Thread: More Mouse: Remembering the Magic - Horizons and Mission: SPACE

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff

More Mouse: Remembering the Magic - Horizons and Mission: SPACE

Remembering the Magic - Horizons and Mission: SPACE by Jonathan Heigl

Jonathan Heigl explores the history of Mission: SPACE

Read it here!

2. # ADS

Thank you for another fascinating and well-researched article!
    It is always a little sad when attractions change or disappear; however, nostalgia is a temptress who makes us forget reality, in my humble opinion. I say that because I enjoyed Horizons but felt none of the passion some others share when discussion turns to this long-lost attraction. (Nor do I miss World of Motion and its annoying theme song.) it was outdated when it closed and what the Imagineers built in its place is, for me, truly incredible.

Fun article. I never got a chance to do Horizons as my first trip to WDW was in 2002. I can say there was a lot of anticipation when I was there that summer, seeing the large plantes and facade being built. I couldn't wait to hit it in 2004 and M:S definitely lived up to it's billing. Thanks for the re-cap. I'll have to hit youtube and see if there's any good videos of Horizons.

BTW, anyone else think that the Horizons logo just looks like an upsidedown Pac Man?

Working for Disney. No, no. Working (in a Modesto office) for (the money to take a trip to) Disney (World/Land)

WDW Trips: June 2002, Feb 2004, Dec 2006, Dec 2008, Jan 2010, Feb 2011, Dec 2012
    Disneyland Trips: Feb 2006, Nov 2013

While I do think that Epcot needs its Mission Space, I think it should be where the Imagination pavilion is so that it will be on the same side as The Land and The Living Seas with Nemo. In its place, I think it should be a pavilion about communication. As for Horizons, I loved that ride but it needs to be more up to date, such as having the ending feel a little more realistic as though we were flying in those vehicles. I would place it opposite of where Spaceship Earth is to Innovations, so that Spaceship Earth would be about the Past, Innovations the Present, and Horizons the Future.