Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Cove Bar to watch World of Color

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Cove Bar to watch World of Color

Has anyone done this before? How did it go? Thanks.

home of the free because of the brave

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by disnymom View Post
    Yes, we have done it a few times, even with other padders. There is a $10 per person charge, you need to be there early to get a seat, and the view of the water is good, but you don't see the projections really.
    Planning 3 trips at once...

Thanks for the info. We will try the Cove Bar this trip and if we like the show, we will try one of the WOC dinners for a fastpass. I have a hard time just standing and I don't know if the show would be worth it. thanks again!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the info. We will try the Cove Bar this trip and if we like the show, we will try one of the WOC dinners for a fastpass. I have a hard time just standing and I don't know if the show would be worth it. thanks again!!
    I don't think I would judge the show from the Cove Bar. Like I said, you can see the water and fountains, but not the projections. They do charge (in addition to your order.) We had a tab close to $200, and still had to pay $10 each for the show. (And they stop serving before the show, even water!)

I really like Cove Bar and I really like WOC, but I don't think that I would combine them.

You could always get a regular fastpass and get there early enough to get a spot on a handicap bench if standing is that much of an issue. The will limit it to just you on the bench as spacce is at a premium for the benches.

not sure why people say you can't see the projections from the cove. You can see them but they are from a side angle and a little blurry. If you are really interested in seeing the show full force then see it front the front. But if you are
    interested in getting the idea and feel of the show it is really fun to listen to the music and see the show from the cove with a beverage and some lobster nachos.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitchwebb View Post
    But if you are interested in getting the idea and feel of the show it is really fun to listen to the music and see the show from the cove with a beverage and some lobster nachos.
    This is why we have done it from the Cove Bar in the past. We wanted to sit and chat with friends and have it sort of in the background. We too were disappointed when they couldn't even refill a glass of water within the 30 min time prior to the show limits. And the number of plates broken by staff during that visit may have exceeded what I can break on Toy Story Midway Mania!!!!

We really enjoy the reserved section for Carthay Circle. We have done both reserved sections, but we prefer the one for CC.

Hey!! thanks for featuring my question on the Disneyland update!!! Fun, Fun.

Quote Originally Posted by cactusgirl View Post
    We really enjoy the reserved section for Carthay Circle. We have done both reserved sections, but we prefer the one for CC.
    Is there a separate section for those who do a WOC meal at Carthay Circle? I thought that everyone who did a WOC meal, be it Carthay Circle, Wine Country Trattoria or Ariel's Grotto, had access to the same Reserved viewing section?

I watched from the Cove bar last year. For a first time experience I don't recommend it. Your viewing angle is parallel and in line with the water screens so most of the video images are extremely hard to see, you miss the dramatic impact of the images. You are at water level which is a nice perspective and there is really no one in front of you so the fountains and music are easy to enjoy. The biggest disappointment is they stop food and beverage service about 30 min before WOC, so if your plan was to enjoy some food or drink for the show you'll need to nurse it slowly. In general it was not a great spot.

I don't know when you are going but if it is a time when the park closes early and is a little slow you may be able to do what we did. When we were there last Jan and the last show was at 8 and that was when the park closed we just walked up at the beginning of the show and stood in the back. We didn't have FPs but they didn't check. We did right behind s planter so there was a bit of a gap between us and the people in front of us which helped us be able to see perfectly and we had the planet f rail to lean on. We didn't have to waste time waiting and we had great "seats". I would suggest that for slower times.

I love watching WoC from Cove Bar, however, I don't recommend viewing it from there for a first time viewer. The first time I saw WoC I did a dining package and was able to be in a preferred viewing area. I loved it. It was a great first time experience and I highly recommend viewing from a preferred area for any first time viewer. It is worth it!

Every other time I've gone, I've watched from Cove Bar. The view is a bit obstructed but we like that we can sip our drinks and enjoy the show leisurely, not having to stand the whole time with hoards of people. I'm not sure where this "$10 charge" rumor came from... but I've never had to pay to watch WoC at Cove Bar. Get there well before 8 p.m., otherwise you may have an issue getting in, especially if you're with a group. If you're going to watch from Cove Bar, try to limit your party to 2 people. Many times we've showed up around 8 or later and were able to get in ahead of groups who had already been waiting, simply because we're a party of two. (We get a lot of angry looks but alas!) Also, be aware that if you're with children you'll be less likely to get a seat, as the bar is usually where there's the most availability and they will not allow children to sit at the bar. They do close the bar during the show but they will warn you, in case you want to get any last minute orders in before it starts.

Warning: If you get in line for Cove Bar and someone tells you that they are "closed" and "not letting anyone else in" DO NOT BELIEVE THEM. We've had others waiting in line tell us (as we walked up) that there's no more availability... We waited anyway and got in ahead of them. It's not very Disney-like... but others will lie to you if it means they have a better likelihood of getting their group in. Line order is not always "fair" here. Hosts will pull you out of line based on party size (just like some rides). The smaller the group, the better the chance!

Hope you have a great time! I definitely recommend going to Cove Bar, even if it's not during WoC. It's a great place to relax and get away from the crowds for a bit.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jessdisney View Post
    I'm not sure where this "$10 charge" rumor came from... but I've never had to pay to watch WoC at Cove Bar.
    It comes from them charging $10 so that people don't hog up seats that could go to paying customers. Sometimes they charge it and sometimes they determine your food and drink bill covers it but people should be aware of the possibility of a charge.[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by jessdisney View Post
    Warning: If you get in line for Cove Bar and someone tells you that they are "closed" and "not letting anyone else in" DO NOT BELIEVE THEM.
    Goodness yes. In fact, I'm not sure I'd believe a Cast Member telling me there was no more availability! They really can be pretty tight about closing the place down. They can be pushy enough about it I sometimes think they have to close out the bar on the same schedule as a non WOC night! I love the opportunity to have a real seat but there is definitely more demand than supply.
    "The white coating is filmy and there’s another creamy layer in there that’s kind of like cream cheese or perhaps unscented foot balm." Cybele May; Candyblog.net

The most expensive thing I ever had was a free kitten.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bennette View Post
    It comes from them charging $10 so that people don't hog up seats that could go to paying customers. Sometimes they charge it and sometimes they determine your food and drink bill covers it but people should be aware of the possibility of a charge.
    Hey, our bill was close to $200 and they charged us!! (Even though they wouldn't refill your water, despite your request BEFORE they "turned the water off"...)

Goodness yes. In fact, I'm not sure I'd believe a Cast Member telling me there was no more availability! They really can be pretty tight about closing the place down. They can be pushy enough about it I sometimes think they have to close out the bar on the same schedule as a non WOC night! I love the opportunity to have a real seat but there is definitely more demand than supply.
    It's not like we haven't had security come over....

Love my Happy Place!! mrsdisney68's Avatar

So what's the best time to try to get a seat for the first show? I want to try to do this during my summer trip with my DH it will just be the two of us so it would be a nice change. We have both seen WOC a few times so Im not worried about how good you can see.

Summer trip here I come!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsdisney68 View Post
    So what's the best time to try to get a seat for the first show? I want to try to do this during my summer trip with my DH it will just be the two of us so it would be a nice change. We have both seen WOC a few times so Im not worried about how good you can see.
    About an hour to 90 mins before the show, if crowds are light.