Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: I have one non-park day unplanned!

I have one non-park day unplanned!

Yikes! I have one remaining non-park day as yet unplanned and my mind is going round in circles trying to pick and choose what to do that day. My party consists of two adults. We have 10 days of park hopping, one day at Disney Quest, Mickey's Christmas party day, and Mickey's Halloween party day. There is one day open on Tuesday Nov 11th.
    What I can't decide is between these choices for that one day:
    1. Fort Wilderness exploration day with Hood-Dee-Doo
    or
    2. Getting a Mears shuttle to Universal Studios
    or
    3. Getting a Mears shuttle to Islands of Adventure/Harry Potter Wizarding World.

I can't decide...Any suggestions?

Disneyland ~ Forever Close To My Heart ~

2. # ADS

Quote Originally Posted by coronado_g View Post
    We have 10 days of park hopping, one day at Disney Quest, Mickey's Christmas party day, and Mickey's Halloween party day. There is one day open on Tuesday Nov 11th.
    What I can't decide is between these choices for that one day:
    1. Fort Wilderness exploration day with Hood-Dee-Doo
    or
    2. Getting a Mears shuttle to Universal Studios
    or
    3. Getting a Mears shuttle to Islands of Adventure/Harry Potter Wizarding World.

I can't decide...Any suggestions?
    First - can I tell you how jealous I am that you are going for 2 weeks? I would just love to be able to take that much time off work without worry.

Okay, with that out of the way, I believe by the time you are going Harry Potter will be in both Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure. So if Harry Potter is important to you, and your finances allow, I would consider getting a park-hopper ticket and doing both Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure. Like Disneyland and CA Adventure in California, those two parks are within easy walking distance of each other and with a park-hopper ticket you will be able to take a Hogwarts train from one to the other shortly.

I've never done the Hoop-Dee-Doo but it is on my bucket list. Ultimately it comes down to what pace you are looking for and how much you like rides. I'm assuming you are pro-theme park or you wouldn't be going for as long as you are? As such, I LOVE Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure/Harry Potter. Between those two, right now I would vote for Islands of Adventure, but I know I will want to see the Harry Potter Expansion on my next trip. If you go on a slow day and are able/willing to park storm all day long, you can probably see most of both parks.

If you would prefer a slower pace, there is a decent amount to see at Fort Wilderness.

I have spent an INORDINATE amount of time trying to make a decision on this one day! That is a good suggestion on the Universal park-hopper. We could then get to see and do the most fabulous choices in each park. Would probably be necessary for a front-of-line pass for both parks too. That would be are very expensive day!

If you've never been, Kennedy Space Center is a great way to spend a day. The tours are reasonably priced. It's about an hour drive from WDW. If you don't have a car, you can rent one for the day at the Car Care Center (Alamo and National rentals) and they offer a shuttle to take you to and from your resort on both ends of your rental.

Who knows, they may even have a launch that day!

My traveling companion and I are truly theme-park people who like to immerse in all-Disney 24/7 for the entirety of a trip to WDW. Thus, I feel that, although the one day trip to Islands of Adventure would be lots of fun, the day trip to Wilderness Lodge and Hoop-Dee-Doo would be more Disney magical. I hope I have made the right decision...

Self-proclaimed Diz nut TinaMouse's Avatar

It's made. Don't look back. Not exactly a bad decision to be made, right? Have fun at Hoop-Dee-Do.

Working hard for that next WDW trip!

Some people are worth melting for oregontraveler's Avatar

Considering how big the World is, I think taking a day off and re-charging the batteries is a better choice. Enjoy the trip.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by oregontraveler View Post
    Considering how big the World is, I think taking a day off and re-charging the batteries is a better choice. Enjoy the trip.
    Re-charging the batteries in/around your resort pool is nice and then perhaps a stroll thru Downtown Disney to partake of a (Disney?) film at the AMC multi-plex...
    Wishing i could be at WDW...