Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Amazing Knott's Deal! / + Change "Season" Pass name

Blog Entries

Amazing Knott's Deal! / + Change "Season" Pass name

I know most Mouseplaneteers (myself included) prefer Disneyland, but
    if you don't want to buy expensive Disneyland APs for your family every year you might consider this:

A Knott's Season Pass is just $78!

Knott's should change the name of that pass
    since it usually covers far more than one season. In fact, if you get one this month it covers more than four seasons!

Currently if you buy a season pass you get in one day in December of this year (2013)
    and get all of 2014 with no blackout dates,

and discounts on some food, merchandise and on my beloved Scary Farm.
    And additional visits in December of 2013 are just $9.95 each. That's less than one Disneyland candy cane! (They cost $12.95.)

Knott's should run ad ad: "For about the price of these six candy canes at Disneyland, you could purchase a Knott's Seasonal Pass." (The cost of the pass--$78 divided by $12.95 = 6.02 candy canes.)

--Tom Sinsky

2. # ADS

Blog Entries
    And if you do go to Knott's, here are some tips:

Go on the improved yet classic log ride first. It'll have long lines.

The Ghost Town area is charming. Talk with the many skilled folks who work there, including the prisoner. (I used to tell him my kid's name before we approached his cell.)

Ride the Pony Express second and if no crowd is there yet and the employees will let you stay on, ride it around twice. (It's so short, it should take everyone around twice--then it's a very good ride.)

Ride the train; beware of robbers.

Ride the Stagecoach.

The bumper cars are not too slow for 10-year-olds and their parents, but it's closed during Scary Farm season.

In my opinion, Mystery Lodge has aged surprisingly well.

If it's hot and you see the western stunt show in the outdoor theatre, sit in a covered wagon or--if they're full--sit in the spash area near the stage.

Beverages are even more expensive at Knott's than they are at Disneyland, but any window serving beverages will be happy to give you free glasses of ice water.

See the saloon show in the summer. They have two funny can-can dancers in the show during the summer that might make you miss Disney's Golden and Diamond Horseshoe Revues.

Jaguar is a great, first, big coaster for kids.

Accelerator is a nice, last, big coaster for aging adults.

Here's a controversial suggestion I only recommend for holders of Knott's (reasonably priced!) Season Passes who live within an hour of Knott's:
    Save on parking by making shorter, more frequent visits. You may park for free for three hours close to (and SE of) the park entrance just past TGIF. So come for the first three hours, then drive away for a better, more reasonably priced lunch (Souplantation, Mimi's) on your way to the beach or a movie in Downtown Disney (with AMC tickets from Costco), and maybe return to Knott's for three more hours later in the day for its shows and less crowded attractions.

Knott's Season Pass might be the best theme park deal in S. Cal.

At Christmas time enjoy the small stage shows in Birdcage Theater. My daughter enjoyed the Christmas parade where guest kid marchers (who had rehearsed) added a charming small town-like feel. Snoopy on Ice shows have ranged from good to excellent.

Season passes don't include the phenomonal, transcendent Halloween Scary Farm , which you must experience. (Visit that in late Sept. for shorter lines and fresher monsters.) The Hanging is an insightful chronicle of our times; stand in the "slash area" near the stage. I wouldn't bring kids under 13 even though my daughter loved Universal's House of Horrors when she was 7.

Hope some of the tips are helpful! Please add your own.

--Tom Sinsky
    Last edited by jcruise86; 12-03-2013 at 02:49 PM.

Thanks for the tips! Now that The Billys aka Krazy Kirk and the Hillbillies will be performing at Knott's for the next few months, I'm seriously considering giving that Season Pass a try. It's been years since I last went there, and have no real idea what the park's like. So if I get the pass, I'll definitely consider referring to your list.

Do you know if, like Disneyland, I can upgrade a day pass to a Season Pass before I leave, in case I want to explore the park for a day before making a full-on financial commitment on blind faith? Same with parking; if I pay for parking, will that cost get rolled into getting a parking pass? Thanks in advance!

"The show must…"/"Go on!" - Shakespeare in Love