Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Beach Club 2 BR Villa

Beach Club 2 BR Villa

I'm looking for a 2 BR villa at the Beach Club for Oct 2015.....can anyone recommend me to anyone reputable for a third party that has done this before more than once?! Thanks in advance for your help.......

2. # ADS

Read Everything-Assume Nothing GusMan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I take it you are looking to rent points?

Disney-Inspired Author and Blogger
    CoHost of the Behind The Ears Podcast... Check it out on iTunes
    Admin of The WDW Community Facebook page.

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!

Yes, I suppose that would've been more helpful of I had also stated that, haha!

Quote Originally Posted by jringegneri View Post
    I'm looking for a 2 BR villa at the Beach Club for Oct 2015.....can anyone recommend me to anyone reputable for a third party that has done this before more than once?! Thanks in advance for your help.......
    Sorry that I failed to mention that I was looking to rent points........ But if anyone could steer me in the right direction that would be great!

I have rented from 3 individuals in the last 3 years. I found 2 on the rent/trade/transfer board on Mouseowners.com and 1 on the rent/trade board on the Dis-boards. You can rent through a broker such as David's Disney Vacation Club Rentals or The Timeshare Store.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Bubstress View Post
    I have rented from 3 individuals in the last 3 years. I found 2 on the rent/trade/transfer board on Mouseowners.com and 1 on the rent/trade board on the Dis-boards. You can rent through a broker such as David's Disney Vacation Club Rentals or The Timeshare Store.

Good luck!
    Thank you so much....... I also have been on MouseOwners.com and boy is that addicting... Hahaha. I'll be checking out DVD boards as well. Did you find renting cheaper from those individuals vs a broker?

Quote Originally Posted by jringegneri View Post
    Thank you so much....... I also have been on MouseOwners.com and boy is that addicting... Hahaha. I'll be checking out DVD boards as well. Did you find renting cheaper from those individuals vs a broker?
    I meant DIS not DVD, lol

My 1st rental was a confirmed reservation at SSR. Owner had made the reservation and the renter had backed out. Got 4 nights for $400, about $7 per point.

2nd was another confirmed reservation at AKV value at 11 months. It was for the 1st week of December, $13 per point. Totally worth it!

3rd was more distressed points expiring at the end of the month and the only availability was SSR, which was fine, we wanted to stay there anyway. Around $10 per point.

I believe brokers want $15 per point. If you are flexible about where you want to stay and your dates you may be able to pick up distressed points cheaper. If you have to stay at BLT or VGF or at an Epcot resort during Food & Wine expect to pay $13 per point and up from individuals.

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Brokers do provide some protection, though. The one I looked at recently holds the final payment to the owner until AFTER the renter checks in.

Cathy

If I wanted a specific resort (BCV 2 bedroom) at a specific time (during F&W) I would go through a broker. Either that or buy my own BCV contract (which I did ).

Renting a unit that big can really get expensive. I wanted to control my own reservation and not be at the mercy of a total stranger. Using a broker such as David's would give me peace of mind though. My rentals have worked out well but a couple of them were basically last minute with distressed points and relatively good deals so we took what we could get and lucked out with decent people.

Blog Entries

There is one thing that needs to be said about renting points that people tend to overlook, or are not told. You are never really in control of the reservation. That means you are not going to be able to call DVC about questions, special requests, or directly request any changes in the reservation. That all needs to be done by the renter or broker.

With this said, you have any special requests you want noted on your reservation it might be best to make them clear up front so they can get them added to the reservation. (Standard "requests are never guaranteed" rules apply.) Of course during the check in process, you can make requests just like any other reservation.

Keep in mind, I dont mention this to scare anyone off, as that is really not the case. Its just that some people like to have close contact with Disney about their reservations. Non-DVC members are not going to get any help from Member Services. Because of this, some preplanning goes a long way!

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!

Quote Originally Posted by GusMan View Post
    Non-DVC members are not going to get any help from Member Services.
    Actually even DVC members get no help from Members Services with their rentals. I've never needed "help" but during our last rental we added a couple of extra days with our own points. They did help us link the reservations so we didn't have to move rooms but we had to go to the front desk on the new check-in day to get our MagicBands reset.

Blog Entries

For the sake of conversation, I made the assumption that renters are not going to already be DVC members.

Its even understandable that DVC members renting points from other DVC members still are not able to call MS with questions about ta rental ressie as well for the same reason as before - the renter never really "owns" the reservation itself.

Quote Originally Posted by GusMan View Post
    For the sake of conversation, I made the assumption that renters are not going to already be DVC members.
    Understandable assumption. We are some of those DVC members that seem to exceed our allotted points every year. LOL! Haven't been able to make myself embrace the borrowing part. We just feel like this is a bonus to our membership since we already know the ins and outs of the system. By renting we get to go an extra time each year. But I still don't enjoy not having control over the reservation.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubstress View Post
    Actually even DVC members get no help from Members Services with their rentals. I've never needed "help" but during our last rental we added a couple of extra days with our own points. They did help us link the reservations so we didn't have to move rooms but we had to go to the front desk on the new check-in day to get our MagicBands reset.
    We are not DVC owners, however we had good luck the one time we rented (at Boardwalk) a studio and decided just before we went down to extend our stay by a night. When we checked into our DVC rental I told the young woman helping me check in the situation and somehow she "linked" the two reservations up. I did have to go down and check out, then check back in for the extra night, but that took all of 5 minutes and we didn't have to change rooms. It was easy, smooth process. That being said, I've only done that once, and it was in mid January so perhaps the quieter time of year helped with not having to change rooms??

This was pre-magic bands.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ericles View Post
    When we checked into our DVC rental I told the young woman helping me check in the situation and somehow she "linked" the two reservations up. I did have to go down and check out, then check back in for the extra night, but that took all of 5 minutes and we didn't have to change rooms. It was easy, smooth process. That being said, I've only done that once, and it was in mid January so perhaps the quieter time of year helped with not having to change rooms??

This was pre-magic bands.
    Chances are, the linking helped... but not 100% sure. As long its the same exact room type, its usually do-able.
    The magic band timing probably did not influence things.