Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Be Our Guest Lunch Fast Pass

Be Our Guest Lunch Fast Pass

For those of you going to WDW in March and April, Disney has opened the FP times for BOG. Go to the link below. You will need your 12-digit resort reservation confirmation number. It will allow you to select your date and time. You can also select your meal if you choose to, or you can do it at the kiosk when you arrive. We just made ours this morning for April 2nd. Good luck. My wife said they are going fast.

https://beourguestlunch.disney.go.com/Login.aspx?username=otherUser

2. # ADS

Is this the only way to have lunch there now?

Registered User fairestoneofall's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stan4d_steph View Post
    When we went during W&D I believe our party just stood in line. I know that we didn't have FastPasses because three of us were stuck on a bus on our way to lunch while the others had gotten in line.
    If you can dream it, you can do it. ~Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by stan4d_steph View Post
    I would assume walkups are available given they only takes ADR's for dinner. When we were there back in June, people were lining up for lunch starting at around 10am. Not sure if that is still the case, but if I can bypass a line and try the lunch, why not. We did not get to try lunch or dinner during our last trip. We have a lunch and 2 dinners scheduled this time around.

Since I find lines interminable and we plan on eating at Be Our Guest a lot (my fiance and soon-to-be wife loves Beauty and the Beast) we are very definitely going to be using FP's for our honeymoon in September. I couldn't imagine waiting for hours in line just for lunch. If it's available, use it!

Blog Entries

Our group got there early and the line wasn't bad. I've now been at lunch and dinner. I didn't love my lunch or dinner experience at BoG, but I enjoyed the dinner experience more. I had the Croque Monsieur for lunch and it was luke warm and soggy and the fries were old. It was 'meh', but I don't really have high expectations for most quick service dining at WDW or DL. I like my food hot and fresh so it's more my issue, I'm sure. Sorry, I didn't mean to get off topic. Where I was going with this was, if I went for lunch again I'd probably get a FP. I don't think it's worth standing in a long line. But if I do go again, I'd prefer to go for dinner.

Self-proclaimed Diz nut TinaMouse's Avatar

WOW--an hour and a half standing time? Sheesh--they should just let people walk through and take pictures before lunch, then!

Working hard for that next WDW trip!

Quote Originally Posted by fairestoneofall View Post
    I didn't love my lunch or dinner experience at BoG, but I enjoyed the dinner experience more. I had the Croque Monsieur for lunch and it was luke warm and soggy and the fries were old.
    Either you've had bad luck or I've had good luck. I've had both lunch and dinner there, and both were totally superb! Did you eat there just after it opened?
    The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post
    Either you've had bad luck or I've had good luck. I've had both lunch and dinner there, and both were totally superb! Did you eat there just after it opened?
    Lunch was just this past November. Dinner was December 2012. I will say that the highlight of my lunch was a table visit from Bob Iger though.

Quote Originally Posted by fairestoneofall View Post
    I had the Croque Monsieur for lunch and it was luke warm and soggy and the fries were old. It was 'meh', but I don't really have high expectations for most quick service dining at WDW or DL. I like my food hot and fresh so it's more my issue, I'm sure.
    There's good food and then there's food that's good for Disney. Those two concepts don't always line up.

I don't think I'll ever get over the pre-cooked, lamp-warmed steak I paid far too much for at Blue Bayou. Maybe lunch there is better than dinner, I dunno'. Plaza Inn had good fried chicken as fried chicken goes, but the best food we had on our last trip down there was at Trader Sam's. I'm willing to bet that it not being inside the park and therefore having to be competitive played no small part in that.

For Be Our Guest, I would love it if the food was genuinely good. However, I'm more realistically hoping that it will be good for Disney and expecting that it's really the decor that we're paying for.

Blog Entries

Be Our Guest Lunch Fast Pass

Dinner was good, don't get me wrong. But my standards are high and I know that.

So I'm in the process of obtaining ADRs and testing out things and I discovered something which I assume is an elementary thing that I just don't know because I'm a WDW first-timer... What's the 12-digit resort confirmation number?! I assume it's not the same as my hotel reservation confirmation number, because it is only 8 characters, 2 of which are letters.

Quote Originally Posted by Cory Gross View Post
    I don't think I'll ever get over the pre-cooked, lamp-warmed steak I paid far too much for at Blue Bayou. Maybe lunch there is better than dinner, I dunno'. Plaza Inn had good fried chicken as fried chicken goes, but the best food we had on our last trip down there was at Trader Sam's. For Be Our Guest, I would love it if the food was genuinely good. .
    Hi Cory, there's no comparison between the food at DL and WDW. DL has precious little space for food prep, while WDW has very large kitchens, etc. At the MK they can serve an astonishing number of guests because they were built to handle it from the start. I think that you will find some wonderful food choices and really enjoy your meals.

I've eaten dinner at BOG and enjoyed it very much. I thought the food was excellent. I would love to try the lunch menu. But it seems that I always opt to have my lunch over at the Polynesian in the Kona Caf.

GnP.. I hope you have a magical trip!

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cory Gross View Post
    So I'm in the process of obtaining ADRs and testing out things and I discovered something which I assume is an elementary thing that I just don't know because I'm a WDW first-timer... What's the 12-digit resort confirmation number?! I assume it's not the same as my hotel reservation confirmation number, because it is only 8 characters, 2 of which are letters.
    If you're trying to use the link posted in the first post, you *may* not be eligible. That link was sent to people selected for the test, and the confirmation number was included in the email. I don't believe it's meant to be public yet.

I did receive the email during my last visit, with the confirmation number, and even then wasn't able to use the online booking because of a computer glitch. It took AGES to get it resolved, and I wound up speaking with 4 different cast members about it. After I was finally just sent straight to Be Our Guest, I started launching into the whole thing for the 5th time, and the CM cut me off - "let me guess, it wouldn't let you log in, or you logged in and you couldn't choose a time, or you got a time but couldn't order." Apparently they're having MASSIVE problems with this system, and almost nobody is able to make a reservation.

AVP
    If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

Ahhhh, okay. Thanks for the head's up!

Test Invite for BOG Lunch Reservation..wish I had seen this sooner

I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right place, so please feel free to move.

I was staying in a Royal Room 11/5-11/8 and this email was sent to me on the 1st day. Unfortunately, I did not check my emails while this trip. My DH was in charge of FP+ stuff, etc so he could get use to working the site. So we weren't looking at emails.
    However, I was sent this test invitation and thought I would share.

"Bonjour ,
    You are invited to participate in an exclusive test for lunch at one of our newest restaurants, Be Our Guest. As part of this test you have the ability to select an arrival window and pre-order meals for your entire party before arriving at Be Our Guest Restaurant.
    To begin, follow the steps below:
    1. Log on to https://BeOurGuestLunch.disney.go.com using your Disney.com account.
    2. Enter your Resort Reservation Number to begin: xxxxxxxxx
    3. Select an arrival window and pre-order your meal
    Dont forget to wear your MagicBands* when you arrive at Be Our Guest Restaurant during your arrival window, and please enter the Disney FastPass+ entrance at the beginning of the bridge. Youll be able to breeze by the line, confirm your order, pay for your lunch and head direct to your table while your food is prepared and delivered straight to you!

Bon apptit!
    *Guests who choose not to wear a MagicBand should stop by Guest Relations at City Hall on the day of their lunch before their arrival.
    Valid park admission is required to enter Magic Kingdom Park. Cannot accept early or late arrivals. Valid only on the date and time noted on the Be Our Guest website and valid only for the duration of your Disney Resort hotel stay. Operation hours of the restaurant are subject to closures and change without notice. Dates and arrival windows are subject to availability. Not valid for any admission to any Theme Park. Offer is nontransferable, not for sale and must be used by the same person."

So there you have it. As I said, unfortunately I did not get to try this out as I didn't think to check my email for any offers. So I guess the advice here is to check your emails each day if you would be interested in something like this.

Thanks everyone, and have a magical day,
    GnP

Self-proclaimed Diz nut TinaMouse's Avatar

Cool concept, but it goes with that article that was posted today about the FP+ program: You have to be so tied to your devices!

Working hard for that next WDW trip!

Quote Originally Posted by TinaMouse View Post
    Cool concept, but it goes with that article that was posted today about the FP+ program: You have to be so tied to your devices!
    Exactly. I didn't want to check my emails because I wanted to forget about things for awhile and relax.

It's too bad it couldn't be linked to your resort reservation and come up when you checked into to the resort. That would be so helpful. I get emails on my phone but don't always want to use my battery up checking them.

Have a Disney Day!
    You don't have to walk on water, it's how you walk on land.

I'm a bad trip organizer (it has been a busy few months) and dropped the ball on dinner reservations for Be Our Guest. We will be staying off-site, so I'm hoping this will still be possible with FastPass+.

Is it possible to walk in at all of Be Our Guest dinner? Is there a good time to call back to see if anything has opened up? What are peoples' strategies for dining here? I know the food has mixed reviews, but it is a top priority for several members of our party.

2015: Star Wars 10k + Avengers 10k
    2016: Star Wars 10k, Paris Half and 5k, Avengers Half
    2017: Star Wars Light Side Half, Star Wars Dark Side Half, Paris Half and 10k, Avengers 10k
    MouseAdventure Addict- Usually "Beware the Groove"

Read Everything-Assume Nothing GusMan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikara View Post
    Is it possible to walk in at all of Be Our Guest dinner? Is there a good time to call back to see if anything has opened up? What are peoples' strategies for dining here? I know the food has mixed reviews, but it is a top priority for several members of our party.
    Your best bet would be to call the Disney Dining Line often or check online daily to see if anything opens up. I would not count on any dinner walk-ups being available given its current popularity.
    Disney-Inspired Author and Blogger
    CoHost of the Behind The Ears Podcast... Check it out on iTunes
    Admin of The WDW Community Facebook page.

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!

Anyone know if this is supposed to work for everyone yet?

My window (based on an on-site stay) just opened up, and I do not see BOG on the FP selection screen.

I also took a quick look at the other link posted above, but had the same issue as others mentioned regarding 12 digit #'s vs. 8 character reservation numbers that include 2 letters.

Thanks!

-Dave

Read Everything-Assume Nothing GusMan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The lunch fastpass arrangements are still invite only at this time. If you get one via email, it will be closer to your arrival time.

You will not see it as a list of Fastpasses available via MDE.

Disney-Inspired Author and Blogger
    CoHost of the Behind The Ears Podcast... Check it out on iTunes
    Admin of The WDW Community Facebook page.

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!

Would be interesting to see if we got invited for our September trip. Its the only way I would stay at MK long enough for lunch instead of heading to EPCOT for kiosk grazing...

There is noooo way I would spend 2hrs of park time standing in a line for lunch.

Joey

Quote Originally Posted by GusMan View Post
    The lunch fastpass arrangements are still invite only at this time. If you get one via email, it will be closer to your arrival time.

You will not see it as a list of Fastpasses available via MDE.
    Thanks very much for confirming!

I'll keep my eyes peeled for an email as we get closer, but I won't hold my breath in case it does not happen.
    -Dave