Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 Princess Half Marathon Weekend

Contributing Writer RunningFool's Avatar
    Blog Entries

2015 Princess Half Marathon Weekend

We don't have prices yet but we do have confirmation of a 2015 Pink C2C medal for completing both Princess and Tinker Bell in 2015. Note, however, it does still say Tinker is in January but then changes to May.

In 2015, any participant who completes both the Tinker Bell Half Marathon in January at Disneyland Resort and the Disney Princess Half Marathon in February at Walt Disney World Resort will earn a special pink version of the runDisney Coast to Coast Race Challenge Medal.*

*Both the Tinker Bell Half Marathon in May and the Disney Princess Half Marathon must be completed in calendar year 2015 for runners to be eligible to receive the pink Coast to Coast Race Challenge medal. Runners deferring one or both of the Tinker Bell Half Marathon and/or 2015 the Disney Princess Half Marathon race entries to 2016, will not be eligible to receive the pink Coast to Coast Race Challenge
    medal.

Adding in AP/DVC links (login and passwords required)

Disney World AP: https://t.co/V1CfCEE03f
    Disneyland AP: https://t.co/ndRLIG86kI
    DVC: https://dvcmember.disney.go.com/

Starting list of Princesses and Princes (unconfirmed until actual registration)

* Glass Slipper Challenge Participant

Disney Princess Half Marathon
    *mmaus1962
    *RunningFool

Disney Enchanted 10k
    *mmaus1962
    *RunningFool

Disney Princess 5k
    *mmaus1962
    *RunningFool

runDisney Kids Races

Active.com registration link http://www.active.com/framed/event_d...ENT_ID=2119594

Last edited by RunningFool; 07-15-2014 at 08:08 AM.
    RunningFool

Next non-Disney short distance event: Good question...
    Next non-Disney Half: TBD
    Next runDisney event: W&D Two Course Challenge & 5k

2. # ADS

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I thought they said pink C2C was one year only?

Cathy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Drince88 View Post
    I thought they said pink C2C was one year only?
    You are correct. runDisney said it was one year only. Surprised?
    RunningFool

Registered User fairestoneofall's Avatar
    Blog Entries

PHM/GSC weekend was one of the most fun of my life! I traveled with a fabulous group of ladies and we laughed so much that my face and abs hurt for days. As much fun as it was, I have almost zero desire to run the PHM/Donald course again any time soon. The 10k course wasn't awesome either. BUT, if you're looking for a fun filled girly weekend this is probably a good choice for you.

If you can dream it, you can do it. ~Walt Disney

Blog Entries

I know the question come up what distances can (or can't) be deferred at runDisney events. The Princess Half Marathon posted their deferment process and only the half marathon is eligible.

If you are currently registered for The Disney Princess Half Marathon in 2015 you may defer your registration to The Disney Princess Half Marathon in 2016 subject to availability, on or before February 5, 2015.

Deferral requests will be assessed a $45 processing fee if completed by January 8, 2015. Deferral requests will be assessed a $70 processing fee if completed between January 9 and February 5, 2015.

Deferrals are not allowed for The Royal Family 5K, runDisney Kids Races, or any other race weekend purchases.

The deferral link will be available September 15, 2014.

RunningFool

Blog Entries

What about the 10k?

Cathy

Blog Entries
    What about the 10k?
    I would say given they only called out the Princess Half and added in this note

Deferrals are not allowed for The Royal Family 5K, runDisney Kids Races, or any other race weekend purchases

that the 10k can't be deferred.
    RunningFool

Blog Entries

I thought the 'other purchases' would be things like the pasta party/whatever.

Cathy

Blog Entries
    I thought the 'other purchases' would be things like the pasta party/whatever.
    Don't know. I've pinged runDisney to see if we can get clarification re: 10k.
    RunningFool

Blog Entries

Good news! I heard back from runDisney regarding deferrals. You CAN defer both the 10k and the Glass Slipper Challenge. Hopefully they will update their website to include this information but at least we have confirmation.

Thank you for your inquiry. Deferrals may be requested for all runDisney races of distance 10K and above; in this instance, they are available for the Disney Princess Enchanted 10K, the Disney Princess Half Marathon, and the Glass Slipper Challenge. Please note that a race registration may only be deferred to the same race distance during the same race weekend; for example, if you are currently registered for the Disney Princess Enchanted 10K in 2015, you may defer to the Disney Princess Enchanted 10K in 2016, but not to the Glass Slipper Challenge.

Please let us know if we can offer further clarification.

Have a magical day!
    runDisney

RunningFool

Blog Entries

Don't forget with all the excitement of the Star Wars Half Marathon weekend registration happening this month, registration for the 2015 Princess Half Marathon weekend opens Tuesday July 15th (AP/ DVC early reg opens Wednesday July 9th). It's the 7th annual event and the 2nd Glass Slipper Challenge.

Prices have yet to be posted. As soon as we see 'um, we'll post 'um here. Proof of time for corral placement must be from a 10k or longer event completed after February 1, 2013. You have until December 1, 2014 to provide or update your proof of time.

RunningFool

Registered User fairestoneofall's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RunningFool View Post
    Don't forget with all the excitement of the Star Wars Half Marathon weekend registration happening this month, registration for the 2015 Princess Half Marathon weekend opens Tuesday July 15th (AP/ DVC early reg opens Wednesday July 9th). It's the 7th annual event and the 2nd Glass Slipper Challenge.

Prices have yet to be posted. As soon as we see 'um, we'll post 'um here. Proof of time for corral placement must be from a 10k or longer event completed after February 1, 2013. You have until December 1, 2014 to provide or update your proof of time.
    Thanks goodness my rD challenge is financially over! I remember this time last year camping out over registration spots. So stressful. Now all I have to do is finish running.
    If you can dream it, you can do it. ~Walt Disney

Blog Entries

In the search of Princess pricing I reached out to runDisney. They responded (very quickly I might add!) with the following.

Thank you for your inquiry. You are correct that registration fees haven't been published quite yet! Registration fees for the Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend events are being finalized. Please refer to www.rundisney.com for further information as the registration date approaches. For a reference point, you may refer to the Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend prices; pricing will be similiar to those race registrations.

Thank you,
    runDisney

Rather odd we're a month away from early AP/DVC registration opening and they are still finalizing pricing.

RunningFool

Princess Half Marathon Weekend

I was looking at some of the info on the website regarding the Princess Half Marathon Weekend Events - my understanding is that regardless of what event you participate in (5K, 10K, half marathon), if you are unable to keep up the pace of 16min/mile they will take you off the course?

Blog Entries

They CAN take you off the course, yes.
    Adrienne wrote a great article this week about Sweeping.

Cathy

They CAN take you off the course, yes.
    Adrienne wrote a great article this week about Sweeping.
    Thank you, I will go look for that now.

Blog Entries

Finally, we have pricing! Who is in for the 2015 Princess Half Marathon Weekend?

Entry Fees and Deadlines
    Disney Princess Half Marathon presented by Children's Miracle Network Hospitals
    •$170 by September 1, 2014
    •$185 between September 2 and October 21, 2014
    •$200 on or after October 22, 2014

Disney Enchanted 10K presented by Children's Miracle Network Hospitals
    •$105 by September 1, 2014
    •$120 between September 2 and October 21, 2014
    •$135 on or after October 22, 2014

Glass Slipper Challenge presented by Children's Miracle Network Hospitals
    •$295 by September 1, 2014
    •$320 between September 2 and October 21, 2014
    •$345 on or after October 22, 2014

Disney Princess 5K presented by Children's Miracle Network Hospitals
    •$60 per participant by November 25, 2014
    •$70 per participant on or after November 26, 2014

runDisneyKids Races - Dashes
    •$15 per participant by November 25, 2014
    •$20 per participant on or after November 26, 2014

runDisneyKids Races – 1 Mile Run
    •$30 per participant by November 25, 2014
    •$35 per participant on or after November 26, 2014

Pasta in the Park Party Tickets
    •$54 for Adults (ages 10 and up)
    •$30 for Children (ages 3 – 9)
    •Children Under 3 are free

Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend Breakfast
    •$39 for Adults (ages 10 and up)
    •$26 for Children (ages 3 – 9)

ChEAR Squad
    •Bronze – No Charge
    •Silver – $39 per package
    •Gold – $65 per package
    •Platinum Half - $120 per package

Race Retreat
    •Disney Princess Half Marathon presented by Children's Miracle Network Hospitals – $120

RunningFool

As I mentioned in the Star Wars Half thread, I hope to sign up next month for the Glass Slipper Challenge and earn my C2C medal. (Thank you for adding my name to all the race rosters, RunningFool.)

Can anyone who has previously participated in the Princess events provide some feedback on whether Pasta in the Park Party, the Breakfast, and/or the Race Retreat are worth doing?

Thank you!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mmaus1962 View Post
    As I mentioned in the Star Wars Half thread, I hope to sign up next month for the Glass Slipper Challenge and earn my C2C medal. (Thank you for adding my name to all the race rosters, RunningFool.)

Can anyone who has previously participated in the Princess events provide some feedback on whether Pasta in the Park Party, the Breakfast, and/or the Race Retreat are worth doing?

Thank you!
    Personal opinions so others please chime in. Pasta Party was very loud and I didn't find it worth the money. Haven't tried the Breakfast. Two of my running buddies (Texans in Tieras) LOVE the Race Retreat and purchase it every year.
    RunningFool

Personal opinions so others please chime in. Pasta Party was very loud and I didn't find it worth the money. Haven't tried the Breakfast. Two of my running buddies (Texans in Tieras) LOVE the Race Retreat and purchase it every year.
    Thanks...I've attended two Pasta Parties and didn't enjoy them much, so I think I will give this one a miss, also.

As best I can tell, if you sign up for the Race Retreat, you wouldn't need to sign up for the breakfast, is that correct? Out of curiosity, does anyone have an idea why something like the Race Retreat is not offered at any of the Disneyland events? Lack of space, perhaps?

As best I can tell, if you sign up for the Race Retreat, you wouldn't need to sign up for the breakfast, is that correct? Out of curiosity, does anyone have an idea why something like the Race Retreat is not offered at any of the Disneyland events? Lack of space, perhaps?
    There is plenty of food at the Race Retreat, so you wouldn't need to do the breakfast. I think you're correct about this option not being offered at DL; the tent takes up a large area, but WDW has plenty of space in the Epcot parking lot.

Quote Originally Posted by stan4d_steph View Post
    There is plenty of food at the Race Retreat, so you wouldn't need to do the breakfast. I think you're correct about this option not being offered at DL; the tent takes up a large area, but WDW has plenty of space in the Epcot parking lot.
    Thanks for your input, stan4d_steph. I think the Race Retreat might be worth a try as a reward for completing the 5k and Glass Slipper Challenge. (Of course, that's assuming I manage to get registered for them. I swear that getting registered for runDisney events is far more unnerving than race mornings.)

Do we need to submit proof of time for the 10K or 5K if we're NOT claiming that we're going to finish by a certain time?

Blog Entries
    Thanks for your input, stan4d_steph. I think the Race Retreat might be worth a try as a reward for completing the 5k and Glass Slipper Challenge. (Of course, that's assuming I manage to get registered for them. I swear that getting registered for runDisney events is far more unnerving than race mornings.)
    One other thing to consider might be the participant demographics. I believe that a very large percentage of Disneyland half marathon event participants are local i.e,. they would be showing up closer to the start time and then hopping in a car after finishing the event. Given there is a much larger contingent of travelers attending WDW events, there would be more incentive to stop and nosh in a nice tent before and/or afterwards before busing back to hotels.

Just a thought.
    RunningFool

One other thing to consider might be the participant demographics. I believe that a very large percentage of Disneyland half marathon event participants are local i.e,. they would be showing up closer to the start time and then hopping in a car after finishing the event. Given there is a much larger contingent of travelers attending WDW events, there would be more incentive to stop and nosh in a nice tent before and/or afterwards before busing back to hotels.

Just a thought.
    I hadn't thought about that, but you're right; guest demographics are quite different between the two resorts.