Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Blue Bayou - need tips and have questions...

Blue Bayou - need tips and have questions...

Hi everyone! We are planning a trip to Disneyland after 3 years of saving up for it and plan to dine at the Blue Bayou during the trip. It will be the first time dining there for my husband and 2 kids(age 5 and 9) and I haven't been there since I was 13(ahem, DECADES ago). I have a few questions:

What are the other vegetarian options that have been available if you don't want the portobello? I have seen others ask for alternatives and were able to get some.

When is the quietest time to dine there? Our trip will be Monday-Thursday in middle august and we would like to be there and get a water table. I was thinking an early lunch or early dinner would be best?

Do the glow cubes work after the restaurant? Could the kids take them home?

What is the best dish that they currently have(we won't order the Monte Cristo due to stomach issues with deep fried things)

Any other tips to make it a memorable experience for all of us would be greatly appreciated! we are sooooo excited!

2. # ADS

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I can only answer one. The glow cubes DEFINITELY will work at home.

Cathy

I've heard the best chance getting a water table is first lunch seating.

I can attest that the glue cubes work at home. I have an entire drawer full if them.

The first seating is 11 or 11:30. We just arrive early for our ADR time and are willing to wait, we have never not been granted our request, but know that it is a request.

Quote Originally Posted by candles71 View Post
    The first seating is 11 or 11:30. We just arrive early for our ADR time and are willing to wait, we have never not been granted our request, but know that it is a request.
    This the exact same thing that we do and also have always had our request granted. A few times we have had to wait up to 45 min extra but we have done it with a smile. We also realize that it is a request

To clarify, we never make our ADR for lunch, always for dinner around 5 ish. LIKE I said we check in early and make sure they know we are willing to wait. Usually takes about 45 minutes. The last trip, a gentleman got a bit put out when we were seated before them but the CM politely informed him that we had a reservation.

We always make our reservations for lunch and the earliest seating possible. We don't mind waiting and actually enjoy people watching while we are there. We also use a lot of smiles, please and thank yous too when we put in our request. Also always tell them we are more than willing to wait.

Cruising the Seas... Looking for the Pearl

I agree with making the first reservation of the day. Also it isn't so bad waiting and people are very nice. Just don't have someone stray too far with the kiddos as the entire party needs to be there before they will seat you. If you miss the first seating, they turn the tables about every 40 minutes so you will have a 45 - 60 minute wait. But the kids might like this down time and they can people watch too

Food, we've had the Monte Cristo, salmon, jambalaya and chicken breast. The food was good, the server was great, the atmosphere was what we were paying for and we enjoyed it. I am not aware of any other vegetarian options. Perhaps the dining line might know?