Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: need advice on a couple properties to stay

need advice on a couple properties to stay

Traveling to Disney in Sept. Started out staying at Riverside then the free dining became available. So I switched to Caribbean Beach. I read several reviews( not al bad) but some were rooms smaller, beds small doubles (no big deal) large resort 7 bus stops. gave it some thought and changed to Pop Cnetury. Stayed there several times and really like it but wanted a moderate. Don't care about free dining we opted for discounted room. Now I think I really want either Riverside stayed there years ago when Dixie Landing or French Quarter. I like the smallness of FQ but not really into the food court.
    I am a cancer surviior.I just want some RR with my oldest favorite niece and to destress the last 8 months of hell.Which one? I like the boat to Downtown Disney too. I know everyone has an opionion but can you shed some light to help me decide? Or should I stay with POP?
    Not interested in Coronado Springs.

2. # ADS

Quote Originally Posted by pj4963 View Post
    Traveling to Disney in Sept. Started out staying at Riverside then the free dining became available. So I switched to Caribbean Beach. I read several reviews( not al bad) but some were rooms smaller, beds small doubles (no big deal) large resort 7 bus stops. gave it some thought and changed to Pop Cnetury. Stayed there several times and really like it but wanted a moderate. Don't care about free dining we opted for discounted room. Now I think I really want either Riverside stayed there years ago when Dixie Landing or French Quarter. I like the smallness of FQ but not really into the food court.
    I am a cancer surviior.I just want some RR with my oldest favorite niece and to destress the last 8 months of hell.Which one? I like the boat to Downtown Disney too. I know everyone has an opionion but can you shed some light to help me decide? Or should I stay with POP?
    Have you thought about French Quarter? The grounds are so peaceful, and it is a much, much smaller resort compared to Riverside; we are off in 19 days to spend an 8-night stay at there. This will be our third time saying there and we love it obviously. Prior to that we enjoyed Pop Century, and I will be staying there again someday, as I love the theming and the grounds. Take a look at Allears.net; they have nice coverage of all the resorts and some great feedback about people's experiences.
    1999 - Coronado; 2003 - DL's Paradise Pier ; 2005 - All Star Music; 2007 - POP; 2008 - Paradise Pier; 2009 - POP ; 2010 - Dolphin; 2011 - POP; 2012 - POFQ; 2013 - POFQ; 2014 - POFQ; 2015 - Art of Animation; 2016 - Pop; July 2017 - POFQ

What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas, but what happens at Disney stays with you a lifetime

POR is, in my opinion anyway, the most beautifully landscaped of all the WDW resorts, including the Deluxes. I also like French Quarter but find the access to quiet pools at Riverside a big bonus and for my family's tastes the food court suits us better. Nice restaurant there too. I always book a preferred room there though because it is massive. So for me, I'd choose POR. The only reason I have chosen not to stay there next trip is because with two older teens the rooms are just too small now.

If no-one out there understands, start your own revolution and cut out the middle man (Billy Bragg)

Ps. All the moderate resort rooms are exactly the same size.

If no-one out there understands, start your own revolution and cut out the middle man (Billy Bragg)

Quote Originally Posted by pj4963 View Post
    Why not? It's by far my favorite of the moderates!
    The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor