Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Disney Cruise Line raises price of nursery service

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

Disney Cruise Line raises price of nursery service

Starting tomorrow, January 31, Disney will roll out a price increase for It's a Small World and Flounder's Reef nursery service on all four cruise ships.

Pricing for the first child will be $9 per hour, a 50% increase over the current $6 per hour fee. Pricing for the second child in a family (must be staying in the same stateroom) will increase from $5 to $8 per hour.

The price changes are effective on each ship as of the following sailing dates:

• Disney Magic Friday, January 31, 2014
    • Disney Fantasy Saturday, February 1, 2014
    • Disney Wonder and Disney Dream Sunday, February 2, 2014
    If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

2. # ADS

It's a treasure-we found it together
    MousePad Subscriber

Wow- interesting! We had about $200+ in nursery charges when we went to Alaska and it was worth every penny. So, I guess about 20 hours roughly. Now we'd be right around $340- that's a big increase! Honestly, it would not deter me from using the nursery- it was FABULOUS, but at $11/ hr, it was basically the same we pay our sitter at home. I would be frustrated if I had a cruise booked (especially soon) with plans to use the nursery, but again, it wouldn't keep me from doing so.

Why do people go on The Amazing Race without bothering to learn how to drive a stick shift?

Super Moderator
    MousePad Moderator

Blog Entries

That's a huge jump all at once. I agree it's worth every penny and at $8 less than I pay a sitter at home, but I think I would've liked to have seen a $1 increase annually rather than all at once. Not that we use the nursery anymore... I agree with Mermaid that it might be a bit of a shock for those booked soon who are planning to use the nursery.

Karin

Romance @ Disney Goddess
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

We loved using it last year when we went to Palo and REALLY missed not having a nursery on our carnival cruise. I'd pay $15 per hour to get a romantic night with Mr. Niwel.

Hakuna Matata
    Parent of a Princess, Disney Cruise Line Community Leader, DL College Program Alum (PM me for info) , and former Disney Store Plush Princess
    There's nothing like listening to "Feed the Birds" while sitting on the steps of St. Paul's.

I was sad to see this too. We'll be using the nursery in May, but we'll still use it despite the raise. Maybe we'll not use it quite as much as we were planning to. We only have to pay for one kid, since our other two will be in the clubs thank goodness!

heather

Next Run: Princess Half
    Next Disney trip: Disney World Feb 18-23

Registered User fairestoneofall's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Our boys were in the Club and Lab, not the nursery, when we cruised in 2012. But, reading what the nursery cost currently is, I think that's really pretty low. It's a large percent to increase, I agree, but still not and outrageous amount. Compared to what I pay our sitter for a night out, I think they price increase is still within reason. That begin said, I'm glad my boys are old enough for the Club and Lab!

If you can dream it, you can do it. ~Walt Disney