Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 WDW Marathon Weekend

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vegaspixie View Post
    Hey, my hubby and I are running the Long Beach full! I don't know about the full course, but the half course is my FAVORITE non-Disney half marathon course. I think its the best of the beach cities courses. Maybe you could do the half while Doc does the full?
    Who would watch the children??? I think that it being Doc's first full, I'd rather be available for support. We have a friend who runs LB every year and she loves it, too. Doc's company sponsors one of the Beach series races and he could've potentially run on their team this year (he would've run the half,) but passed because we had a conflict. Long story short, I hope he doesn't end up regretting that he passed the opportunity this year. But it's nice to know that so many people like this course. I haven't talked to anyone who's run the full yet, just have heard good things about the half.
    Parenting in the Parks[/url]
    Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% what you do with what happens to you.[/b]
    "You should do totally do this thing, but just remember, it's going to suck eggs" #ThingsMyFriendsSayToMe

2. # ADS

Team MousePlanet
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cactusgirl View Post
    Marine Corps Marathon is Oct 26th. I'm just sayin'...
    That, and the lottery for it is already done, I think. They get like 100,000,000,000 applications and they only have room for something like 30,000.
    MousePlanet Staff Copy Editor. Keep calm and carry on! Learn how you can travel with just your carry-ons, at my Travelite FAQ! Go Team MousePlanet! My dream came true! I qualified for the 2016 Boston Marathon. Required finish time: 4:00. My BQ time: 3:54:48! All-time marathons completed: 11; halfs: 45.

Quote Originally Posted by Lani View Post
    That, and the lottery for it is already done, I think. They get like 100,000,000,000 applications and they only have room for something like 30,000.
    Bib transfer is coming up. Plus, I think there may be some Runner's World spots left. Where there is a will, there is a way.... Lani, you should run this.

Quote Originally Posted by vegaspixie View Post
    Hey, my hubby and I are running the Long Beach full! I don't know about the full course, but the half course is my FAVORITE non-Disney half marathon course.
    I'm doing the LB half too! I ran it last year and really liked the course. If you run 3 years in a row you get better beer at the finish (hey, everyone needs a goal...)
    Jen
    Whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up, you'd better be running.

Team MousePlanet
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cactusgirl View Post
    Bib transfer is coming up. Plus, I think there may be some Runner's World spots left. Where there is a will, there is a way.... Lani, you should run this.
    I have too much travel happening around that time so I can't swing it. Maybe one of these days.
    MousePlanet Staff Copy Editor. Keep calm and carry on! Learn how you can travel with just your carry-ons, at my Travelite FAQ! Go Team MousePlanet! My dream came true! I qualified for the 2016 Boston Marathon. Required finish time: 4:00. My BQ time: 3:54:48! All-time marathons completed: 11; halfs: 45.

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by *Nala* View Post
    If you run 3 years in a row you get better beer at the finish (hey, everyone needs a goal...)
    AWESOME reward!
    Cathy

Contributing Writer RunningFool's Avatar
    Blog Entries

So, does this tweet from runDisney mean the new Mine Train will be available for rides during the WDW Marathon (similar to Everest) or ...?

https://twitter.com/runDisney/status/461928112419536896

The Seven Dwarfs Mine Train will be a #WDWMarathon course attraction in 2015! pic.twitter.com/xuJDlIoL5i

RunningFool

Next non-Disney short distance event: Good question...
    Next non-Disney Half: TBD
    Next runDisney event: W&D Two Course Challenge & 5k

Registered User fairestoneofall's Avatar
    Blog Entries

That's how I took it.

If you can dream it, you can do it. ~Walt Disney

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'll ride only if the balloon ladies ride it!

Cathy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Drince88 View Post
    I'll ride only if the balloon ladies ride it!
    There's a fun WDW commercial for you!
    RunningFool

I'm looking for advice on where to stay. We're DVC members, so reserved Saratoga Springs (our home resort) at 11 months. We're coming up on the 7 month window where we can move resorts, and I was hoping to get something on the monorail, but Contemporary and Grand Floridian aren't showing any availability. Epcot resorts are also fully booked for DVC. Animal Kingdom is available, and I love that resort, but I'm wondering if it will be harder to get to the marathon on race morning if we stay there (vs Saratoga.) We plan on taking Disney transportation to the race regardless of where we stay. Any opinions?

Jen
    Whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up, you'd better be running.

Blog Entries

Hannahbelle just booked BWV this morning for marathon week. Maybe the wait list isn't long?

Blog Entries

And FYI, I've stayed at Kidani for marathon week twice without issue.

We plan on taking Disney transportation to the race regardless of where we stay. Any opinions?
    Saratoga is large, and a lot of people do stay there for race weekend. One year we arrived to the bus area around 3:45 AM and there was a huge line. We barely made it to the start in time for the race. It was probably a fluke due to crowds and not enough buses cycling through, but I have a feeling the number of people staying at AKL is lower. You still have to take a bus from either place, so in my opinion it's a wash.

Quote Originally Posted by fairestoneofall View Post
    Hannahbelle just booked BWV this morning for marathon week. Maybe the wait list isn't long?
    I was looking only at Studios since it will just be two of us. I probably should have specified that. Glad to hear you stayed at Kidani with no problem. What time did you get to the bus stop?
    Jen

Blog Entries
    I was looking only at Studios since it will just be two of us. I probably should have specified that. Glad to hear you stayed at Kidani with no problem. What time did you get to the bus stop?
    Oh, she had a 1BR.

I got on the bus at 3:30-ish. I didn't have to wait long on the bus. The last two years akl didn't share a bus with any other resort.

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

We're at Kidani for marathon weekend.

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% what you do with what happens to you.[/b]
    "You should do totally do this thing, but just remember, it's going to suck eggs" #ThingsMyFriendsSayToMe

Running at full speed
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by adriennek View Post
    I'm waiting for a certain beloved MP staff member to come in and announce his participation... Can't WAIT for the MousePlanet meet and photo op at this event!
    Sorry I missed my cue. Was distracted and never posted. I don't know about beloved, though. MIA, maybe. But yes, please add me to the list for the Half. Wait, I'm doing two Disney half marathons nine weeks apart? Yikes! How did that happen?

Looks like Dopey has filled up a lot of rooms. We're still at Saratoga as there is currently no Studio availability at any other resort for a Friday arrival. I have Kidani and Contemporary wait listed but I'll probably check frequently to see if anything else opens up. Either way we're definitely planning to get to the bus early, especially since we have the Race Retreat.

Jen

Blog Entries

So who is in for 2015?

** Dopey
    * Goofy

Dopey Challenge
    timl33**
    running susitna**

Goofy Challenge
    Doc Krock*
    RunningFool*
    timl33**
    THpoohbear*
    THpoohbear's DS*
    running susitna**

WDW Marathon
    Nala
    Simba
    Doc Krock*
    RunningFool*
    timl33**
    Drince88
    THpoohbear*
    THpoohbear's DS*
    running susitna**

WDW Half Marathon
    JenJones
    JenJones Niece
    Doc Krock*
    adriennek
    RunningFool*
    timl33**
    THpoohbear*
    THpoohbear's DS*
    running susitna**
    DisneyFunFamily4
    DisneyFunDaddy4
    DisneyFunFamily4 DD13
    Mark Goldhaber

WDW 10k
    timl33**
    running susitna**
    DisneyFunFamily4 DD10
    HannahBell
    HannahBell's DH

Family Fun Run 5k
    timl33**
    running susitna**

RunningFool

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Goldhaber View Post
    Sorry I missed my cue. Was distracted and never posted. I don't know about beloved, though. MIA, maybe. But yes, please add me to the list for the Half. Wait, I'm doing two Disney half marathons nine weeks apart? Yikes! How did that happen?
    Got you added!
    RunningFool

Blog Entries
    Got you added!
    RunningFool

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    I like you, and everyone knows I'm difficult.

Now. About that Bonus Bling... (It's my job around here to beat the dead horse, AVP warned you about me, right?)

Running at full speed
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by adriennek View Post
    I like you, and everyone knows I'm difficult.

Now. About that Bonus Bling... (It's my job around here to beat the dead horse, AVP warned you about me, right?)
    I think you come with your own built-in warning system.

I'm considering it, but if I do it'll either be DL Half or Avengers next fall. I can't do back-to-back weekends for Star Wars (much as I'd like to), and I'm not traveling cross-country on Mothers Day weekend to do Tink. We'll see. I've got a while before I've got to register.

Running at full speed
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RunningFool View Post
    Got you added!
    Thanks, Lorree!