Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Seeking opinion for freeway choice

Cool Seeking opinion for freeway choice

Seeking a route opinion from you locals. Will be driving to DL from Death Valley on a Thur getting to Anaheim around noon. From I-15 we will go west to hit 57. My guess is avoid 10 or 210. Any preference between 60 or 91? We will be a carpool & I have a Fastrak transponder.

A bientot

"I'm not interested in what you did yesterday, because I'm not going to be there. I know I can do that. It's the next thing that I'm interested in" (Walt Disney)
    "Sometimes it's not to your benefit to mess with things that are above your reach. You don't want to show yourself to be too stupid." (Bob Dylan)

2. # ADS

Just before noon on a Thursday, that far east, all of the morning traffic will have broken. Unless there is an accident somewhere, you shouldn't have any traffic issues. I'd probably go south on the 15 to the 10 and take it to the 57. Just an FYI, but the 210, 10 and 60 all have free carpool lanes that require at least 2 people in the car.

Thanks, Dave. I know we have routes up here I avoid, but sounds like any of these are OK if there's no red on the map app. Thanks.

A bientot

"I'm not interested in what you did yesterday, because I'm not going to be there. I know I can do that. It's the next thing that I'm interested in" (Walt Disney)
    "Sometimes it's not to your benefit to mess with things that are above your reach. You don't want to show yourself to be too stupid." (Bob Dylan)

I have always had good luck taking the 60 west from the 15. The carpool lane on the 60 transitions smoothly to the carpool lane on the 57. Not so with the westbound 10.

Say the secret word.

Quote Originally Posted by Rufus T Firefly View Post
    I have always had good luck taking the 60 west from the 15. The carpool lane on the 60 transitions smoothly to the carpool lane on the 57. Not so with the westbound 10.
    That's a good point, I forgot that they had added the carpool lane transition from the west bound 60 to the south bound 57. If you do have multiple people in the car, that probably is the simplest way to go.