Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Using the ART for the first time...help

Using the ART for the first time...help

We will stay at the Ayers during our trip and wondered about taking the ART. How has your exerience been and are there any tips that help the experience go better? We will have 4 of us -me, hubby, kids ages 5 and 9.
    Thanks so much!

2. # ADS

We have had no issues using it. The only time we found it difficult was when we had 2 in a stroller because at night when they're both sleeping it was a pain to carry 2 toddlers and try folding and hauling the stroller on and off the bus.

I haven't used it going to the parks but I have used it going to Knotts and going to a mall it was easy and pleasant. Just buy your pass ahead of time. I would actually do it online next time I plan on using the ART.

Keep a cap on your radiator & a smile on your bumper

Which Ayres? Anaheim or Orange? Worked beautifully the last two times we stayed at Orange. I'll be happy to help if that's the one.

Find out what time they go on lunch, in 2009 there was difficulties catching a bus from the park at 3-430, or maybe it was shift change. It really backed up and had to wait for another bus. have not ridden it since on the last two visits as we have taken the day off before using our 3 day hopper.

Out of this world for Disney DwarfPlanet's Avatar
    Blog Entries

DW and I now go without bothering to rent a car due to we started using the ART a few years ago. One thing to look at is check to see where your hotel is in the pickup/dropoff route. If your at Ayres Orange it looks like your the first stop which means your first on going to DL and first off coming from DL.

Also check at the desk for some hotels sell ART passes in lobby but they are cash only.

"Although we think it's DOPEY that Pluto has been downgraded to a dwarf planet, which has made some people GRUMPY and others just SLEEPY, we are not BASHFUL in saying we would be HAPPY if Disney's Pluto would join us as an 8th dwarf. We think this is just what the DOC ordered and is nothing to SNEEZE at."

Quote Originally Posted by curtsinore View Post
    Find out what time they go on lunch, in 2009 there was difficulties catching a bus from the park at 3-430, or maybe it was shift change. It really backed up and had to wait for another bus. have not ridden it since on the last two visits as we have taken the day off before using our 3 day hopper.
    Yep! Definitely ask the driver about that day's lunch break (they could vary each day). During our last 5-day visit, we had different drivers each day, but on the 5th day, we had a repeat one. They were all very nice and helpful and will answer any questions you may have.

If you're on the Ayres Orange route, it's changed since we were there in November 2013. Crystal Cathedral is still on the route, but we never had to stop there.....no one was ever waiting there to be picked up.

It helps to check the schedules online, check at your hotel's front desk, and find out if it's on a every 20-minute, 30-minute, whatever pick up schedule. It also helps to have the ART desk number to call, in case there's a problem.

To be fair, we didn't have small children with us, but it's similar to herding them around to any attraction at Disneyland, really. You may have a little wait, but then you get on the bus and it's "off we goooooooooooooo". So nice to stop walking!