight off the back of the main pool at Pop. It takes you straight to the main part of AoA...near the Nemo Pool. I believe the total distance from pool to pool is probably no more than 1/2 mile. Depending where your room is at Pop it could be too long of a walk for you. We were so tired from park storming the day before we only made it through the Cars section. The Lion King and Little Mermaid section just looked too far away at the time.

It was a hot walk...no shade! If you look on youtube somebody has posted the walk over...that might help you decide.

I hope that helps!

Happy Planning!

Thanks so much MM5! I sure appreciate the info.

GnP

To answer the question, the policy of the resorts, regarding pools, is that the resort pool are limited to that resorts guests. I have "pool hopped" several times and I have only been asked to leave once. I was told that policy when asked to leave. The time I was asked to leave was at Art of Animation when they first opened. The CM asked for my Key to the world and I gave to CM. Found out I was staying at Pop Century and asked me to leave. However, this happened when the resort first opened. If anyone knows anything about resorts or attractions that first open, you know they are strict on the rules at first. I am sure you can get away with it now but just know that if they find out that you are not staying at the resort you are swimming at, you will be asked to leave.

Self-proclaimed Diz nut TinaMouse's Avatar

Not to get into a pool hopping discussion, but yes, that is the policy. You are to use the pool at your hotel. They monitor the numbers and if you can't get into your own pool(s) because it is too filled, it would be a shame. You paid to use THAT pool. At Yacht and Beach Clubs, you must use your magicband to get in the pool area. If you aren't staying there, you can't get in.

The one caveat to the above rule has been at POR/POFQ. You may use either pool.

Working hard for that next WDW trip!

Pool hopping irritates me. I didn't pay to share my hotel pool with guests from another resort , nor they for me to jump in with them. Sorry. This is a pet peeve of mine. I liked the system at the Beach Club when we stayed there and it was very well enforced during our August trip.

If no-one out there understands, start your own revolution and cut out the middle man (Billy Bragg)

I agree, Scoobydooby!

Even though, the gate was open at Art of Animation, I stayed on the outside to take my pictures.

My sis-in-law camps a lot at Ft. Wilderness, and she says they are strict there about checking at the pool to see whether or not you are a guest there.