Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Best Spot for a One Night Splurge

Best Spot for a One Night Splurge

I'm going on a fun family vacation trip in June. It will be with quite a few family members (9 people, 3 under 14), all staying in a non-Disney timeshare. It's going to be an awesome trip, but a few of us are considering spending one night in a nice Disney hotel for a little time away from the crowd. Where would be the best spot to spend a night, and hopefully get some fun perks for that night? We have a reasonably decent budget for this night, and can be rather flexible. Any suggestions? None of us have actually stayed in an official Disney hotel before, so this is an exciting change!

2015: Star Wars 10k + Avengers 10k
    2016: Star Wars 10k, Paris Half and 5k, Avengers Half
    2017: Star Wars Light Side Half, Star Wars Dark Side Half, Paris Half and 10k, Avengers 10k
    MouseAdventure Addict- Usually "Beware the Groove"

2. # ADS

All adults? And are you looking for over the top Disney themeing or luxury? Are you planning on staying at the hotel to take advantage of the hotel amenenies or just sleep there and then go in the parks?
    If you are looking for over the top Disney themeing- try a value , Pop, all Star, the new Art of Animation.
    If you are looking for a little more luxury with things to do at the hotel - Animal Kingdom Lodge or BeachClub. I think both of these places could be a vacation destination in of themselves.
    If you want to get the best value for your money and you are not planning a park day on check in day, go to the hotel early, your room most likely will not be ready but you will be allowed to use all the facilities. Storm along bay at the BeachClub , animal viewing and pools at Animal Kingdom Lodge, etc.

Have fun picking out a place!

Self-proclaimed Diz nut TinaMouse's Avatar

I'd say Wilderness Lodge for a chill factor or Poly for an exotic feel.

Working hard for that next WDW trip!

Animal Kingdom Lodge Concierge

I'd vote for Beach or Yacht Club. They have an amazing water area that has a lazy river. They are very close to EPCOT. And there's all kinds of entertainment to enjoy on the Boardwalk. Since you have mostly adults I think you might like to go to JellyRolls and enjoy the music.

GnP

My husband and I stayed two nights at AKL without the kids. We didn't go to the parks. We absolutely loved it! Great pool area and great restaurants. Oh yeah, the animals aren't too bad either! Nice laid back feel!

We have also stayed at the Beach Club and Boardwalk. These are great resorts too! You can watch Illuminations from the Boardwalk, ride a surrey bike, watch the nightly entertainers, dance at Atlantic Dance Hall, catch a game at the ESPN Club...you probably get it by now...lots of activities to choose from...

I don't think you will be disappointed with any of these resorts!

If you can dream it, you can do it. ~ Walt Disney ~
    1982 Off-site, BC 9/01, ASMo 1/04, ASMu 8-9/08, POFQ 4/09, BC/POR 7/10, AKL and Wyndham Grand Resort at Bonnet Creek 7&8/12, CS 11/12, Disney Dream 3/13, POR and BW 12/13-1/14, Pop Century 7/14, Fort Wilderness 8/15, POR/AoA (MNSSHP and Food and Wine Festival 10/15), Fort Wilderness 7/16, Off-site 12/16, Off-site 12/17, Off-site 12/18 and Disney Magic, 7/19 Off-site DL/DCA