Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 35 of 41 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast

Thread: Countdown to Magic!...Part 4

Quote Originally Posted by scoobydooby View Post
    Sounds fun! Still five years off our first adult only trip I think but it will be a food and wine one. That's already decided!!!!
    Why would you want to take boring 'adults' with you on your trip?
    Nick Andrews, DL misc74-76,85,91,12/11,1/13, WDW 78,83,85,1/92-8/92,95,99,04x8,5/11,2/12, 9/12,6/13,3/14,11/14,3/15,9/15,4/16,9/16,12/16,4/17,11/17,4/18,10/18,1/19,5/19,10/19, 2/20, 9/20, 1/21, DLP 3/20
    Magic Kingdom Cast Member 1/92-8/92 (WDW CP) 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea

2. # ADS

Quote Originally Posted by nickjandrews View Post
    Why would you want to take boring 'adults' with you on your trip?
    Just me and DH who are the biggest kids on the planet. No 'boring adults' here

If no-one out there understands, start your own revolution and cut out the middle man (Billy Bragg)

Just me and DH who are the biggest kids on the planet. No 'boring adults' here
    Sounds about like us!

We were talking yesterday afternoon on the way home from a afternoon out...talking about maybe we'd pop down to Williamsburg or up to Gettysburg to take in some holiday festivities & decorations. Well that morphed into recalling our trip the first weekend of December to WDW several years ago.
    And you know what happens when you start talking about WDW...
    So, taking our incredibly difficult year into account, we have decided to go down in early December, as opposed to our proposed trip in Jan or Feb., 2015.
    Today we are both double checking our work schedules and once that is done I'm pulling the trigger on this trip!
    We are going to do a Fri-Tuesday long weekend, flying out of Baltimore, staying (assuming availability) at a Beach Club studio. If for some reason we can't get into BC, we will stay at the Boardwalk. I've already checked and found decent flights - bonus is I've got enough points to get two r/t tickets!

It's as if the universe is staying "do it, you need it."
    And I'm answering "I will, and I do!"
    It's a impulse purchase/trip for sure but we are not suffering any guilt or buyers remorse. We are thinking of it as therapeutic. A giant therapy session with one big co-pay

And our boys are old enough to stay home by themselves, get themselves to where they need to be work, school...without us worrying over them or imposing on a family member to stay with them while we are gone. And with the boys home I won't have to board my puppies, and they can stay home and sleep in their own beds! All I need to do is make sure there are enough dog treats, pizza, chips and natcho makings in the house!

When we did the math we realized instead of the two years we had thought it was, in reality it has been about 3 years since we've been.

Excited, and very much looking forward to it. Bring on the Christmas decorations!

Registered User fairestoneofall's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Sounds fun! Still five years off our first adult only trip I think but it will be a food and wine one. That's already decided!!!!
    I made the decision last year. I went to WDW for the W&D Half Marathon and had an absolute blast. It was my 2nd trip for F&W, and also my 2nd trip without the DH and kiddos. So, off we go, in just 16 days. No kids for a week!
    If you can dream it, you can do it. ~Walt Disney

24 Days. Can't wait!

Tony S.
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

url=http://www.magicalkingdoms.com/timers/][/url]

35! Just 7 short weeks and I'll be sitting here trying to pass the time till I head to the airport...

Joey

Oh boy! Well I now have a count down!

46 days to go!

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Enjoy your trip, Ericles! Spontaneous trips are the best. My sister and I did one quite a few years back before Millionaire closed.

Cathy

Blog Entries

Two weeks from tomorrow!

34!

34!
    No its not...Its 34!
    Joey

33! Winner on 6 the hard way! Inching towards only 4 weeks--definitely time to start packing and deciding whats needed for such a long trip...

I'm sure we will do laundry at least once or twice with machines in the condo...Probably the best feature of SW (IMO) now that their rates are the same or higher than competing airlines...is the free checked bags...

Joey

Quote Originally Posted by josephbandrews View Post
    Probably the best feature of SW (IMO) now that their rates are the same or higher than competing airlines...is the free checked bags...
    You can still get great rates at SW if you are booking well in advance. We booked our flights months ago and were able to get tickets for about $200 round trip. These days you generally don't do much better than that from Long Island to MCO. I agree on the free bags - that saves you $50 round trip at a minimum.

Oh, and by the way.....22 days! I can almost taste the School Bread!
    Tony S.

44 days for us. Today in Maryland it's what we call a "Animal Kingdom day"....rainy. Cause every time we go to AK it rains!

33! Winner on 6 the hard way! Inching towards only 4 weeks--definitely time to start packing and deciding whats needed for such a long trip...

I'm sure we will do laundry at least once or twice with machines in the condo...Probably the best feature of SW (IMO) now that their rates are the same or higher than competing airlines...is the free checked bags...
    especially on return trip with all the treasure you buy or acquire.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovethemouse View Post
    You can still get great rates at SW if you are booking well in advance. We booked our flights months ago and were able to get tickets for about $200 round trip. These days you generally don't do much better than that from Long Island to MCO. I agree on the free bags - that saves you $50 round trip at a minimum.

Oh, and by the way.....22 days! I can almost taste the School Bread!
    IF you are fortunate to live near a SW hub.

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    IF you are fortunate to live near a SW hub.
    Doesn't necessarily need to be a hub - just an airport they serve!

(Pre Katrina we were a mini-hub - now we're just an airport they serve.)
    Cathy

Quote Originally Posted by Drince88 View Post
    Doesn't necessarily need to be a hub - just an airport they serve!

(Pre Katrina we were a mini-hub - now we're just an airport they serve.)
    I suppose, but rates differ. When I lived in Denver they didn't even fly there!

31 Days! FP+ time tomorrow...

Joey

31 Days! FP+ time tomorrow...
    Don't foreget your fastpasses for Be our Guest lunch. You can book those 27 days prior to your fastpass reservation. I was able to do mine last week for 9 people. I had been told that they opened up at 7:00am, but I tried at 5:00am and it worked.

20 days from right now I should be on my DME bus!
    Tony S.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovethemouse View Post
    Don't foreget your fastpasses for Be our Guest lunch. You can book those 27 days prior to your fastpass reservation. I was able to do mine last week for 9 people. I had been told that they opened up at 7:00am, but I tried at 5:00am and it worked.

20 days from right now I should be on my DME bus!
    Thanks! Great idea! So once FP+ is booked...~27 days from the first scheduled FP is when it should be open?

Looks like first day or last day would be best to try for...
    Joey

30 BTW....but it will be 29 in an hour and 7 minutes.

Joey

Blog Entries

10!!

I should be in bed by now...but I wanted to say...29...and in an hour...28. I'll go ahead and rub that in at work tomorrow...

Nick, We sold a satellite system to a broadcaster near Santa Ana...that I need to go install...Plan for a Thurs/Fri job...get a room at desert inn or annabella...$130 3 day military hoppers... Just sayin................

Joey