Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Early entry help

Early entry help

DH and I are taking our 5 kids in 42 days. Kids are: DS1 (12) DD1 (12) DS2 (10) DD2 (7) DS3 (6). This will be the kids' 3rd trip but it's the first time we're taking them for 3 days (3 day hoppers) and will be visiting the parks Mon - Wed. Since I've never dealt with the early entry before, I'm a bit lost when it comes to planning how to approach the parks this visit. I was thinking of starting off in DCA most like likely in Cars land on Monday then hopping after lunch to DL. Then starting off in DL Fantasy land Tuesday for early entry. Does anyone have any suggestions?

2. # ADS

Things to consider when planning your mornings in general:

1) You are only eligible for EE at Disneyland on Tuesday, Thursday, or Saturday, but EE occurs for hotel guests at DCA on Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday.

2) That is important because DCA and Carsland will already be open for an hour before you can experience it on Monday.

3) The park with EE will be busier than the non EE park at regular park opening.

4) Only Fantasyland and Tomorrowland are open during EE at Disneyland.

That being said, our trip also starts on a Monday. We do not have EE since we'll have APs, but my parents and their other grandkids will have EE. My plan is to enter Disneyland on Monday at opening and DCA on Tuesday. It is likely that my parents will go to Disneyland with their other grandkids on Tuesday morning for EE without us and then join us at DCA. My suggestion for you would be to go to Disneyland early on Monday and hit some areas that do not participate in EE, such as Adventureland or even go to Tomorrowland (even though it's open during EE). You may want to send your husband over to DCA to get FP for Radiator Racers. Then hop over to DCA later in the day. Then do EE at Disneyland on Tuesday and go to Fantasyland. You can do almost everything in Fantasyland within 1-1.5 hours during EE time. You could then go over to DCA get FP for Racers and catch some short lines before it gets busy.

Your plan will work fine. 42 days puts you past Spring Break. You will want to get into the Fast pass line for Radiator Springs as soon as you enter as straight for the ride there will be a line. Only one of you needs to join the line, it moves fairly quickly once the park opens. There will be ropes holding you in the Buena Vista Street area until park opening. The good news for you is that they don't turn on the fast pass machines until park open so you should have a good chance at fast passes. Keep in mind both World of Color and Radiator Springs Racers fast passes DO NOT COUNT towards you being able to get another fast pass. So, say your DH is the runner, he gets in the RSR line, grabs WoC FPs, and then grabs one for Tower perhaps. Meanwhile, you take the kids and start a ride or get in line for RSR and DH can join you when he is done.
    Fantasyland during EE is your best bet with Peter Pan as your starter. Lines for the other FL rides dwindle later in the day and are pretty much walkons.

Don't panic if doing Disneyland Tuesday. Stick to your plan of what you have plotted out. Candles suggestion of Pan first is the best option, even though 70% of the folks walking through the castle are heading to Peter Pan. For some reason, the chains are not open and the line immediately extends towards the castle.

Don't Panic when you see Snow White and her wooden neighbor with no line. Stick with Peter Pan, you will be boarded under 15 mins. you will save more time waiting for Peter Pan first on the list then riding any other ride in the area, not logical, but that is the way it works. and then off to Toad, Alice and then Dumbo, then what ever you want to ride or over to tomorrowland.

Also, i suggest watching the clock and at at park opening to the general public and proceed over to ROA where it will be empty for a couple of hours and you can pick up fastpass for Indy and thunder
    Fastpasses machines open when the park opens to the general public

Yes, I specifically picked days to avoid the spring break crowds. The alternating EE days for both parks is what confused me. I think I will try what bumblebee on arose suggested and avoid DCA Monday morning.

"You may want to send your husband over to DCA to get FP for Radiator Racers."

Just remember that everyone has to enter the park (DCA or Disneyland) before you can get a fastpass.

If they're in Disneyland her husband can go to DCA to get FP.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroo View Post
    "You may want to send your husband over to DCA to get FP for Radiator Racers."

Just remember that everyone h parkenter the park (DCA or Disneyland) before you can get a fastpass.
    If they are hopper tickets, they just have to enter A park and then yes a runner can go to the other park and get fast passes without having to rescan all the tickets at the other park.

Love my Happy Place!! mrsdisney68's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by candles71 View Post
    If they are hopper tickets, they just have to enter A park and then yes a runner can go to the other park and get fast passes without having to rescan all the tickets at the other park.
    Wow I didn't know that I thought all tickets had to be scanned in the park you are trying to get the fastpass in. That is good to know !!
    Summer trip here I come!!!

Quote Originally Posted by shamoney View Post
    DH and I are taking our 5 kids in 42 days. Kids are: DS1 (12) DD1 (12) DS2 (10) DD2 (7) DS3 (6). This will be the kids' 3rd trip but it's the first time we're taking them for 3 days (3 day hoppers) and will be visiting the parks Mon - Wed. Since I've never dealt with the early entry before, I'm a bit lost when it comes to planning how to approach the parks this visit. I was thinking of starting off in DCA most like likely in Cars land on Monday then hopping after lunch to DL. Then starting off in DL Fantasy land Tuesday for early entry. Does anyone have any suggestions?
    You may have mentioned this, but are you staying on property? I believe you can on access DCA early entry if you are staying at the DLR. With a three day hopper, you would have one early entry day at DL only.

Quote Originally Posted by mrsdisney68 View Post
    Wow I didn't know that I thought all tickets had to be scanned in the park you are trying to get the fastpass in. That is good to know !!
    It was verified many times when WoC opened. AP's and hoppers work. A 1 park per day ticket wouldn't.