Thread: Disney Cruise Line Charts a New Course for Norway in 2015

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

Disney Cruise Line Charts a New Course for Norway in 2015

Disney Cruise Line press release:

Adventure Awaits During the Northern Europe Summer Season with First-Ever Cruises to Norwegian Fjords, Iceland and the Faroe Islands

CELEBRATION, Fla. (March 25, 2014) – In summer 2015, Disney Cruise Line is charting a magical new course for northern Europe – exploring for the first time the Norwegian fjords, Iceland and the Faroe Islands. Plus, Disney Cruise Line is returning to the Baltic for all-new itineraries, including sailings from Copenhagen, Denmark to St. Petersburg, Russia. Cruises to the Mediterranean, Alaska, Caribbean and Bahamas also are included in the summer lineup.

Bookings open to the public on March 27, 2014. More details on 2015 itineraries can be found on the Itineraries and Ports for 2015 section of disneycruise.com.

Norwegian Fjords

On seven and nine-night sailings departing from Copenhagen, Disney Cruise Line guests are immersed in the splendor and charm of Norway with exciting new ports, steeped in Viking history. An 11-night sailing on the Disney Magic takes guests to Iceland and the Faroe Islands for the very first time.

The Norwegian fjords served as the inspiration and backdrop for Disney’s blockbuster animated film, “Frozen.” Here, guests will discover breathtaking natural wonders such as magnificent mountain ranges, massive glaciers, steaming geysers and majestic fjords. The enchanting Scandinavian culture of the region comes to life through local attractions, stunning architecture, storybook villages and historic city centers.

NEW Seven-night Norwegian Fjords

Ports: Copenhagen, Denmark; Stavanger, Alesund, Geiranger and Bergen, Norway

Departure date: June 6

NEW Nine-night Norwegian Fjords

Ports: Copenhagen, Denmark; Stavanger, Alesund, Geiranger, Molde, Olden and Bergen, Norway

Departure date: June 20

NEW 11-night Norwegian Fjords and Iceland

Ports: Copenhagen, Denmark; Oslo, Kristiansand and Stavanger Norway; Akureyri and Reykjavik (overnight), Iceland; Torshavn, Faroe Islands; Dover, England

Departure date: June 29

Rates start at $1,561 per person for seven-night cruises, $2,133 per person for nine-night cruises and $2,453 per person for 11-night Norwegian fjords cruises for a standard inside stateroom, based on double occupancy.

Northern Europe

On northern European cruises, the Disney Magic will sail the Baltic waters where guests will explore richly diverse cultures and national capitals including Helsinki, Finland; Stockholm, Sweden; Copenhagen, Denmark and St. Petersburg – Russia’s second largest city known as the country’s cultural capital. These itineraries depart from Copenhagen, Denmark and Dover, England – just a quick jaunt from London.

NEW Seven-night Northern European

Ports: Copenhagen, Denmark; Tallinn, Estonia; St. Petersburg, Russia; Helsinki, Finland; Stockholm, Sweden

Departure dates: May 30, June 13

12-night Northern European

Ports: Dover, England; Copenhagen, Denmark; Warnemunde, Germany (July 10 cruise only); Stockholm, Sweden; Helsinki, Finland; St. Petersburg, Russia; Tallinn, Estonia

Departure dates: July 10 and 22

Rates start at $1,463 per person for seven-night cruises and $2,844 per person for 12-night Northern European cruises for a standard inside stateroom, based on double occupancy.

Mediterranean

The Disney Magic returns to the Mediterranean, treating guests to popular European destinations. Departing from Barcelona, Spain, these sailings take guests on an exciting journey of cultures and locales, with romantic boulevards, iconic locations, mild climates and the brilliant blue Mediterranean Sea.

Five-night Mediterranean

Ports: Barcelona, Spain; Nice (Villefranche), France; Florence (La Spezia) and Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy

Departure date: Aug. 10

Seven-night Mediterranean

Ports: Barcelona, Spain; Naples, Rome (Civitavecchia) and Florence (La Spezia), Italy; Nice (Villefranche), France

Departure dates: Aug. 15, 22 and 29

Rates start at $1,255 per person for five-night cruises and $1,302 per person for seven-night Mediterranean cruises for a standard inside stateroom, based on double occupancy.

Alaska

In 2015, the Disney Wonder will sail seven-night cruises from Vancouver to Tracy Arm, Skagway, Juneau and Ketchikan, Alaska.

These cruises combine the grandeur, natural wonder and adventurous spirit of Alaska with the unparalleled, family-friendly experience found on a Disney ship. Disney Cruise Line works closely with Alaskan tour operators to create exclusive-to-Disney family-friendly Port Adventures that allow guests to experience Alaska’s natural beauty and rich history.
    Seven-night Alaska:

Ports: Vancouver, Tracy Arm (scenic cruising through fjord), Skagway, Juneau, Ketchikan

Departure dates: June 1, 8, 15, 22, 29; July 6, 13, 20, 27; Aug. 3, 10, 17, 24, 31

Rates start at $1,155 per person for seven-night Alaska cruises for a standard inside stateroom, based on double occupancy.

Caribbean and Bahamas

In 2015, Disney Cruise Line will sail from Port Canaveral and Miami to the Caribbean and Bahamas on a variety of itineraries. These cruises include a stop at Disney’s private island, Castaway Cay.

From Port Canaveral, rates start at $495 per person for three-night cruises, $662 per person for four-night cruises, $1,465 per person for five-night cruises and $1,145 per person for seven-night cruises for a standard inside stateroom, based on double occupancy.

From Miami, rates start at $400 per person for four-night cruises and $500 per person for five-night cruises for a standard inside stateroom, based on double occupancy.

All pricing reflects a category 11C standard inside stateroom. Government taxes and fees, gratuities and Port Adventures are not included.

To learn more about Disney Cruise Line or to book a vacation, guests can visit http://www.disneycruise.com, call Disney Cruise Line at 888-325-2500 or contact their travel agent.
    If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

2. # ADS

It's a treasure-we found it together
    MousePad Subscriber

It looks like the Wonder has 15 days between arrival from Panama Canal and the start of Alaska. Assuming 5 days to get to Vancouver again, that leaves 10 days in CA! We are going to Aulani at the end of May.... so I shouldn't be interested in this gap.... but I am!

Why do people go on The Amazing Race without bothering to learn how to drive a stick shift?

Registered User fairestoneofall's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Wah wah wahhhhh. Underwhelmed. I was hoping they'd come back to the Mexican Riviera or sailings from Galveston. The flights alone to get to the ship from CA out it out of our 2015 family vacation budget. And Europe sounds lovely, but it's not for 7/8 year olds. 👎

If you can dream it, you can do it. ~Walt Disney

It looks like they posted the dates of a 3 night to nowhere in 2015, but nothing else in California (yet).

It's a treasure-we found it together
    MousePad Subscriber

It looks like it's 2 nights on 5/15, 3 nights on 5/17, and then up to Vancouver on 5/20. That is a little disappointing. The 3 night doesn't work for me because that's the last week of school. Maybe the 2 night again.... I could always book it and then cancel after this years 2 nighter if I decide to. I agree, the European ones sound amazing, but those are like 10 years away for us! With Aulani and DL trips planned for 2015 already, anything the requires serious travel is out of the question, but a short CA option would be enticing.

Why do people go on The Amazing Race without bothering to learn how to drive a stick shift?

Headless Chicken

Must. Do. Iceland.

Wonder how I can pull this off.....

First 5K - Neverland - January 19th, 2013
    First Half Marathon - TinkerBell - January 19th, 2014

It's amazing what is possible in just one year.

Read Everything-Assume Nothing GusMan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fairestoneofall View Post
    And Europe sounds lovely, but it's not for 7/8 year olds. ��
    I have to agree... But then again, its hard to say if European families tend to vacation differently and would find such trips more desirable.

I mean, Im going to assume that the typical US family of 4 is not going to fly overseas with smaller children to take a Disney cruise with the intent of sight-seeing at different ports of call.
    But I could be wrong. (Would love to know, actually - Im rather curious, to be honest.)
    Disney-Inspired Author and Blogger
    CoHost of the Behind The Ears Podcast... Check it out on iTunes
    Admin of The WDW Community Facebook page.

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!

Quote Originally Posted by GusMan View Post
    I mean, Im going to assume that the typical US family of 4 is not going to fly overseas with smaller children to take a Disney cruise with the intent of sight-seeing at different ports of call.
    But I could be wrong. (Would love to know, actually - Im rather curious, to be honest.)
    We will absolutely do a trip like this once we think the kids are old enough to fly a red eye without getting us dirty looks from half the plane. Really, the long flight there and the red eye is the #1 reason we aren't seriously looking at these itineraries. #2 reason would be if the kids aren't old enough for the interesting excursions.
    Jen
    Whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up, you'd better be running.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by *Nala* View Post
    We will absolutely do a trip like this once we think the kids are old enough to fly a red eye without getting us dirty looks from half the plane. Really, the long flight there and the red eye is the #1 reason we aren't seriously looking at these itineraries. #2 reason would be if the kids aren't old enough for the interesting excursions.
    My kids are GREAT travelers, that's not my concern. My concern is missing out on the excursions that I would want to do. I wouldn't spend all that money and then sacrifice my experience. That's just my opinion though. The things that DH and I would want to do would bore the kids to death.

Quote Originally Posted by fairestoneofall View Post
    My kids are GREAT travelers, that's not my concern. My concern is missing out on the excursions that I would want to do. I wouldn't spend all that money and then sacrifice my experience. That's just my opinion though. The things that DH and I would want to do would bore the kids to death.
    That makes a lot of sense! Since I'm scared of the flight (my kids are good travelers for 2 and 4, but they're still 2 and 4) I haven't even thought about or looked at excursions but I could see making the same decision if they either weren't old enough for or wouldn't enjoy things we really wanted to do.
    Jen
    Whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up, you'd better be running.

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I look at the 'quaint villages' photo in Norway and just think of the cruise ship totally overpopulating the town. I wonder how 'quaint ' they'll seem with the whole ship on landz

Cathy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by *Nala* View Post
    That makes a lot of sense! Since I'm scared of the flight (my kids are good travelers for 2 and 4, but they're still 2 and 4) I haven't even thought about or looked at excursions but I could see making the same decision if they either weren't old enough for or wouldn't enjoy things we really wanted to do.
    On the other hand, there are a lot of really great itineraries for families with very young children. We thoroughly enjoyed or EC on the Fantasy in 2012. Looking forward to our next one.

Read Everything-Assume Nothing GusMan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Drince88 View Post
    I look at the 'quaint villages' photo in Norway and just think of the cruise ship totally overpopulating the town. I wonder how 'quaint ' they'll seem with the whole ship on landz
    I kinda wondered the same thing... and how the locals felt about that.
    Disney-Inspired Author and Blogger
    CoHost of the Behind The Ears Podcast... Check it out on iTunes
    Admin of The WDW Community Facebook page.

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!

I am booked on the 11-day Norway and Iceland 2015 cruise on the Magic. Email today from DCL, they are adding a stop at Kirkwall, Orkney Islands (replaces Torshavn). Seems like a good trade. Not too late to BRAVEly visit the FROZEN parts of the world.

Does anyone know how the magic will be coming back to the USA. I would love to take the eastbound repo but it comes at a bad time. I think the Westbound repo might work for my family time wise. But I really want the same ports and I cannot find the information I am looking for. Just thought I would ask in case anyone else had that info.

Westbound transatlantic on the Disney Magic:

September 6, 2014 (14 nights, departing Barcelona, visiting Malaga Spain; Ternerife, Canary Islands; St. John's, Antigua; St. Maarten; Basseterre, St. Kitts; and ending in San Juan, Puerto Rico)

The itineraries for 2015 are not open past August 2015, so an educated guess is that it will be September next year as well. The itineraries for the remainder of 2015 are being released on Monday.

Mary@MasterpieceTravels.com