Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Refurbs Jan/Feb

Refurbs Jan/Feb

My family is looking at going to Disney World the end of January or sometime in February of 2015. I know these months are typically when big refurbs happen. Any of you WDW frequenters have a guess on what rides need / may be refurbed this year?

Expedition Everest and Rock N Rollercoaster would be two that we can't miss.

thanks for any info/guesses you have!

2. # ADS

Quote Originally Posted by WaltDisneyFanatic View Post
    My family is looking at going to Disney World the end of January or sometime in February of 2015. I know these months are typically when big refurbs happen. Any of you WDW frequenters have a guess on what rides need / may be refurbed this year?

Expedition Everest and Rock N Rollercoaster would be two that we can't miss.

thanks for any info/guesses you have!
    We've been in late January/early February 4-5 times. I think the only ride that is predictably refurbed that time of year is Splash Mountain. It's refurb is scheduled for January almost every year, and it often runs into the beginning of February. Kali is sometimes down for refurb. I don't remember any other rides that are usually scheduled for refurb that time of year, but I could be wrong. There are certainly other rides that are closed, but it varies. EE and RnRC have never been under refurb during our visits in the past.

It can be frustrating when rides are down, even more so when they are favorites, but the up side is the quietness of the parks and being able to do so much more than the busy times. When the attractions that are down are announced they will be posted in the WDW weekly update on Mouseplanet. I bet ya you will have a great time even if a couple are down for rehab.

Have fun, cheers Larry.

Check out my Disney Blog - Photographing Disney, Mainly Photos but some of the old Larry Humour/Humor - http://www.photographingdisney.blogspot.com

We got to Disneyland a lot during refurb season and don't mind, we also like the lower crowds, it's just that we're West Coast-ers and this will be our last trip to Disney World together as a family as my parents are getting older, so we didn't want to miss their favorites.

I am planning a Disney World trip for next year and EXPEDITION EVEREST, 7 DWARVES and ROCK AND ROLLER COASTER are all new to me....how long in advance do they post the refurbs?????

Any of you WDW frequenters have a guess on what rides need / may be refurbed this year?
    I've mentioned this before, but I remember long before the internet, going up to the DL gates to find out what rides were closed for the day. If the Haunted Mansion or Pirates were closed it was devastating, but it was important to recover quickly and not let it ruin your day. I like the current system better, where you know going in what's going to be closed.
    The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post
    I've mentioned this before, but I remember long before the internet, going up to the DL gates to find out what rides were closed for the day. If the Haunted Mansion or Pirates were closed it was devastating, but it was important to recover quickly and not let it ruin your day. I like the current system better, where you know going in what's going to be closed.
    Aye concur, Matey. Although we did not get to ride the SDMT in March, we still rather enjoyed the trip.
    Nick Andrews, DL misc74-76,85,91,12/11,1/13, WDW 78,83,85,1/92-8/92,95,99,04x8,5/11,2/12, 9/12,6/13,3/14,11/14,3/15,9/15,4/16,9/16,12/16,4/17,11/17,4/18,10/18,1/19,5/19,10/19, 2/20, 9/20, 1/21, DLP 3/20
    Magic Kingdom Cast Member 1/92-8/92 (WDW CP) 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea

My family is looking at going to Disney World the end of January or sometime in February of 2015. I know these months are typically when big refurbs happen. Any of you WDW frequenters have a guess on what rides need / may be refurbed this year? Expedition Everest and Rock N Rollercoaster would be two that we can't miss. thanks for any info/guesses you have!
    Hi WDF, the only other regularly scheduled Jan refurb would also include 1 of the water parks.

I stay on property every Jan for the great deals, low crowds and cool weather. It wouldn't stop me from going even if they closed 1 entire park. There's just so much to do. It's absolutely 1 of the best times to go.

I'm sure that you and your family will have a Magical time!
    GnP

GnP said it- the Post New Years/pre Presidents wknd timeframe is the nicest time to go in my opinion.
    We've experienced Splash Mountain being down, as well as haunted mansion & space mountain over the years...not all at same time though! And usually one of the two water parks. Oh but the weather (especially if you are from up north) and low crowds more than make up for it!

We usually go this time of year to DL and there are usually some rides closed (Splash Mountain) mainly, but then only the parents ride that one anyways.

Hoping for the same when we go to WDW. I'd be sad if POC was closed. (I could live on that ride!) But I LOVE coming from the north during the middle of winter!! And the small crowds make up for it!