Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 18 of 41 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast

Thread: My WDW Trip Accomplishments of the day :) Part 4

Quote Originally Posted by ssmerdel View Post
    For our first night, we were staying at Hilton Bonnet Creek. I decided to borrow a few points, and stay one night at SSR. So now we have 1 night at SSR and 5 nights at OKW. Not too bad!
    I decided to borrow a few extra points and now we are leaving a day early and arriving on July 4th instead of the 5th. Our first two nights will be at Saratoga Springs Resort, and then we will move to Old Key West for 5 nights. Our dates are now July 4th - July 11. We will not arrive to WDW until around 7-8pm, so we are going to hang out at the resort, and maybe take a boat to DTD.

2. # ADS

That's crazy talk! If you're going to be there on the Mighty 4th you have to be at MK for the armageddon fireworks!

Quote Originally Posted by nickjandrews View Post
    That's crazy talk! If you're going to be there on the Mighty 4th you have to be at MK for the armageddon fireworks!
    We will be driving all day, leaving at 4am and arriving around 8pm. The goal is to drive straight through. I am guessing MK will be full on July 4th by the time we get there. I would love to go and see them. Just not sure it will be possible. Anyone have any thoughts on being able to get in that late?

Yeah it may be at full capacity. But if it is, go to the north end of the Contemporary and climb up the stairs towards the top for a great view.

Yeah it may be at full capacity. But if it is, go to the north end of the Contemporary and climb up the stairs towards the top for a great view.
    I was about to type the same thing... We watched HalloWishes from there one night (in lieu of paying another $60 or whatever for the party). Walk out on the patio under the monorails and you can go up the fire escape a few floors for a great vantage point. Also, Dans tip about going up the California Grill and just ordering from the bar might be an even better view.

Have fun!
    Joey

The few times we have flown in from Indiana we always landed straight in going south. We have seen WDW from the air as we leave from the right side.
    I've never flown over WDW on the way in, but a few times it can be seen out the right side of the plane on my way back to Dallas. Totally cool, especially when you spent the early part of the day in Epcot, and now you're flying over a place that you just were at!
    The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

We decided to try online check-in. Done! It will be interesting to see if we get a text while we are driving in. We should be able to go straight to our room. Hopefully?!?!

Arrived at Pop yesterday. Did direct to room check in. Got my text around 1:30pm. Went straight to my room, dropped my bags, and off to the parks. Haven't been to the lobby yet.

We decided to try online check-in. Done! It will be interesting to see if we get a text while we are driving in. We should be able to go straight to our room. Hopefully?!?!
    Depends on when you arrive and when the hotel has rooms ready. I just did the online thing, gave them till 3pm, and they still hadn't texted me. So I went to the front desk, got my room, and while I was loading my suitcase into the room got the text that my room was ready. So for me, what was the point?
    - James Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post
    Depends on when you arrive and when the hotel has rooms ready. I just did the online thing, gave them till 3pm, and they still hadn't texted me. So I went to the front desk, got my room, and while I was loading my suitcase into the room got the text that my room was ready. So for me, what was the point?
    Dan, we are driving from Indiana and should arrive sometime between 6-8pm. When we did the online check-in, my wife put in 5pm, just in case we leave a littler earlier. It's about a 15 hour drive, and we are doing it in one shot, just like our last trip. It's pretty easy, just a long drive. My wife is hoping for the text so we can go straight there.

It should work well for you.

- James Taylor

I'll prolly try it when I get there in September and just have my park pack as carry on and just go straight to a park when I get there.

Just a tip for anyone who wants to see the Armageddon fireworks but not the Armageddon crowds...they do a dress rehearsal on the night of July 3rd; same show, same fireworks, same sound scheme. We lucked into it one year.
    1999 - Coronado; 2003 - DL's Paradise Pier ; 2005 - All Star Music; 2007 - POP; 2008 - Paradise Pier; 2009 - POP ; 2010 - Dolphin; 2011 - POP; 2012 - POFQ; 2013 - POFQ; 2014 - POFQ; 2015 - Art of Animation; 2016 - Pop; July 2017 - POFQ

What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas, but what happens at Disney stays with you a lifetime

Quote Originally Posted by petesimac View Post
    Just a tip for anyone who wants to see the Armageddon fireworks but not the Armageddon crowds...they do a dress rehearsal on the night of July 3rd; same show, same fireworks, same sound scheme. We lucked into it one year.
    Cool, then you can be at the MK for their World's End fireworks!
    Nick Andrews, DL misc74-76,85,91,12/11,1/13, WDW 78,83,85,1/92-8/92,95,99,04x8,5/11,2/12, 9/12,6/13,3/14,11/14,3/15,9/15,4/16,9/16,12/16,4/17,11/17,4/18,10/18,1/19,5/19,10/19, 2/20, 9/20, 1/21, DLP 3/20
    Magic Kingdom Cast Member 1/92-8/92 (WDW CP) 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea

Made reservations for Illuminations for September! First time not having to jockey for position for the fireworks.

Quote Originally Posted by wdwchuck View Post
    Made reservations for Illuminations for September! First time not having to jockey for position for the fireworks.
    Keep an eye on the weather...if it looks like the park might get rained out you can stand anywhere you want (practically) and use that FP somewhere else--unless of course you mean you did desert party reservations...
    Joey

Received a ridiculous wire amount from selling my house...paid off all consumer credit (lots of previous trips), all set to spend money on the next trip(s)! Very blessed!!
    Can't wait till September...

Joey

Thats cool Josephbandrews

Quote Originally Posted by josephbandrews View Post
    Received a ridiculous wire amount from selling my house...paid off all consumer credit (lots of previous trips), all set to spend money on the next trip(s)! Very blessed!!
    Congrats Joey!

I'm a confirmed apartment rat, and I'm approaching the point where that decision is going to bite me in the wallet. Congrats on planning things out right!

- James Taylor

Thanks guys! Its just the insane housing market in Denver with a massive influx while I'm getting out. It had been on a steady incline that just went crazy around Nov/Dec.

Joey

Quote Originally Posted by josephbandrews View Post
    I'd say I know who should be buying Strongbow and Safari Ambers in the heat of September, but I think I know where some of that previous debt came from...
    Nick Andrews, DL misc74-76,85,91,12/11,1/13, WDW 78,83,85,1/92-8/92,95,99,04x8,5/11,2/12, 9/12,6/13,3/14,11/14,3/15,9/15,4/16,9/16,12/16,4/17,11/17,4/18,10/18,1/19,5/19,10/19, 2/20, 9/20, 1/21, DLP 3/20
    Magic Kingdom Cast Member 1/92-8/92 (WDW CP) 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea

Blog Entries

I have gotten some really good mail recently! I got our Magic Bands and DME packet plus the extra tags I requested.

EEEEE!!!! Just about 3 weeks to go!!!

Going on our first Disney Cruise
    Very Merrytime Cruise 12/5/2022
    ~Katrina

My WDW Trip Accomplishments of the day :) Part 4

Completed 14 personalised touring plans using touring plans.com so I'm ready to make FPP next week!

If no-one out there understands, start your own revolution and cut out the middle man (Billy Bragg)

I was thinking about joining touring plans. Do you think it helped you a lot with the fast pass plans?