Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Important parking advice for MouseAdventure Card Games

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

Important parking advice for MouseAdventure Card Games

Hello teams. I've spoken with Disney about parking for this weekend, and have some VERY HELPFUL advice for you, depending on where you want to park:

1) IF you want to pay the $10 to park at the Paradise Pier Hotel, please arrive early. The lot is very small, and while they will open a small overflow section, there is no hope that 800 players worth of vehicles will be able to park there. If it's full when you get there, you get to look for a Plan B.

2) IF you want to park in Simba (the lot nearest the Paradise Pier Hotel that accepts AP parking passes), then your best hope is also to arrive early enough that you have time for a Plan B. Disney has confirmed that yes, this lot WILL be open for some indeterminate period of time Sunday morning, but could not promise when it will open or close. That means you risk getting there before it opens or after it's full, and having to go around and find another place to park.

Which leads us to what I consider to be THE BEST OPTION:

3) IF you want to park in Mickey and Friends, then you need to learn... the Flyover Trick. Much like the Goat Trick and MouseAdventure itself, the Flyover Trick will change the way you experience Disneyland forever.

The Disneyland Drive entrance to Mickey and Friends will be closed when most of you arrive for MouseAdventure, which means you will be re-routed either to Simba (if it's open) or to the Toy Story Lot (which is a good mile from where you need to be). Those of you who use Ball Road to get to Mickey and Friends will be stuck in this detour unless you use...The Flyover Trick.

Please refer to the map linked below to familiarize yourself with the general area. Your goal is to approach the Mickey and Friends parking structure from the north of Ball Road, using southbound Manchester / Disneyland Drive.

https://www.google.com/maps/@33.8174...17.9220202,17z

If you do this, before you reach Ball Road you should* be able to take the flyover OVER Ball Road and straight into the Mickey and Friends parking structure. If you miss the flyover and cross Ball Road, the second entrance will be closed and you'll be parking by the Convention Center.

Those of us who take the Southbound 5 and exit at Disneyland Drive know all about the flyover, but here are some directions for those coming from other directions:

• From the Northbound 5 - the fastest thing to do is keep going past Harbor, and exit at Lincoln. Turn LEFT onto Lincoln, then LEFT onto Manchester. Take Manchester back towards Disneyland. Once you cross South Street, stay in the leftmost lane to get onto the flyover. This is much faster than the Harbor - Ball - Disneyland Drive - U turn option. Yes, I've driven and timed it.
    • From the 57, or coming West across Ball Road - take Ball Road as usual to Disneyland Drive, but turn RIGHT at Disneyland Drive, AWAY from the parking structure. Stay on Manchester until after you pass the 5, then make a U turn as soon as it is safe and legal to do so - I think South Street is the first option, but you may have to go as far as Santa Ana street depending on traffic. Take Manchester back towards Disneyland. Stay in the leftmost lane to get onto the flyover - you'll have to move left at least two lanes after you pass the offramp from the South 5.
    • From Harbor, either direction - drive to Ball Road and head WEST. Turn RIGHT at Disneyland Drive, AWAY from the parking structure. Stay on Manchester until after you pass the 5, then make a U turn as soon as it is safe and legal to do so - I think South Street is the first option, but you may have to go as far as Santa Ana street depending on traffic. Take Manchester back towards Disneyland. Stay in the leftmost lane to get onto the flyover - you'll have to move left at least two lanes after you pass the offramp from the South 5.
    • Coming East across Ball Road - take Ball Road as usual to Disneyland Drive, but turn LEFT onto Disneyland Drive, AWAY from the parking structure. Stay on Manchester until after you pass the 5, then make a U turn as soon as it is safe and legal to do so - I think South Street is the first option, but you may have to go as far as Santa Ana street depending on traffic. Take Manchester back towards Disneyland. Stay in the leftmost lane to get onto the flyover - you'll have to move left at least two lanes after you pass the offramp from the South 5.

Those of you who use Katella or some other east / west street to reach the Resort can use the map to make your way to Ball and follow the directions above.

* It happens very rarely, but Disney does sometimes close the flyover. They've assured me it will be open Sunday, but I make no promises. Leave yourself plenty of time to park.
    Last edited by AVP; 04-25-2014 at 04:56 PM.
    If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

2. # ADS

Something I've noticed people have trouble with when coming from the 5 South- Only the carpool lane automatically feeds into the flyover. If you aren't in the carpool lane, as soon as you turn left off of the exit you need to immediately get into the left hand lane and stay left. My brother is mystified as to how I can park in Mickey and Friends when he is 2 minutes behind me and couldn't- he missed the flyover!

2015: Star Wars 10k + Avengers 10k
    2016: Star Wars 10k, Paris Half and 5k, Avengers Half
    2017: Star Wars Light Side Half, Star Wars Dark Side Half, Paris Half and 10k, Avengers 10k
    MouseAdventure Addict- Usually "Beware the Groove"

Why wouldn't it be open at 7:00? It says it opens an hour before the park opens and it opens at 8:00.

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BlewByYou View Post
    Why wouldn't it be open at 7:00? It says it opens an hour before the park opens and it opens at 8:00.
    Disney says the parking lots open an hour before the park - they don't promise which ones.

Disney likes to park and fill the other parking lots before Mickey and Friends on busy days, so they frequently have the Anaheim PD close the Disneyland Drive entrance to Mickey and Friends in the morning and divert arriving cars to Toy Story, Simba or Garden Walk (depending on projected attendance). The only way to get into Mickey and Friends if they've done this is 1) use the flyover as described or 2) have a disabled placard, in which case the police will let you enter.

Several teams have asked us for this information because of their past experience with Mickey and Friends. If you're comfortable with your parking plan, then go with what you know.
    If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.