Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Where to run around Disneyland?

Where to run around Disneyland?

My DD and I are visiting Disneyland March 1-5, 2014, we are staying at BWPPI and we were wondering if there is a good safe place to go running in the early mornings?

2. # ADS

Blog Entries

How far are you looking at going? Are you going to go early? If so, my daughter's route would be something like north on Harbor to Manchester (Hojo's.) Take Manchester to Clementine, continue on Clementine to Katella (cross Katella). Take Katella to Harbor, south on Harbor to COnvention, west on Convention to Disneyland drive, to Katella, east on Katella to Harbor and back to your room. That is about 3.5 miles.

Planning 3 trips at once...

I remember a thread about this before. I have seen runners before. The block all the way around is pretty safe.

Malcon10t thank you and 3-4 miles is what we were looking for. Thanks candles71, makes me feel better to be safe. 😊

Team MousePlanet
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by disneyluvnmama View Post
    My DD and I are visiting Disneyland March 1-5, 2014, we are staying at BWPPI and we were wondering if there is a good safe place to go running in the early mornings?
    Hi disneyluvnmama;

If you are staying at Best Western Park Place Inn, I would recommend the Disneyland Perimeter 5K course that I set up on MapMyRun here: http://www.mapmyrun.com/us/anaheim-c...oute-202658908

The good thing about this course is that you can start anywhere along the course and it will be a 3-mile course. If you want the extra .1 mile to make it a 5K, just do a little dogleg in and out of the spot near the Mickey & Friends tram stop (see the map).

If you want to add a little more mileage, you can extend the circuit out onto S. Walnut St, which is west of the hotels (again, see the map in the link).

If you want to do the equivalent of a 10K, you can just do the circuit twice.

Whenever I'm staying near the park, I just do this route. It's easy and you can't get lost.

The only warning is that depending on what time you go, you will run into a lot of large groups of walkers, many with strollers. Be patient and you'll be fine. You'll even get a little bit of hill work along the freeway overpasses.

Have a great run!
    MousePlanet Staff Copy Editor. Keep calm and carry on! Learn how you can travel with just your carry-ons, at my Travelite FAQ! Go Team MousePlanet! My dream came true! I qualified for the 2016 Boston Marathon. Required finish time: 4:00. My BQ time: 3:54:48! All-time marathons completed: 11; halfs: 45.

Omg! Thank you Lani! I love the route you sent! It's perfect! Now we have different routes to try out.

I have several routes I do if I need to get in mileage. Here's a four mile route that goes around the Disneyland Resort.

If you want something a little longer, I have the "box route" that is about 5 miles total. When I've had to do 10 miles on a weekend at DL, I do this one twice.

I'm Malc's daughter... I like a flat course with all "nice" views so I stay on Harbor, Magic, Katella, I do like to go down in front of the Hilton on Convention Way because of the fountain. Hilton also has a Starbucks. I don't like doing the hills around the freeway so I stay away from there, but I'll go down Disneyland Drive beneath DTD and then around the hotel area (because it's pretty too).

I just run until I'm hungry then I stop for a donut!

This is my favorite route.

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=6217119

You drank my weights?!? ~MDM

Thanks stan4d_steph and MickeyDogMom, I can't wait to try these routes. Mmmmm...donut. 😍

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by disneyluvnmama View Post
    Thanks stan4d_steph and MickeyDogMom, I can't wait to try these routes. Mmmmm...donut.
    Or a beignet!
    Cathy

Even better Drince88! My favorites!