Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Going to Disneyland Apr.2-4th and getting discouraged

Going to Disneyland Apr.2-4th and getting discouraged

TP said it was going to be a 4/10, 6/10 and 6/10 on those days, but according to what others have experienced this past week, it looks like it is going to be more crowded than what they said. With a 2 year old and 7 year old, long lines are exactly what I was wanting. Just complaining- 1st world problems, I know.

2. # ADS

Don't get discouraged! Some of the best moments happen where you least expect them. With your little 'uns, try the Rapunzel or Belle story time at Fantasy Faire - sooo good! Let them burn off some energy at Tom Sawyer Island (always pretty empty, no matter what the rest of the park is like). If your kids like trains, ride the Disneyland Railroad all the way around. There is a nice wishing well with Snow White statuary to the right of the castle (as you're facing the front). Bring some crackers and feed the ducks. If Redwood Creek Challenge Trail is open by the time you go, that would be a perfect place for your little ones to run around. (They do rubber duck races from time to time - a real thrill for the kids.)

Some lines look worse than they are, because the rides load so quickly. Pirates of the Caribbean and Haunted Mansion come to mind. The Jungle Cruise line also moves quickly and is largely in the shade. Plus, most of the Fantasyland rides your kids will want to do always have pretty short lines (exception: Peter Pan - which is overrated anyway, IMHO).

Put your fastpasses to good use. Soarin' Over California would be a good one, as would Radiator Springs Racers. (I don't know if your 2YO could go on these - my kids are all older, so I'm out of touch on that).

Team "Club 34" - NOW MASTERS!
    1st place Family in MouseAdventure Ready Player One (Spring 2015)
    2nd place Family in MouseAdventure Card Games: Deuces Wild (Spring 2014)
    1st place Family in MouseAdventure 365 (Fall 2013)
    1st place Family in MouseAdventure Musical (Spring 2013) - top score in all of Basic!

Soarin and RSR (40 inches) aren't accessible to 2 yo's. In fact a surprisingly low number DCA rides are. I think once I counted them on two hands. Let's see King Triton's, Toy Story Midway Mania, Mickey's Fun Wheel, Ariel's, Monsters Inc, Francis's, Heimlich's, Flik's. Pretty sure about any 2yo can ride those.
    Mater's, Luigi's, Tuck n Roll's, and Zephyr are all possibly doable for a 2yo but have a 36" requirement I think so it might be close.

That said, DCA is outstanding for retreating to a show in the early afternoon when it's warm and you don't really wanna be out in the sun anyway. Aladdin at Hyperion is spectacular, and Disney Junior Live Onstage at Disney Playhouse is a hoot. In the Animation building both Turtle Talk w/ Crush -and- Animation Academy are great for kids of all ages, and downstairs the Sorcerer's workshop/Belle's library/Uraula's grotto or whatever is a good time. Then there's Muppets 3d (not my thing) but apparently a big enough draw they keep it around.
    All the above mentioned shows are crowd proof and indoors/ air conditioned.

Your attention, please. The Disneyland Limited now leaving for a grand circle tour of the Magic Kingdom. Aboaaard!

Just go prepared for the crowds and for the fact that you won't get everything done. It's a lot easier to enjoy yourself when you are prepared than if you are thinking it won't be crowded and it is. Just remember you're at Disneyland!
    Oh, we'll be there the 3rd and 4th. It will just be me and my husband and I'm so excited . I just hope the earthquake activity is over by then.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MidwayManiac View Post
    Soarin and RSR (40 inches) aren't accessible to 2 yo's. In fact a surprisingly low number DCA rides are. I think once I counted them on two hands. Let's see King Triton's, Toy Story Midway Mania, Mickey's Fun Wheel, Ariel's, Monsters Inc, Francis's, Heimlich's, Flik's. Pretty sure about any 2yo can ride those.
    Mater's, Luigi's, Tuck n Roll's, and Zephyr are all possibly doable for a 2yo but have a 36" requirement I think so it might be close.
    Soarin' and RSR aren't accessible to kids who don't meet the 40" mark. 2yos who make the 40" mark can ride. There is no age limitation on any ride now (used to have one on Autopia.) Also, Zephyr doesn't have a height requirement. Mater's and Luigi's have a 32" height. Most 2yos can make that.

I clarify this as my granddaughter made 40" at 2years 5 months. It really depends on how tall the OPs child is.

As far as lines, it is spring break, so I would expect it to be somewhat busy. They have long hours. We will be there the 3rd-6th.
    Planning 3 trips at once...

Blog Entries

BTW- If you need some quiet time, the Animation Academy can be fun with younger ones. Turtle Talk is there, along with the videos in the main room. My granddaughter enjoys both of these.

Planning 3 trips at once...

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    There is no age limitation on any ride now.
    I wasn't suggesting there is.

I should've qualified what I said by adding 40" rides probably aren't accessible to most two year olds.
    Your attention, please. The Disneyland Limited now leaving for a grand circle tour of the Magic Kingdom. Aboaaard!

It's a treasure-we found it together
    MousePad Subscriber

My son was 40" at close to 3, so with shoes probably would have been good to go at about 2y 9m or so. He is now 3.5 and 42" barefoot. My daughter though was 34" at her 2 year appointment, so I doubt she's making it for our "free before 3" trip next year!

Why do people go on The Amazing Race without bothering to learn how to drive a stick shift?

It's a treasure-we found it together
    MousePad Subscriber

I second the Disney Jr and Crush recommendations! Even when crowded, these are great !

Why do people go on The Amazing Race without bothering to learn how to drive a stick shift?