Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Disneyland Resort Update

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff

Disneyland Resort Update

Disneyland Resort Update by Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    Update for January 20 - 26, 2014
    Melissa Hernandez wins 2014 Tinker Bell Half Marathon | Another Marvel for Innoventions | Disneyana Collectible Expo 2014 | Save the Date for MouseAdventure Card Games | This and that... | Question of the Week | Crowd Forecast

Read it here!

2. # ADS

Only three sideways pictures this week. Things are looking up...so to speak. :-)
    I find it strange that this week's unanswered reader's question is about buying tickets from an unverified source, yet later in the standard boilerplate the reader is wisely advised to never purchase tickets from such sources.
    The link to TouringPlans.com was most helpful. Thank you!

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Disneyland Resort Update

Quote Originally Posted by MyTwoCents View Post
    Only three sideways pictures this week. Things are looking up...so to speak.
    Sideways pictures are usually a function of your browser. I've seen them sideways on one browser, and correct on another.
    Cathy

Out of this world for Disney DwarfPlanet's Avatar
    Blog Entries

ROFL, "Free candy from Strangers!" Oh that is just to funny from the Mouseplanet run support volunteers!

"Although we think it's DOPEY that Pluto has been downgraded to a dwarf planet, which has made some people GRUMPY and others just SLEEPY, we are not BASHFUL in saying we would be HAPPY if Disney's Pluto would join us as an 8th dwarf. We think this is just what the DOC ordered and is nothing to SNEEZE at."

Team MousePlanet
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

Hmm... all the photos look OK to me. None of them are sideways. What browser are you using?

MousePlanet Staff Copy Editor. Keep calm and carry on! Learn how you can travel with just your carry-ons, at my Travelite FAQ! Go Team MousePlanet! My dream came true! I qualified for the 2016 Boston Marathon. Required finish time: 4:00. My BQ time: 3:54:48! All-time marathons completed: 11; halfs: 45.

Strangers With Candy was a great TV show! Thanks for the reminder!

John

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lani View Post
    Hmm... all the photos look OK to me. None of them are sideways. What browser are you using?
    Some are sideways or upside down on Safari (on my phone) - But fine on IE9 (the browser I'm required to have at work)
    Cathy

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MyTwoCents View Post
    Only three sideways pictures this week. Things are looking up...so to speak. :-)
    I find it strange that this week's unanswered reader's question is about buying tickets from an unverified source, yet later in the standard boilerplate the reader is wisely advised to never purchase tickets from such sources.
    The link to TouringPlans.com was most helpful. Thank you!
    None are upside down or sideways here - perhaps it is your browser, as others have mentioned?

And yes, we do advise against purchasing from unverified sources, which is why were were asking other readers to vouch for the legitimacy of the company in question.

But, as noted elsewhere - this isn't really about the content, is it? But congrats on reading the byline this time.

AVP
    If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Drince88 View Post
    Some are sideways or upside down on Safari (on my phone) - But fine on IE9 (the browser I'm required to have at work)
    I use safari and several photos are sideways. The photos have not been sideways in the WDW update. I wonder if some browsers fix the orientation and some do not.

Always appreciate the weekly update.

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DebT View Post
    I use safari and several photos are sideways. The photos have not been sideways in the WDW update. I wonder if some browsers fix the orientation and some do not.

Always appreciate the weekly update.
    Interesting. I checked using Firefox 26.0 and Safari 6.1.1 from my Mac and all of the photos are ok. Also checked with my Droid and they're ok. Can you tell me which photos are sideways so we can look further?

Thanks Deb,

AVP
    If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

I believe the culprit is Safari on mobile devices. Viewing on my iPhone I see some sideways images.

Congrats on getting it out on time this time...and for responding twice in the same day, even though your last lengthy post made it clear you would be far too busy to respond so fast. And when will MousePlanet be removing the anonymous feature from everyone's posts?

Technical note: JPEG images can have an orientation parameter baked into the file. Some browsers ignore it; others pay attention to it and rotate the image accordingly.

Powers &8^]

Quote Originally Posted by AVP View Post
    Interesting. I checked using Firefox 26.0 and Safari 6.1.1 from my Mac and all of the photos are ok. Also checked with my Droid and they're ok. Can you tell me which photos are sideways so we can look further?

Thanks Deb,

AVP
    Under "construction update" photos 1, 5 and 6 are sideways. I am viewing on my iPod. Sorry for the slow response

some imagination, huh? DisneyFunFamily4's Avatar

AVP- I just wanted to say that this weeks update is fabulous as always, and i'm loving your choice in pics. I had sideways pics on my phone as others have said but it was fine when I looked on my computer. I can say that i appreciate all the time and effort you put in to your updates. I am sorry for all your going though this year. You have my condolences, my 2013 started off much like your 2014 has. I'm so sorry.

Thank you DFF4. You expressed what I was thinking beautifully. AVP, what she said. I've looked at it on my phone and 2 different browsers and don't have any sideways.