Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Rumor: possible Marvel or Star Wars run

Rumor: possible Marvel or Star Wars run

This is a rumor I just read on a runners blog. Supposedly Jeff Galloway was told to keep a week in January open for a Marvel or Star Wars themed run at Disneyland. This could be why Tinkerbell Weekend has been moved to May starting in 2015. I would love to see a couple more race weekends here in California

Still need to win the lotto so I can plan trips to Disneyland Paris, Tokyo Disney, and Hong Kong Disney.
    I love: my cats, scrapbooking, and all things Disney

2. # ADS

Contributing Writer RunningFool's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Also of note. The reason that Tinker was moved up in January from it's original date was a conflict with NAMM which is a HUGE event in Anaheim. I just confirmed that 2015 dates are January 15th thru 18th which would have put it yet again on the same weekend as Tinker. Tinker's always been considered too close to Princess for many to attend so hmmmm, what would happen if they moved it?

Logically thinking, moving Tinker to May instead of later in January / early February adds distance between dates of the 'girls' runs and also opens up time later in the month of January to add in a new event at Disneyland that has a more inclusive focus. And moving out the date to later in January might help runDisney recuperate instead of dealing with back-to-back weekend events. And if they have to move weeks of the event down the road due to NAMM conflicts, it's not as big of a deal if it's closer to Princess or not.

RunningFool

Next non-Disney short distance event: Good question...
    Next non-Disney Half: TBD
    Next runDisney event: W&D Two Course Challenge & 5k

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Personally, I'd rather see them move this new rumored event to early/mid February that stay in January.
    Having Tink (or Marvel or Star Wars) the weekend after the Marathon Weekend in WDW is hard on the PARTICIPANTS who want to do C2C and who can't do the DL half for temperature reasons (or other reasons, like school starting up or whatever). True, with Tink moving to May that will help that - and also those that have a hard time training in the dead of winter for mileage (due to snow and ice). But I'd rather they had this new race in February - a few weeks before Princess - so that those that do one or more of the races in early Jan in WDW know that they'll have time to recover from those races.

Cathy

Just imagine all the Princess Leia (when she was held by Jaba the Hut) outfits.

more info on the rumor - my friend says Jeff Galloway has confirmed that he has been asked to hold two more weeks/weekends for new runs at Disneyland. My friend didn't say where she saw that information but hopefully we'll hear more soon

Still need to win the lotto so I can plan trips to Disneyland Paris, Tokyo Disney, and Hong Kong Disney.
    I love: my cats, scrapbooking, and all things Disney