Quantcast Parenting in the Parks: Planning Disney Family Adventures in 2014 and Beyond
  Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World | User Reviews | Travel

Thread: Parenting in the Parks: Planning Disney Family Adventures in 2014 and Beyond

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff

Parenting in the Parks: Planning Disney Family Adventures in 2014 and Beyond

Planning Disney Family Adventures in 2014 and Beyond by Adrienne Krock

The Parenting Panel shares 2014 vacation plans.

Read it here!

2. # ADS

I gotta be honest. What is up with all this travel to Disney for a marathon? I can run at home and I hate it just fine - it's a necesary evil. Running at Disneyland won't make me like it anymore, and I certainly don't want to take anymore steps at theme park than I have to. But that's just me.

I'm also at a crossroads for planning. We had a fantastic Disneyland trip last November, so I'm tempted to go back. It means a 6 hour road trip instead of flying. But for a few thousand more, I can enjoy a WDW trip that lasts 4 more days (if I get a really good deal). How do I decided? The worst part is waiting to see how much I get back from taxes. Once I see that, then I can decide where we're going. So for the next few months, it's just thinking about what we might do. Either one would be great!

Working for Disney. No, no. Working (in a Modesto office) for (the money to take a trip to) Disney (World/Land)

WDW Trips: June 2002, Feb 2004, Dec 2006, Dec 2008, Jan 2010, Feb 2011, Dec 2012
    Disneyland Trips: Feb 2006, Nov 2013

Road trips can be fun, depending on children's ages and planning. If you've never done the extended stay Disney vacation and can afford it, that's worth a try. It's nice to have a day in the middle of a Disney vacation to actually just relax.
    I'm with you on the running and the lopsided bandwidth it gets on this site. I don't pay through the nose and give up vacation to do what I do for free at home. There are many fine, quiet and safe paths at WDW to run or walk without a good exercise habit becoming the focus of a family vacation. But as a stockholder I'm glad Disney's tapped into another steady revenue stream, as that crowd seems more concerned with merch than most niche groups.

When I plan my next trip to CA, I try to encompass as much of the trip as I can. I live in OR, so this will be one of the few weekends all year when I can absorb some sun and get a tan. Therefore, I want at least half a day at the beach. I want to be sure the Angels or Dodgers are in town. I want to plan brunch with my girlfriends. I want to plan a trip to the park that involves at least one day of gate-to-gate attendance, with a room nearby that my friends and I can crash in, so that we don't have to think about driving home after 16 hours in the park. Despite all I want, sometimes it's not feasible. I already requested my time off for 4th of July, my next desired time off, but if that doesn't come to be for whatever reason, I can plan for Halloween, a time in the park I haven't had in years. I will likely have to forego baseball, but if I can manage it, maybe the Chargers will be home that weekend and I can rent a car for a nice drive down to San Diego!

DISNEYLAND CAST MEMBER - 1996-2005
    The best memories of my life...

The reason I don't hate running anymore is *because* I can sign up for a race at WDW or Safari Park or a military base or the beach or anywhere else with an interesting course, cool medal, and a fun celebration at the finish. It works for me, and I'm in much better shape for it. To each his own.